HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and more)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and more)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there doomguys! 8-)

Here I present you what is for now the successor of my previous HUD-working, known as HXRTC HUD. In fact, this is an almost complete rework of the first release of HXRTC HUD 1.0, based at the same time on my (now abandoned) BTSX HUD 2.x custom version. The main difference is that now I've updated it in many ways and made it fully compatible with classic Doom, what means that will allow you to enjoy a new and more fresh experience through your doomish adventures!

This HUD requires one of the most recent releases of GZDoom, ZDoom or Zandronum 3.0 alpha release for working correctly. Also remember that you must set in Display Options a screensize of 11 and turn off the alternative HUD. If you find the size of the HUD is too small, please open (G)ZDoom/Zandronum console and input the following command:

Code: Select all

HUD_SCALE 1
Alternatively, you can turn on the Stretch Fullscreen HUD option in (G)ZDoom/Zandronum HUD options.

15 JUN 2016 UPDATE:
New v7.0 release of the HUD available from now, with a renewed graphic style and some improvements respect from previous versions!

SCREENSHOTS FOR v7.0:

CLASSIC DOOM:

SMOOTH DOOM:

BRUTAL DOOM v20b:

PROJECT BRUTALITY v2.03a:

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

HXRTC HUD 7.0 FOR CLASSIC DOOM & SMOOTH DOOM (MIRROR)

HXRTC HUD 7.0 FOR BRUTAL DOOM v20b (MIRROR)

HXRTC HUD 7.0 FOR PROJECT BRUTALITY v2.03a (MIRROR)

Special thanks to Cotton Disciple for his invaluable collaboration and help in porting the HXRTC HUD to Project Brutality addon! Without him, this HUD version would not have become reality... :wink:

EXTRA LINKS:

HXRTC HUD 7.0 FOR FASPONS (BY TEKISH) (MIRROR)

HXRTC HUD 7.0 FOR WEAPONS OF SATURN (BY TEKISH) (MIRROR)

HXRTC HUD 7.1 FOR PROJECT BRUTALITY (UPDATED BY COTTON DISCIPLE) <<<<< NEW!!!

SCREENSHOTS (OLDER RELEASES):
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINKS (OLDER RELEASES):
Spoiler:

That's almost all for now guys... Please enjoy it and have fun! :plasma: :rocket:
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Naitguolf

Re: HXRTC HUD 1.2 (for Vanilla Doom and more)

Post by Naitguolf »

Looks nice. But... why to draw a medkit and armor sprite? Maybe here you can put the time.
SuperSomariDX

Post by SuperSomariDX »

*sniffle* It's beautiful....!
FreddBoy
Location: Wales. You know, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Post by FreddBoy »

Naitguolf wrote:Looks nice. But... why to draw a medkit and armor sprite? Maybe here you can put the time.
It's to show non beserk and berserk states (white/black med kits) and what type of armour is being worn.
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Post by FANADICALCOWHEAD »

For the time being, the versions for now available of the HUD are for Vanilla Doom and for Weapons Of Saturn mod. Also I'm working actively for a Smooth Doom version, and during the next days, when it's officially released, there will be a dedicated version for Brutal Doom v20!
That's definitely not vanilla doom, and fyi Pk3 extensions (or compressed folders for that matter) don't work in vanilla either.
mallo

Post by mallo »

What's the map on the first screenie?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

FANADICALCOWHEAD wrote:That's definitely not vanilla doom, and fyi Pk3 extensions (or compressed folders for that matter) don't work in vanilla either.
It's supposed that in this case, the concept 'Vanilla Doom' refers to the Doom game itself, the classic, the original and unchanged one, without any mods or addons that can vary its in-game elements or behaviour. Sorry if you thought in another different thing.
mallo wrote:What's the map on the first screenie?
Both screenshots are maps from Community Chest 1 megawad.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

It can refer to the original DOS EXE or a source port without any PWADS. Thus saying it is compatible with vanilla doom is wrong because you are adding a PWAD to zdoom.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC HUD 1.2 (for classic Doom and more)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hmph... Well, changed then. Hope it is OK this way.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

glad to see you back to work on huds! I was pretty sad that you couldn't do BTSX HUD anymore, but I understand why. While I wasnt much of a fan of this hud, I DO love the new additions and use it just for that.

Hoping to see Smooth Doom released soon :D and might want to point out you're using your version of Weapons of Saturn since that gun in the screenshot isn't from the base mod. Though it seems base WOS works fine.
doomjoshuaboy
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by doomjoshuaboy »

love this hud and I like the numbers and is that the powerup timer on the top right corner? that is really cool.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Looks very cool, I might try this out! If I may make some suggestions to you based on the screenshots:

- All the keys belong together, I feel.
- Time should probably go up with the level stats, since they're the same thing.
- Really nitpicky, probably, but maybe swap invuln and blur sphere? Would order the items in terms of duration, since invuln lasts 30, then blur and radsuit last 60, then visor lasts 120.
DominicWhite

Post by DominicWhite »

Really like the look of this, although personally I'd make it just a *tiny* bit more transparent. The background could be another 10-15% lighter, but also the HUD text/sprites itself would probably work nicely at 90% transparency.

Otherwise, really looking forward to this, especially once the smoothdoom version rolls out.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello again dudes!

I bring you some good news: the Smooth Doom version of the HUD is now available and ready for download. :wink:

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback, I'm also taking into account your suggestions for future releases of the HUD.

Doombye for now and keep having fun! 8-)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”