Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Vegeta(dw)

Re: Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Sorry for asking this, where can I download the latest version? Checked the first post but the link isn't there.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

Eriance wrote:I was planning to stretch EP1 out, but no time right now. I'll leave that for the future, or someone else to do. I'm just going to focus all my attention on completing the hell-tech demon sprites, and the old Episode 2 and make another release.
i wouldn't mind seeing a "rejected" release of (what was previously) the first episode in its most recent state but you gotta do what you gotta do
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Episode 1 was cool, however I thought this wad truly became something epic and unique when you got to episode 2. I look forward to episode 3 and I absolutely love you're helltech weapon arsenal.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Anyone wanna make a patch so the weapons hit where the crosshair is? The too low thing grinds my gears.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

That's as simple as adjusting the player's attackzoffset property to line up with the viewheight.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Already done. Just not released yet. No time to work on DE right now. Got too many real-life things that needs taken care of.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

@Ed
Thanks for the details. Good to know.

@Eriance
I'll be sure to sacrifice a soul or two to give your days an extra hour. Mwehehehehe...
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

After much thought, I think I should make the announcement before I second-think this anymore than I already have. I've decided to abandon Demon Eclipse in totality. It's not a decision I came to easily, as I've invested over 7 years (albeit on-and-off work) into this project. But given the state of progress (or lack thereof) for the project recently, I think it would be better to just leave it for others to finish, or as an set of resources for others to use for their own mods. Real-life has caught up, and I really don't have the spare time to work on this, my art, and my education anymore.

That said, the current incomplete version of the mod will be uploaded to the front page. All the resources I have finished are in there. However, I will upload the sprite sheets later today when I compile all of them. Despite my decision to abandon the project, I will try to finish the last 3-5 monster sprite sheets that I've already begun; namely the Draugr (hell revenant), the Hellduke (hell cyberdemon), Director (hell Mastermind), and if time allows, the Archon of Hell and Senintel.

I've been modding doom since I was 12 years old. It has been certainly a great learning experience for me. However, after 17 years, I'm rather burned out and I think now would be a good time to move on and concentrate on real-life issues that I have to deal with. I thank the Zdoom community for your constant support and feedback that helped me immensely to advance to where I am now; it might not be something I could of accomplished without the constant encouragement that I've from you guys. Thank you all, it's been fun and an honor. :)
Last edited by Amuscaria on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
agaures

Re: Demon Eclipse - Dropped.

Post by agaures »

Now people can use your awesome sprites in their mods-oh wait.....

Joke aside. Really sad it has come to this. :(
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

agaures wrote:Really sad it has come to this. :(
seconded
Last edited by raymoohawk on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Too bad, but I suppose it was inevitable.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the current incomplete version of the mod will be uploaded to the wrong page".
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Well its not like anybody is gonna lose anything in this, in fact whatever that has been done has been helping the community all this time so I'm not that sad, tough I still wanted to play the renewed maps :)
IMX

Post by IMX »

Eriance wrote:After much thought, I think I should make the announcement before I second-think this anymore than I already have. I've decided to abandon Demon Eclipse in totality. It's not a decision I came to easily, as I've invested over 7 years (albeit on-and-off work) into this project. But given the state of progress (or lack thereof) for the project recently, I think it would be better to just leave it for others to finish, or as an set of resources for others to use for their own mods. Real-life has caught up, and I really don't have the spare time to work on this, my art, and my education anymore.

That said, the current incomplete version of the mod will be uploaded to the wrong page. All the resources I have finished are in there. However, I will upload the sprite sheets later today when I compile all of them. Despite my decision to abandon the project, I will try to finish the last 3-5 monster sprite sheets that I've already begun; namely the Draugr (hell revenant), the Hellduke (hell cyberdemon), Director (hell Mastermind), and if time allows, the Archon of Hell and Senintel.

I've been modding doom since I was 12 years old. It has been certainly a great learning experience for me. However, after 17 years, I'm rather burned out and I think now would be a good time to move on and concentrate on real-life issues that I have to deal with. I thank the Zdoom community for your constant support and feedback that helped me immensely to advance to where I am now; it might not be something I could of accomplished without the constant encouragement that I've from you guys. Thank you all, it's been fun and an honor. :)

Really, really sad to hear about this. You've been the inspiration of many (me included) and you're leaving a big mark not only in every one of us but in the community in general. The honor is completely ours.

I honestly wish you all the best in your future, you have all of our support. Thank you.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Eriance wrote:After much thought, I think I should make the announcement before I second-think this anymore than I already have. I've decided to abandon Demon Eclipse in totality. It's not a decision I came to easily, as I've invested over 7 years (albeit on-and-off work) into this project. But given the state of progress (or lack thereof) for the project recently, I think it would be better to just leave it for others to finish, or as an set of resources for others to use for their own mods. Real-life has caught up, and I really don't have the spare time to work on this, my art, and my education anymore.

That said, the current incomplete version of the mod will be uploaded to the wrong page. All the resources I have finished are in there. However, I will upload the sprite sheets later today when I compile all of them. Despite my decision to abandon the project, I will try to finish the last 3-5 monster sprite sheets that I've already begun; namely the Draugr (hell revenant), the Hellduke (hell cyberdemon), Director (hell Mastermind), and if time allows, the Archon of Hell and Senintel.

Real-life is always something that we can't dodge, unlike imp or baron balls. I've used so many of your resources for my project Gore that you will never be forgotten on the world of Doom. I'm a 33 years old man and I know what do you mean, I hope you will always use a BFG9000 for beating life issues. Good luck and stay tuned, we will see in the future... maybe.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”