[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Crudux Cruo

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So, after actually sitting down and playing, cheats dont give you dual wield options, so i had to pick em up (you can also use give all command) and once again i really like this, but think it needs some balancing and tweaking. cigarrete butts spawn, as i noticed. other than that this seems pretty good.

EDIT:

+NOEXTREMEDEATH is your friend! you never put this in to any weapon it seems, so you can gib people with the starter pistol :/
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Getting the dualies through cheats could be made possible if the tokens that track them were changed from Inventory to Ammo, since the all-weapons cheat fills all ammo types as well.

As an aside, I notice that nothing replaces the Frost Shards weapon when playing in Hexen.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Ed the Bat wrote:Hitscans in ZDoom with multiple pellets will retain their vertical spread even in autoaim. I'm not well-versed in the internals of vanilla Doom, but I do know the SSG had vertical spread and that autoaim could not be turned off (necessary with no vertical freelook).
Vertical only? If so then I think we're both remembering correctly more or less, given the shotgun has no vertical spread ever.

That thread with the sub-projectiles problem is over 2 years old and the only solutions I can think of, appropriately, involve pretty recent features. I'll necrobump it anyway.
EDIT: since new page: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33288
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I know the shotgun has no vertical spread. That's why I explicitly did not use it as my example. But anyhow. If you have a working example that can solve this aging problem, I know that I personally will be quite thrilled.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Whoops, the FMG is supposed to replace the Frost Shards. Pillow alerted.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Both Dragon Bracelet and Frost Shards have no replacements. (Aand if i reckon correctly, the gauntlets too)

Also, nice mod, i think it fits the Hexen universe more than the Doom one.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Matsilagi wrote:(Aand if i reckon correctly, the gauntlets too)
The gauntlets are from Heretic, and they are replaced with the Cradle & Grave.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

So it turns out that the Pistol isn't properly bound to the Magic ammo in Hexen. It shows itself aligned to one of the two types, but it's actually running off its original ammo type in the background since the hud doesn't show the type, and thus once you run out it's out for good. Every other gun runs off their magic type(s) properly. Then again the Pistol isn't that great against most of the Hexen enemies to begin with.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

When I throw machete in air, i heard like a bullet fall down. I looked at ground and saw a shell. Fired shell...
Is this a bug? Or something like that:
Spoiler:
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I think this would be better with cheesy one-liners.(Toggleable of course) Also Chrome Justice should have WRF_NOBOB in it's punch refire state. Otherwise it looks stupid.(And not the kind of stupid this mod is going for.)
Cardboard Marty

Post by Cardboard Marty »

xenoxols wrote:I think this would be better with cheesy one-liners.
I actually recorded them forever ago! I'm gonna hopefully re-record them here in a bit, along with all my other lines. Woo!
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Planning on adding these?
Attachments
nra6.png
y510.png
y510.png (19.23 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

I just found a bug, the dual SMGs and Revolvers light up the level but do not return the original lightning back, until you fire with a different weapon(s).
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Those are nice looking weapons, I hope they get added in. Those and the weapons in Trailblazer have a very satisfying chunky feel to them, that, combined with the sounds and effects make for some good gunplay.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Maybe the beefy double barrel can replace the shotgun, but the shotgun guys can drop the sawed offs.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”