[WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn for GZDoom by Ozymandias81 v0.

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am working as a graphics designer so that's actually my job :) All of them are PNG paletted.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I hope you'll have a long career, in Europe having a job can be a miracle in these days... Also, I'm an unemployed italian guy, so I know what's the meaning of... BTW, any hint on how to use Doom2 palette with GIMP et similae?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks for the kind words!

A few more things:
  • Is it right that you do not need the original Batman WAD anymore as everything's in the PK3?
  • I fixed the electrotazer, see attachment.
  • The flamethrower is still missing the hud weapon when it is firing, try it yourself :(
BTW, have you tested the boss battles as well and other valuable "hacks" ACE team included to make the mod work as it is intended to?
Attachments
taser.zip
(69.42 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@"Is it right that you do not need the original Batman WAD anymore as everything's in the PK3?"
Yes, absolutely... unless I've lost something of it :lol:

@"I fixed the electrotazer, see attachment."
Is there anymore that I should say? I think not. :rock:

@"The flamethrower is still missing the hud weapon when it is firing, try it yourself"
So, finally there will be some graphics to work for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

@BTW, have you tested the boss battles as well and other valuable "hacks" ACE team included to make the mod work as it is intended to?
While I don't have time to play all vanilla ACE BD, I've encountered some problems with KillerCroc lift/throw boulders, map29 Penguin's healthbar (but this wasn't a vanilla glitch) & strange Zeke Molotov throwers anims (while holding bottles, sometimes in the left then right, that's a sprite rotating prob). Something has changed, this Reborn won't be PERFECTLY faithfully to original BD, but I'll continue to remain genuine until everything is fixed. For now I'm playing each map in order to see what should I do to fix them.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Something has changed, this Reborn won't be PERFECTLY faithfully to original BD, but I'll continue to remain genuine until everything is fixed. For now I'm playing each map in order to see what should I do to fix them.
I understand that and it doesn't need to be perfectly faithful but at least you need to be able to play it without cheating :) I can test the boss battles and similar things this evening, but other people should maybe play the mod as well to make sure everything's fine.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I see that Mav3rick sometimes replies for this project only for playtesting purposes. Also, I'm playing each level in order to get everything fixed (not only warnings). Here you are my playtesting progresses:

1) KillerCroc isn't a threatening enemy, very slow on throwing boulders and could be easily killed with some strafing + smokebombs - decorate must be changed;

2) PenguinBoss on map29 is quite hard to beat because continuosly PenguinRobot spawning + claustrophobic place to battle, but maybe it's a limit of mine. Also when he dies, Evil Space Tomato healthbar is not correctly removed: it remains until I fight with Scarecrow on the near courtyard. So special ACS must be redone for this reason. Here you are source code of it:
Spoiler:
3) Concerning of Scarecrow, his "trick or treat" frightening spawn (always on map29, didn't tested on map16) is missing something, maybe I could add some "green smoke" in order to "hide" double "Scarecrows" (look at this screenshot). I think that's surely something with decorate;

4) TallyMan & Two-Face are OK, I've tested them recently and everything seems to be clean;

5) Bane needs some effects like Hexen bishops & minotaur, earthquakes and Venom power (must see what's meant for, don't know exactly this character);

That's all.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:5) Bane needs some effects like Hexen bishops & minotaur, earthquakes and Venom power (must see what's meant for, don't know exactly this character)
Please no earthquakes :) I thing you partially went overboard with them in your own mod :)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:5) Bane needs some effects like Hexen bishops & minotaur, earthquakes and Venom power (must see what's meant for, don't know exactly this character)
Please no earthquakes :) I thing you partially went overboard with them in your own mod :)
I'm just only trying to spur a bit my fantasy, but at the moment these grandiose things are not needed, aren't them? :lol:
Uh, concerning of fantasy I've added rain effects at the moment...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Rain might be an addition that's in the spirit of the original, I can imagine as long as you don't go overboard with things like that.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Uploaded v0.4.1 with some slighlty fixes, such as ACS'ed bosses healtbars & Batman sounds + map04 revamp. See changelog for more infos, everything is explained over there. Enjoy Reborn and :rock:

@Tormentor667
PS: Don't worry, there will be no more rain on map05 :lol:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Just tried the new version, nice additions, I like em.

Though, +FLOATBOB for ammo and keys? Why the hell? This feels totally unfitting and more for the sake of being used intead of being incorporated because it was meant to be :-/
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Just tried the new version, nice additions, I like em.

Though, +FLOATBOB for ammo and keys? Why the hell? This feels totally unfitting and more for the sake of being used intead of being incorporated because it was meant to be :-/
I'll take a look onto this. BTW the project is called REBORN.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I do understand this, and it is just a suggestion and nothing you MUST change, it's your mod overall. Though, floating ammo and floating weapons simply do not make any sense as there is nothing magical about them.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:I do understand this, and it is just a suggestion and nothing you MUST change, it's your mod overall. Though, floating ammo and floating weapons simply do not make any sense as there is nothing magical about them.
I also understand your point of view, it's only a matter of taste in it: I always liked floating objects! BTW I think I'll move this inside AddOn pk3 from next update. Thankx. :wink:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hey heroes, I've just updated Reborn to version 0.4.2 (yes, modifications are still on a slightly level). For anybody interested on what's changed, go forward and take a look to the changelog. Anyway, Killer Croc is now a threatening enemy & its boulders bounce as they were meant to do.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”