Night Dive are Exhuming another Retro FPS

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Sgt. Pepperoni

Re: Night Dive are Exhuming another Retro FPS

Post by Sgt. Pepperoni »

Goodbye Exhumed, you will be missed, on the other hand, your one billion of DLCs will be not.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

...Que?
Sgt. Pepperoni

Post by Sgt. Pepperoni »

I was meaning that I am pretty sure that the publisher will release the said-port with a ton of DLCs, that's all.

Or not, but in this case selling a 15 year-old game is as dodgy than selling DLCs. I mean, old games belong to the past, they shouldn't be ported, again, and again, and again. What if tomorrow, Ford suddenly take the decision to bring back to the market their old Ford T, what you would say about this ?
Last edited by Sgt. Pepperoni on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I am 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% sure there will be no DLC. Also there isn't anything dodgy with re-releasing an old game. In fact, it's just letting more people pay it, which is a good thing.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:I was meaning that I am pretty sure that the publisher will release the said-port with a ton of DLCs, that's all.

Or not, but in this case selling a 15 year-old game is as dodgy than selling DLCs. I mean, old games belong to the past, they shouldn't be ported, again, and again, and again. What if tomorrow, Ford suddenly take the decision to bring back to the market their old Ford T, what you would say about this ?
Has Night Dive ever done DLC? Is there any precedent at all for this?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:What if tomorrow, Ford would take the decision to bring back to the market their old Ford T, what you would say about this ?
A vehicle that with even my limited automotive/mechanical knowledge I could probably fix with 20$ worth of parts and an hour, instead of 300$ just to run diagnostics to find out what the problem was? I'd say where can I get one?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

wildweasel wrote:Has Night Dive ever done DLC? Is there any precedent at all for this?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:I was meaning that I am pretty sure that the publisher will release the said-port with a ton of DLCs, that's all.
No, that's dumb.
Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:Or not, but in this case selling a 15 year-old game is as dodgy than selling DLCs.
I guess you must hate gog.com.
Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:I mean, old games belong to the past,
he said on the ZDoom forums.
Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:What if tomorrow, Ford suddenly take the decision to bring back to the market their old Ford T, what you would say about this ?
It depends. Do I want to buy a Ford T?
Yes => Great, I'll be able to get one at an affordable price instead of buying an overpriced one from a collector.
No => Well then I will just have to exercise a massive effort of free will and not buy something I don't want to buy. I know it's hard, but I believe I can be resolute enough to stay firm.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Darn, he should have called it EX-humed.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Really stoked about the Model T release but I'm waiting for the GOG version before I get one.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Looks like there are some major differences between the Playstation and Saturn versions of the game. The PS1 version has some differences in the visuals and architecture and some of the levels are completely different for better or for worse, whereas the Saturn version has some additional items and features. So how is Powerslave EX going to be like? Will Kaiser stick to only one version of the game, or will he cherry pick things from the two different versions
Gez

Post by Gez »

From what I've heard, the NightDive rerelease would include Kaiser's project running the Saturn version, and the original PC version. Haven't heard anything about the Playstation version.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Kaiser wrote:For the time being, I am only focused on the PSX version.

Return to “Off-Topic”