[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I've playtested it in normal play through the current demo of Ultimate Doom 2 - firstly, the Cradle & Grave make the Sidekick almost obsolete, as they have no ammo cost, only deal one less point of damage, and have equal ammo capacity. Secondly, perhaps you should switch Chrome Justice's altfire and normal fire? It seems so natural the other way around...

Like Yholl said, is the reload cost intentional? 3 shells seems pretty extreme, Striker notwithstanding.

I haven't picked up any of the weapons ahead of these, so I'll be back when I have; I don't want to spoil the magic by simply cheating in all of the weapons for testing.

Also, I'm totally using that Sidekick ADS, albeit modified...if that's alright with you and DoomNukem, of course.

EDIT: Just picked up the Uzi and FMG - the latter sounds, well, familiar. Still, the Uzi sort of becomes useless after getting the FMG, unless painlocking is more desirable (given the FMG's already high ROF and superior damage, most enemies are dead before you really NEED to painlock anything). The FMG's ADS could stand to be less erratic during firing, and the opposite is true of the hip-firing animation. Chrome Justice's pump animation could be spruced up using frames from Accessories to Murder's shotgun (the normal shotgun pump animation from KFInDoom would look good here...?).
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breezeep

Post by Breezeep »

Mav3rick wrote:Image

Secconed that!

EXPLOSIONS!!!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Somagu wrote:They're a Seriously badass pair of revolvers. There is no ammo pool. (infinite ammo)
Correct!
RastaManGames wrote:Dear PillowBlaster, can you make, pleeease compatibility patch for Brutal Doom V.19?
I hope you can. :3
I do hope you're joking indeed.
Yholl wrote:Ah, this is glorious, I'm loving it so far, especially the Uzis, dat firing sound. All the weapons feel and sound great.
I have noticed though, that loading shells into the Chrome Justice shotgun takes 3 shells to add one shot to it. Not sure if it's secretly a triple shot death shotgun or a bug.
TheRailgunner wrote:So, I've playtested it in normal play through the current demo of Ultimate Doom 2 - firstly, the Cradle & Grave make the Sidekick almost obsolete, as they have no ammo cost, only deal one less point of damage, and have equal ammo capacity. Secondly, perhaps you should switch Chrome Justice's altfire and normal fire? It seems so natural the other way around...

Like Yholl said, is the reload cost intentional? 3 shells seems pretty extreme, Striker notwithstanding.

I haven't picked up any of the weapons ahead of these, so I'll be back when I have; I don't want to spoil the magic by simply cheating in all of the weapons for testing.

Also, I'm totally using that Sidekick ADS, albeit modified...if that's alright with you and DoomNukem, of course.

EDIT: Just picked up the Uzi and FMG - the latter sounds, well, familiar. Still, the Uzi sort of becomes useless after getting the FMG, unless painlocking is more desirable (given the FMG's already high ROF and superior damage, most enemies are dead before you really NEED to painlock anything). The FMG's ADS could stand to be less erratic during firing, and the opposite is true of the hip-firing animation. Chrome Justice's pump animation could be spruced up using frames from Accessories to Murder's shotgun (the normal shotgun pump animation from KFInDoom would look good here...?).
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down! I only released that thing, and I'm tired as hell. I have had spent entirety of my spare time on it, and now I should really get on with the school work now, heh. :P

-The sidekick serves you for quite longer in maps without chainsaws. And it supposed to have some extra function, but I didn't get round to add it (the suppresor, to be exact, so you could just snipe monsters without alerting everything around... that isn't too close, that is.). Yeah, you can use it, just credit Doom, heh.-
- The shotgun is loading only one shells graphically, as loading three shells per shot proved to be far too long. And it loads three shells, because it punches quite a punch per shot, and I didn't want to add separate ammo type for it. Hence why it breaks the bounds of logic and uses three shells per shot, thus 24 shells per clip for the sake of gameplay. It's a supershotgun replacement, much in manner of AtM's shotgun!
- I reused those sounds, as I thought they were pretty cool. If you don't want them used here, I'll switch to old ones. The FMG had only one point of extra damage just added, because it felt useless compared to uzis. While innacurate, they are way more murderous, due to fire rate and reload times, trust me. And I'll decrease the jerking on sights a bit indeed. I didn't touch them since applying them, whoops.
- For any eventual antialiasing fixes or sprucing up, I'm afraid no can do, as if Dooms will even think about trying to redo any weapon in TB now, I think I'd repeatedly shovel his face. I can't tell the reason I know it's only an edit suggestion, but I don't trust him or myself in that regard now.

And thanks for the warm receivement everyone, it means a real lot to us!
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I don't mind at all regarding the FMG (half of the sounds come from Guncaster anyway); honestly I'm convinced that that combination of sounds is bloody perfect.

Now that I've gotten my hands on it...the Minigun is godly. Even the projectiles it fires are gorgeous as all hell. Rocket jumping with the black-powder rifle is fun too. :D

Regarding Chrome Justice...could a triple-barrel arrangement be put together? With some sort of triple-tube magazine...thing...?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

im surprised none of the sounds i made for the earlier version of the mod made it in

doomnukem really liked them too ):
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

RastaManGames wrote:Dear PillowBlaster, can you make, pleeease compatibility patch for Brutal Doom V.19?
I hope you can. :3
It really is not very hard to make one youself. I made one and a patch that adds police brutality enemies. For separate use obviously.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

The best compatible mod for this is X Weapon's enemies in my opinion. It kind of balances this mod out a little, considering that X Weapon's enemies are really hard to kill without dying yourself. BTSX seems to match this mod's style too.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

This is one hell of a great way to start the new year. 10/10
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Whoop! Good to see this one getting a release! It's a great. :D

Only complaint is that the HUD only replaces the fullscreen HUD, not the status bar -- for the latter, you get a blank screen, which is unfortunate for folks that use the bar by default. Even though it's annoyingly redundant code, I'd suggest copypasta-ing the HUD over the status bar as well so you get a HUD regardless of setting. Other than that, I've gotta say the new graphics n' little touches really make it shine. Ultra-super-kudos! :D
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Well there goes plans for anything productive this year. :P

But to be serious, god damn Pillowblaster, ya magnificent bastard, this is all sorts of awesome. As far as nitpicks go: The font for the Hud can be hard to read at times (mostly in the ammo counter(s)), and not having your reserve ammo (on weapons that are mag-based, that is) next to the number of rounds in the current mag is a bit annoying, but other than that it seems pretty solid of a release.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Welp that does it, I'll never make anything as cool as speed-boosted dual sawn-offs, might as well give up.

No really I have no words as to how hilariously stress relieving it is.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Love that T.rex rifle and all the smoke effects.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I don't have too much to say here. It's like being a caring stepfather who also creepily ogles his stepson in the most awkward private displays and then details his viewing experience to the real father as if what he's doing is not actually creepy. It's a process. Also I should hope this is pretty solid since it's only been like A WHOLE GODDAMN YEAR (the status bar is pretty relatively recent though.)
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

That machete is a thing of beauty. I also love the Shofield revolvers and their infinite ammo goodness.

There's a lot to love here.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”