(Most/Least) Favorite Doom (mod) weapon?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Big C

Re: (Most/Least) Favorite Doom (mod) weapon?

Post by Big C »

Hellser wrote:
Ichor wrote:Favorite weapon

<----
Uhm. Blank space? Most of us have the portraits / user info on the right. ---->
I think he was trying to have the arrow point at the jack-in-the-box he has for his avatar but it only showed up that way to him.
Vaecrius wrote: Least (mod): Perkristan's Smooth Weapons pistol. Because it's fucking everywhere and doesn't do anything to improve my experience, and with the "correcting" of the pistol hand is a kick-the-dog-while-raping-it level of minority erasure in a game already starring an able-bodied Anglo-American white male.

Um.

Beg pardon? I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. Unless this is about left-handed people? I always figured the main reason Perkistran---and so many other mods---changed the pistol's handing was just because it was an unexplained inconsistency with Doomguy holding the rest of his weapons right-handed.

Unless you were just joking and merely reacting strongly for humor's sake in which case ignore my confusion and carry on.

EDIT: On-topic from me:

Vanilla:
-Most: Berserk fists. RIP AND TEAR!
-Least: Super shotgun. I dislike the idea of a projectile weapon that has a short range. It's like melee except not melee.

Mods:
-Most: Minigun from Brutal Doom, with a tie between the SMG and the pump shotgun from Hideous Destructor in close second.
-Least: Melee fatalities from Brutal DooM. Largely a good way to get killed unless you just used them on the last enemy in the room.
Last edited by Big C on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Big C wrote: I think he was trying to have the arrow point at the jack-in-the-box he has for his avatar but it only showed up that way to him.
I figured that much out. Just giving him a heads up. :D
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Vaecrius wrote:and with the "correcting" of the pistol hand is a kick-the-dog-while-raping-it level of minority erasure in a game already starring an able-bodied Anglo-American white male.
>minority erasure
What.
>Anglo-American
Where the fuck did you even get that from?
>male
What if he isn't even a male? He could be a genderless android who happens to have a masculine/deep voice.

Ontopic:
Vanilla doom:
Most favourite: It's kinda difficult to choose my most favourite weapon... I think I'll go with the BFG or the SSG.
Least favourite: That shitty peashooter. Ugh.
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

best: middle finger hand from the old Zombiez.wad
worst: zblood dynamite.. dreadful
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Factually Best: EgoSmasher Shotgun
Factually Worst: EgoSmasher Shotgun's frame table
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Xaser's Bird is a hilarious example, but if it was strictly Hexen I'd have to say fighter's hammer. Okay it's actually tied between the axe and the hammer. Why does the fighter have to be such a badass?
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Hellser wrote:
Ichor wrote:Favorite weapon

<----
Uhm. Blank space? Most of us have the portraits / user info on the right. ---->
Oh yeah, heh. I was pointing to my avatar, which I have on the left. I'm so used to it being on the left on just about every forum I've been on.
chelonian

Post by chelonian »

Best

Vanilla: Super Shotgun, as it fits well with my rapid movement CQC-focused play style. I pretty much bring it to every occasion, as it's coverage can kill weaker foes even at range.

Trailblazer: Dual UZIS, WOOT WOOT! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.

Mutiny: The PDW was pretty cool.

Worst

Every Weapon in D:RE. That is all.
Athel

Post by Athel »

My personal favorite, in every single fps I've played so far, is the good ol' Shottygun. From Doom1-3 to Half-Life, it has never failed me.

Least favorite? BD's Minigun. Does the screen have to shake and move my view up? Constantly?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I liked how AvP's minigun did it. IF it kicked your view it would kick to the left or right hard when you turned it on. But it wouldn't ALWAYS kick so you couldn't just auto compensate for it. It was like a punishment for trying to chaingun snipe with it.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Most (vanilla) - Shotgun. Remains the best pump-action shotty in any game evar (sic).

Least (vanilla) - Tough one - I'd have to go with the general consensus and say the SSG. I only ever use it when it is absolutely necessary.

Most (mod) - The SPAZ-12 from Winter's Fury. Damn, that gun is satisfying to use!

Least (mod) - The regular Chaingun from Legacy Of Suffering. Once you get the L-Chaingun, it's just taking up space on the mousewheel.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I love Ghoul 3's bow for some reason... It's just, satisfying to use. :D
There's also the SSG because of my love for Double Barrel shotguns, plus the noise it makes.

BLAM CLICK CLOCK CLICK

Return to “Off-Topic”