Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Ashes - Post-apocalypse TC -WIP (Working on preview)

Post by Captain J »

the crowbar is pretty looking thin, though.
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

lever action rifle can fit nicely in post apocalyptic world

http://mpmuseum.org/ww1/equipment/webley6.jpg talking about .45 revolver here is one stylish[can be modified to acept .45 acp or .45 long colt ammo]
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Yah. I've been working on a lever action design, but I couldn't make the reload fit into the system I'm using (fast reloads, with no "magazine" counter", that didn't look strange. Maybe I could add a speed loader of some kind... but animating THAT would almost be a project in itself. Anyone who's tried to make a realistic revolver or crossbow reload sprite will know what I'm talking about.

The webley is a brilliant pistol with an awesome top-break and self-extract system. It would definately make for a very cool reload. It just doesn't fit the theme though, being a British weapon, and that would bother me.

Thanks for the input though. Crowbar does need beefing up I guess...
FreddBoy
Location: Wales. You know, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Post by FreddBoy »

Well, I do have a suggestion for a revolver, the single action army (SAA) Colt. It might not have a break action like a Wbbley revolver, but gunfighters liked it more than any other as the cylinder could be very quickly removed and replaced with another, unlike a swing out cylinder. It might be easier to model that action than a break action. Also, the colt is a "true American classic" that would suit your mod perfectly.
Another revolver you could use if you REALLY want a brak action one is a Schofield revolver. However, I don't know of any modern remakes (like the Colts) as the Schofield was made in around 1872. Try looking through the Internet movie firearms database for ideas!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Keyword is classic, yeah fallout (especially new vegas) sorta popularized that the nuclear future is like the old west, but even by today's standards an SAA is rare and expensive, even a reproduction model. not many ppl have one these days

anywho yo if u want a better crowbar you can use the oft better looking and less used killing time crowbar
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, I actually spent some time making a SAA for a western/cthulhu themed mod, with awesome loading gate reload (ala New Vegas). Think I deleted it :oops:

Bit too rare. I'll settle for my current model, which is loosely based off the S&W 625. It utilizes moon-clips anyway, so justifies a slightly more rapid reload.

And apologies for delay. Been playing whack-a-mole with imps.... er I mean testing the crowbar animation.
Vostyok

Re: Ashes - Post-apocalypse TC -WIP (Weapon preview RELEASE)

Post by Vostyok »

DUCK AND COVER UPDATE!

Weapons preview release: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0395a ... eview1.pk3

Credits go to (in no particular order) Monolith, Acclaim Entertainment, 3DRealms, Ion Storm and Xatrix Entertainment for frames for initial sprites/muzzle flashes. Interplay (fallout) for weapon sounds, with some from 14 Degrees East (Fallout Tactics). Anything obviously used without alteration or credit is probably not staying (shell casings, wall puff for crowbar) - this is a weapon concept demonstration, not a final release. If however, you feel that something has been included that warrants credit, I will gladly add to the list - I think I've remembered everything.

Oh, special thanks to Captain J for shotgun hands.

What is included in this release:
- 6 weapons replacements, including combat shotgun replacing chainsaw. If you wish to use this PK3 with a DOOM2 wad, simply replace Chainsaw with SuperShotgun in decorate code.
- Ammo replacements. Cells have been unaltered, allowing use of plasma rifle/ bfg if you wish.

What is not included:
- Inventory replacements. Berzerk pack in particular is currently useless aside from health bonus, as I will be using this something later. (and no, it won't be a PCP "powerup").
- New graphics aside from weapons/ammo.
- Monster replacements. Weapons have been toned down to almost DooM equivalents, as Revolver insta-gibs vanilla Zombiemen, sergeants and Imps. Stats are for comparison only.

What is needed to do:
- Fire animation (smoke effects) for grenade launcher.
- Single shell and less-than-six reloads and ejects for revolver and sawed-off.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Not sure about revolver reload, in particular.

edit: Combat shotgun shares slot 6 with plasma rifle for now. It needs to be separate from Sawed-off variety. Why? That's a secret...
Oh, and credits for LucasArts, for 40mm grenade base and placeholder explosion.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Ok, the sprites are great, but the animations aren't. The sounds vary from good to bad, but it's the kind of bad that makes you laugh, not cringe. Also I would recommend recoil.(Even if it's just visual)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Yeah, on top of that some of the sounds are a bit buhhhhh
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Thanks for the feedback. Xenoxols has been helping me with smoothing out the animations - I'm used to Hexen and Vanilla DooM animating, so the advancements of modern times have somewhat passed me by I guess.

Working on a new idle frame for the crowbar, and new grenade launcher and revolver reloads - the new animations for the rifle and shotguns are looking much smoother.

I'll give word on the next update soon....

edit: I'll see if I can dig up some free sounds that are better as well...
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

can please alternate atack for m16 ? single shot mode ?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

wolf00 wrote:can please alternate atack for m16 ? single shot mode ?
I need the alternate attack for a weapon mod I'll be adding later. The problem is with single shot with this weapon is that it makes it more difficult to count rounds. I am not too sure if I want to add manual reloads, as reloading whenever (especially magazines) is very unrealistic without counting each individual magazine.
But what does everyone think? Should I switch to manual reloads? Or just add an ammo counter but keep automatic reloads?

For those wanting more control, I'll be adding a fully-automatic, heavy calibre weapon that does allow single shots. Not sure what though... maybe an M14....
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

A fire selector for the M16 would be useful if you ask me. If of course it would have increased accuracy in single shot mode.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I missed the pistol sprites :(

I was eager to see how they work...
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

jdredalert wrote:I missed the pistol sprites :(

I was eager to see how they work...
Haha don't worry the M1911 is coming back! I'm just improving it for the next release. The idle sprite is a bit pants, that's all.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”