[WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81 (v0.1-0702

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:My Framerate is too low I can´t play your MOD sry.... >:( You got an idea how to fix this? Because your map looks good at the beginning....

To avoid lags I had the idea to cut my maps into sceneries, I have the crashsite, the swamp and the cliffs all in one map, but when I change the scenery by proceeding further in the map I deactivate any thing that could cause lagging, like decorative things (animals, lights, fires, smokes). I´m not sure if this works always but that´s how I do... I also make many plants texture based, I dont use "things", so I can avoid having to place too many "Things" in one area.

EDIT: ONLY MAP01 is unplayable. all other maps ( I checked until map 6) are playable but they are unfinished, right?
What you're saying sounds very strange: I've a Dual-Core AMD processor with 4gb of ram + GeForce GT610 2gb video and everything goes fine. Anyway the only thing I don't use is texture resizing shaders.
Here's my configs (only what do you need to know):
Spoiler:
I play Gore at 1024x768, 32bit graphics/sounds and 10000 particles enabled = 50 fps minimum. I think you have to take a look to your task manager, maybe you have too much enabled services + your video/audio drivers needs to be updated + you must turn off antiviruses + you're using win8 (don't know if it's a problem, but I'm on 7 Ultimate sp1) + you must turn off P2P programs + you must DEFRAG your HDD + you must turn off internet (but I think it's useless because I build/play maps with it enabled) + you have some malware/virus in hiding somewhere that compromises your overall performances.

Also do you have downloaded latest GZDoom SVN? It's fundamental for the purpose.

BTW at the moment MAP00, MAP01 & MAP99 are real maps, others are only placeholders: they stays here only to remember me which will be their texture themes +/-. Just try to tweak more your PC. I hope you'll fix it because you'll need it for Nemesis.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

I have a six-core AMD processor running at 3,9 GHZ and a Sapphire Radeon R9 270x with 2 Gig DDR-5 RAM, my hardware is not the problem. I use approximately 30% of PC performance when I look at my performance monitoring, so the problem seems to be really the GZDOOM engine, As you said, there seem to be limitations within it...

BTW: I play in 1920x1080 pixels

But I´ll try around a bit, my mod is also lagging,but only a bit, there are just too many effects sometimes and GZDOOM can´t handle all of them at once as it seems... :(

By the way, look at my new video: at 2:10 minutes there is the area with sector fog effect and it looks aweful when illuminating the walls with flashlight (dynamic light beam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmGlElm ... e=youtu.be
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:I have a six-core AMD processor running at 3,9 GHZ and a Sapphire Radeon R9 270x with 2 Gig DDR-5 RAM, my hardware is not the problem. I use approximately 30% of PC performance when I look at my performance monitoring, so the problem seems to be really the GZDOOM engine, As you said, there seem to be limitations within it...

BTW: I play in 1920x1080 pixels

But I´ll try around a bit, my mod is also lagging,but only a bit, there are just too many effects sometimes and GZDOOM can´t handle all of them at once as it seems... :(

By the way, look at my new video: at 2:10 minutes there is the area with sector fog effect and it looks aweful when illuminating the walls with flashlight (dynamic light beam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmGlElm ... e=youtu.be
IMOH, with such PC you have, you must SURELY take a look deeply inside your PC configs & tweak it.

Which maps format are you using for nemesis? Doom, Hexen or UDMF? This could be important.
Personally, at the moment , I use hexen's one, transferring lights from external sectors to one + scripted set_color & set_fade transfers... If you want to know how to do it, please open map01 from gore with Slade or GZDBuilder and take a look. I'm not so good on explain things, I'm just an intuitive guy. Otherwise you may consider to turn up sector brightness, like 112 or 128 set.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I did notice only now that you have Radeon GPU, sometimes this won't work correctly with GZDoom stuff. I've find an old thread from DRD Team forums, take a look to this or try to ask something to Graf Zahl.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

I learned to work with doom legacy configuration on Doombuilder 1. There were too much limitations so I couldn´t get any of my greater ideas to work. I stopped modding for doom until I saw GZDOOMBUILDER and the UDMF Format some years later, which knocked out all limitations that were disturbuing me. So NOW I use UDMF Format.

to the link: they taslk about Crashs with several open GL Versions. I have Open GL Version 4.3 maybe it´s not supportet properly..

EDIT:
I played your mod with normal ZDOOM port and it still looks really nice keep it going ;-)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote: EDIT:
I played your mod with normal ZDOOM port and it still looks really nice keep it going ;-)
You'll miss everything with ZDoom. Gore is specifically intended to run with GZDOOM features only. Remember the tweaky thing.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hey ZDoomers, stay tuned because I'll post a special movie showing the magic within 24 hours at max... :rock:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

A brief video footage has recently added to the main post page... next time I'll post more of them. At the moment, enjoy this!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

...and also another one video that shows much more than the first... Now it's time to go deeply with Gore mapping, because everything is going so sloooooow in order to match everything I need to fix/remember/add/investigate! Tomorrow I'll post a slightly new version, with CVARs and more (WTF, I said more?) effects. I only hope that this project will not be ignored, 4 years are 4 years. Stay tuned and :rock:
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

this looks wonderful, the maps are like a work of art! as a huge fan of Torment & Torture, I cannot wait to get my teeth into this.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

How the hell did you do this camera effect or what it is ?? Awesome :shock:

By the way you have some awesome 3d model stuff in your mod where did you get these?

I also like your Mapping skills !
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:How the hell did you do this camera effect or what it is ?? Awesome :shock:
It's just a combination of [wiki]FadeRange[/wiki] + [wiki]ChangeCamera[/wiki] + [wiki]Thing Activate[/wiki]/[wiki]Thing Deactivate[/wiki] stuff...

For the models, I prefer to not say anything at the moment... Just take a look into Credits row on the main post... Otherwise, you can investigate yourself inside the pk3... :biggrin:

While my mapping skills could be awesome, they're still so slooow... Thankx for your feedback!
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - A Project by Ozymandias81 (v0.1.2-180215)

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Uploaded now small new version: implemented roll effects through quake-tilt style by Enjay + Ral22's amazing rainy effects (at Startmap just lift your head up, and see what happens... :-) ). There are also new CVARs for switchable effects via menu + some minor additions to placeholder maps... FROM NOW GORE WILL RUN ONLY WITH GZDoom-g2.1.p655 or newer BECAUSE OF NASH'S ROLLIN' STUFF!
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

I want to test and check out the new rain (mainly bloody and acid rain) effects. How do I do so?
Is there a map or a script function I can type in the console to test them out?

Mod is amazing btw. Absolutely epic.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

loismustdie555 wrote:I want to test and check out the new rain (mainly bloody and acid rain) effects. How do I do so?
Is there a map or a script function I can type in the console to test them out?

Mod is amazing btw. Absolutely epic.
Thankx loismustdie555 :mrgreen:
Concerning special rainy effects (thousand thankx goes to Ral22 stuff and not me, I've just adapted scripts for my purposes with permission), you may have a taste of it just at the SkillMap: turn your head up & look at your screen... Also there are some placeholder maps with these effects, like map03/04 and map09/10... Script functions are under script 220, while case 1 is for rain, 2 for blood, 3 for acid and 4 for snow (which is not defined ATM, must find some snowflake like stuff). Unfortunately these scripts are boolean, but I can leave here the scripts (or just open any of previously mentioned map with GZDB/Slade):
Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”