[WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mav3rick

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn for GZDoom by Ozymandias81 v0.

Post by Mav3rick »

Ozymandias81 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Hey new project? lol hand will be very busy :P

Now about this new version of batman there are few things that maybe will be good to rework :D
Well since the batarang is a silent weapon, will be good take away the alert enemies from it when is used ;)
Getting some batman sound and replace all the doomguy sounds ;) we dont wanna to reveal his secret identity
Even new pick ups and power ups will be good too :)

All looking good and keep the good work :D
Always useful your observations, I'll see what I can do for purposes. Thankx and if you wanna be part of this project you're welcomed, like an artist or playtester. :rock:
Well you know im good on playtester field ;)

and nice update :) will get on it and see if there is more crazy stuff to do or re_do ;) after all is called REBORN :D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:PS: For titlepic/interpic/titlemusic/intermusic I'll see what to do, maybe I will add an external pk3 for them.
Good idea.

Concerning the bombs: My fault, I loaded the original DEH as well.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW, something concerning tiling
2015-01-31_124433.jpg
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:PS: For titlepic/interpic/titlemusic/intermusic I'll see what to do, maybe I will add an external pk3 for them.
Good idea.

Concerning the bombs: My fault, I loaded the original DEH as well.
I've spent for nothing one night to find what was the real problem... :cry:
BTW I'm happy to know that bombs glitch is FOREVER fixed now :-)

For Hi-Res pics, I know I must fix them preventing tilings, all will be 1024x768 format (my monitor is really crappy, it's not P&P and 1024x768 is its max res supported, while having a GPU that goes at 2048x1536 :-()
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Finally I've split the pk3 in two files: the main "Reborn" file + a file where all hi-res graphics & new songs are packed: so it's up to you to choose to use them or not. Also, with release v0.3, I've included burning sprites from Blood, where for now works only with BatmanFlamer & FlameMen projectiles (yeah, no smokebombs effects).
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:I am genuinely interested in seeing how this develops.
Thankx, I'll hope that next week I PM some updates to you concerning BDPatches... otherwise, you can try to extract them directly from Reborn, if you wish.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Thankx, I'll hope that next week I PM some updates to you concerning BDPatches... otherwise, you can try to extract them directly from Reborn, if you wish.
We shall see. It seems to me that you want Reborn to add some new substance, and that's fine. But I feel like, if I'm maintaining the "standard" Batman Doom patch (building upon Evil Space Tomato's work), I should keep things a bit more... traditional, you know? Avoid major gameplay/atmosphere changes. I even made the majority of EST's "Plus" improvements optional via menu toggles, so players can pick and choose. After all, if I were to include all of your changes/updates from Reborn, that would make the standard patch redundant, right?

I will consider borrowing your GLDEFS, however, once you consider them all finished. That can always be turned off if players don't like it.

Oh, and likewise, you are free to borrow back from anything I've done. I fixed up a few errors in EST's work here and there. It's all there to see, if you're interested.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

You can do everything you want with BD patches. I think it's really ok if you want to make patches more faithfully to orginal BD, that was Evil Space Tomato aim and, as you can see, mine is slightly different. In the future, then, will be TOTALLY different... :-)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Something I've noticed but didn't test yet - maybe you could:
- Does the burning death only work for standard enemies and not the bosses? (if yes then good!)
- Does the burning death also take into account that some lesser enemies loose keys when dying? (this is important, it might break compatibility)
- No idea if I forgot to post it BUT the translation of the hud weapons is by far too dark, it only looks like a black silhouette now. These need to be brighter.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ed the Bat wrote:We shall see. It seems to me that you want Reborn to add some new substance, and that's fine. But I feel like, if I'm maintaining the "standard" Batman Doom patch (building upon Evil Space Tomato's work), I should keep things a bit more... traditional, you know? Avoid major gameplay/atmosphere changes. I even made the majority of EST's "Plus" improvements optional via menu toggles, so players can pick and choose. After all, if I were to include all of your changes/updates from Reborn, that would make the standard patch redundant, right?
Very good suggestions here!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Something I've noticed but didn't test yet - maybe you could:
- Does the burning death only work for standard enemies and not the bosses? (if yes then good!)
- Does the burning death also take into account that some lesser enemies loose keys when dying? (this is important, it might break compatibility)
- No idea if I forgot to post it BUT the translation of the hud weapons is by far too dark, it only looks like a black silhouette now. These need to be brighter.
Burning deaths are almost done (using scaled parent actors, sprites remain the same), fixed terroristkey actor for compatibility with imminent v04. After all, I will surely adjust hud weapons, they looks very darken and I think it's best to modify them manually (or replacing them completely with something new, but must be coherent with player sprites).
Thankx for your really useful suggestions, I hope this TC will be done very fast because I need to take back work for GORE.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Hey new project? lol hand will be very busy :P

Now about this new version of batman there are few things that maybe will be good to rework :D
Well since the batarang is a silent weapon, will be good take away the alert enemies from it when is used ;)
Getting some batman sound and replace all the doomguy sounds ;) we dont wanna to reveal his secret identity
Even new pick ups and power ups will be good too :)

All looking good and keep the good work :D
Always useful your observations, I'll see what I can do for purposes. Thankx and if you wanna be part of this project you're welcomed, like an artist or playtester. :rock:
Well you know im good on playtester field ;)

and nice update :) will get on it and see if there is more crazy stuff to do or re_do ;) after all is called REBORN :D
While playtesting BDR I've encountered 1 glitch that has broken compatibility: I've removed +NOALERT completely to all weapons because many maps uses old vanilla alert monsters when in certain sectors... BTW I continue to enjoy your precious suggestions and maybe, when all maps will be modified, I'll rethink to how to manage better these inheritances inside them. Fixed on imminent v04.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Version 0.4 released, it has plenty 'o fixes for first 3 maps and actors + new BatmanBerserk powerup in order to remove berserk glitches (original berserk raises "Fist" actor, while BDR has "BatmanFist": so this was the only problem)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Fixed colors of the black batman weapons. It's possible that you have to fix the offsets of the sprites again, but that shouldn't be too hard for you :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546 ... weapos.zip
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WOW, how did you do it? Many thanx for having faith in this mini-project, now I must fix offsets and replace old ones! BTW, are them all PNG paletted or truecolor?

PS: I think you forgot to leave cyan/blue colors for Tazer lightnings, but there is no problem to fix them with GIMP et similae

PPS: All sprites added to release 0.4, many thankx anymore to Tormentor667!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”