I'm actually done with BD

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
thesleeve

Re: I'm actually done with BD

Post by thesleeve »

TheBadHustlex wrote:>New rule against discussing about BD.
>Thread about BD goes on.

Shouldn't this be closed here...?
Whoops, Sorry about that. I had actually been away from the ZDoom forums for over a year (my last post was back in 2013), so I was unaware of this new rule when I posted yesterday. I just read the sticky, so I'm up to date with current events now.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

thesleeve wrote:Hey Glaice,

I agree with most of your points. I enjoyed the added speed and enemy difficulty that BD brought to the table, but I really disliked resulting unbalancing and most of the aesthetic changes it made. I basically wanted a faster, more visceral experience without all of the bloat... And since BD was chock full of bloat, that basically meant I had to go into the wads and remove all of the crap I didn't like, which was incredibly tedious.

I'm just curious if you (or anybody else reading this thread) have any suggestions for gameplay mods that you are enjoying at the moment. I'm looking for something new to play, preferably something that brings a speed/difficulty boost along with it, while remaining pretty close to the original. Another way to phrase the question: Has anything filled the gap that BD left when you gave it up? Or have you just gone back to vanilla?

Thanks!
TheSleeve
You could try my Random Deaths & Decoration mod (Thread with screens are in the Projects forum somewhere), it's vaguely like BD but without all the unbalanced bloat and weapons changes, thus being able to use your own weapons mod(s) with it. My own mod I built up has actually replaced BD so I have no need for it anymore.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

There's also Smooth Doom. I didn't like it at first, but you know. Don't knock it 'till you try it. I was really surprised at how nice 'feel' of the game is without losing what Doom is about.
thesleeve

Post by thesleeve »

Glaice wrote:You could try my Random Deaths & Decoration mod (Thread with screens are in the Projects forum somewhere)
Thanks! I gave it a try and I really enjoyed it. It's subtle but still manages to create a more immersive experience. Thanks for leaving the weapons untouched and allowing the user the do their own weapon mods!
Hellser wrote:There's also Smooth Doom. I didn't like it at first, but you know. Don't knock it 'till you try it. I was really surprised at how nice 'feel' of the game is without losing what Doom is about.
Great, thanks! It's amazing what a few extra frames of animation can do for the feel of the game.

Return to “Off-Topic”