[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am just uploading a gameplay video of the first mission, more at the first post in about 80 minutes when it is online... *ageslater*
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

"AMI!!!"

Good stuff.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Remove the tracers. Otherwise level looks pretty; internet sucks so I only saw a bit of the video.
chelonian

Post by chelonian »

xenoxols wrote:Remove the tracers. Otherwise level looks pretty; internet sucks so I only saw a bit of the video.
Why remove the tracer resources when they're such a integral part of the weaponry's function? Hell, even I've used them in a wad I never plan to release due to Weasel's (not wholly unjustified) reactions to people cannibalizing his stuff.

Hell, I even think I adapted them to make a Unmaker that fired tracers once.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Because the tracers were designed around doom levels. Tracers are not designed around wolfenstein/wolfendoom levels.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

xenoxols wrote:Because the tracers were designed around doom levels. Tracers are not designed around wolfenstein/wolfendoom levels.
Said who?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Because wolfenstein games and wolfendoom mods are cover shooters, and tracers are for dodging, not for running to cover to avoid.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

xenoxols wrote:Because wolfenstein games and wolfendoom mods are cover shooters, and tracers are for dodging, not for running to cover to avoid.
But we are in 2015!
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Are there going to be other Allied weapons aside from the shotguns? Looking at your status bar, I don't see a separate counter for .45 ACP or 7.62 Tokarev, which implies you didn't include the Thompson or the Shpagin from Nazis.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@MJ79 - Actually all of the weapons were taken from wildweasel's Nazi-mod, although I removed a few of them as they are redundant in terms of firepower and behaviour. But there are other weapons from the Allied forces as well.

@Xenoxols - Making all the weapons hitscan is something I want to avoid, as it is more interesting in terms of gameplay to "dodge and avoid" projectiles. It's not always possible though because of their speed but it's more of a challenge and controllable than hitscan attacks.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Those ultra-tall doors bother me. Is it not possible to make the player taller? Or scale the entire level and textures down to match all actors' heights? I understand the Wolf3D actors are not tall. Or perhaps scale all actors UP to match the tall doors, and THEN use PixelRatio 1.0 to balance it all out?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nash - This is something I want to take care as well, adjusting the viewheight of the player and adjusting the scale of the nazis. It won't be perfect but I am sure I can achieve something in between that feels okay.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yeah IMO I think in 2015 we already have enough tools to properly address the scaling problem that has been plaguing Doom modding for 20+ years... personally I would make the player and the nazis taller, and then mess around with PixelRatio at the end of the chain until it feels correct.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

What is this PixelRatio actually?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”