[Realm667 Contest] Doomjá-vu - Poll expanded to 15th of May

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
scalliano

Re: [Realm667 Contest] Doomjá-vu - It's never the same!

Post by scalliano »

Count me in. Struggling with ToPII at the moment, maybe something fresh will boost my creativity. I hope.
UltimateLorenzo

Post by UltimateLorenzo »

I'm in.

Some questions:

“You may cut about 30% of the provided layout of necessary”: how is this evaluated? Number of sectors deleted on total number of sectors? Number of lines deleted?

"You may add additional rooms/space to your map's layout": can I divide the existing sectors into new sectors?

Can I change the proportions of the map? For example making everything 2 times bigger?

Lorenzo
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

UltimateLorenzo wrote:“You may cut about 30% of the provided layout of necessary”: how is this evaluated? Number of sectors deleted on total number of sectors? Number of lines deleted?
t's an estimated amount, the best way would be to make sure to not cut anything :)
"You may add additional rooms/space to your map's layout": can I divide the existing sectors into new sectors?
Yes
Can I change the proportions of the map? For example making everything 2 times bigger?
Yes
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

sign me up.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

the fact that theres prizes are cool, but at times it feels like some sorta attractor to get people to make somethin that'd have your name under it

its a cool thing, but i get a weird vibe from this :/
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

chronoteeth wrote:the fact that theres prizes are cool, but at times it feels like some sorta attractor to get people to make somethin that'd have your name under it
It's not a Tormentor667 project but a Realm667 contest where other members of the staff are involved like BlueShadow, NeuralStunner, Dreadopp and Gez. :) But anyway, it's up to you, the prizes are definitely there to get more attraction but it's a community contest anyway that keeps the activity alive :)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I'm putting some ACS stuff into my map, is that okay?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Sure, that's totally fine
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

My map is turning out to be a very liberal interpretation of the base map. Hopefully it isn't so far off as to break the rules though.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

can I use a custom weapon, the rifle from my mod Doom:the tei teng incident
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

I now deeply regret basing my map on the UAC Ultra texture set. Reappropriating the textures that overwrite the stock ones is proving a pain in the arse. :bang:

Still, at least I've learned how TEXTURES and PNAMES work, already almost two projects deep ...
Diabolic Lord

Post by Diabolic Lord »

Well, at the end, i decided me for use the "Classic Doom Format", also, using just the original textures from Doom 2. Just using this things, it's great for me. :D

Features:
Nothing new, only the sky texture. ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

demo_the_man wrote:can I use a custom weapon, the rifle from my mod Doom:the tei teng incident
Yes, that's allowed :)
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Oh my, I wish I had the time to participate this contest, but with GORE and BATMAN DOOM GZDoom patches I don't have then.
BTW I've just took a look to the basewad, seems to be not really easy... I also like prizes, and there is time until 31 of March :-)

PS: I know that this could be not properly right to write here, but I've just downloaded HPAck GitHub .zip and seems to be amazing... ah, thanks anymore for your suggestions for BD GZDoom patch, this has fast more my works (there could be more surprises then...)
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

I'll go ahead and join. The prizes seem cool, and even if there weren't prizes I got an awesome idea for a map anyways.

Return to “Levels”