New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Laggy

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Laggy »

I'm Laggy. I'm registered in other places as "Laggy Blazko" but I noticed there's already a "Blazko" in this forum so I'll use "Laggy".
I'm not an interesting person. But I sprite stuff sometimes.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Laggy wrote:I'm Laggy. I'm registered in other places as "Laggy Blazko" but I noticed there's already a "Blazko" in this forum so I'll use "Laggy".
Is that a can of Popeye spinach? That's a neat animation, really shareware-esque.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Welcome for you guys, Laggy, Devianteist and Mazmon. It's allways good seen new faces around.

I'm jdredalert and i've been here for a while. I lurked these boards since 2011, learned to code in a basic level alone and only then a registered in 2013, but started posting this year. I'm a ZDoom gun coder, a wildweasel fan (his weapons and tutorias were my initial inspiration and learning grounds) and i'm almost always involved in projects involving 80's movies monssters like Terminator, Aliens and Predators (but those aren't the only themes i like or would like to work). I'm always around the board, so if any of you need some tips while coding weapons or monsters, just tell me.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I do have a few questions about monster code, but this is the new member forum, so I think it wouldn't be appropriate to ask here. Where should I ask you?
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Laggy wrote:I'm Laggy. I'm registered in other places as "Laggy Blazko" but I noticed there's already a "Blazko" in this forum so I'll use "Laggy".
Very happy to see a member who's got something to show their worth (unlike me). I really love that can.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

mazmon wrote:I do have a few questions about monster code, but this is the new member forum, so I think it wouldn't be appropriate to ask here. Where should I ask you?

Feel free to P.M. :)
FujiwaraNoMokou

Post by FujiwaraNoMokou »

Ahh yes, hello. I go by many names at many other places, most commonly "DustedEnderman". I don't care what you call me, though. Most people in the Doom community would know me as the creator of Touhou Doom, which is a single-player mod focusing on recreating the Touhou universe known as Gensokyo into Doom, along with many of the landmarks and characters. I might eventually post something about the project in these forums, but I prefer to keep it somewhat secret for now. This is a big community compared to the other places I commonly lurk on :P.

I take pride in DECORATE and slight sprite/palette edits. Mapping isn't my absolute strongest point, but I have made some decent gems that I think are quite interesting. I also can't sprite worth crap, so don't ask me for anything like that. I will only do palette swaps.

If you have questions about any of my projects that I have done in the past or the ones I am working on now, shoot me a nice little P.M.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

FujiwaraNoMokou wrote:Most people in the Doom community would know me as the creator of Touhou Doom
Is that the one that has the Detective Gumshoe HUD face, or was that a different one?
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

weasel, you're thinking of TheCraftyTitan's HackDoom.
FujiwaraNoMokou

Post by FujiwaraNoMokou »

wildweasel wrote:
FujiwaraNoMokou wrote:Most people in the Doom community would know me as the creator of Touhou Doom
Is that the one that has the Detective Gumshoe HUD face, or was that a different one?
Nope, and that one didn't even have many Touhou-related things in there, just those lost-soul yukkuris and the final boss being Yukari. Besides, I don't even know how DEHACKED works.

My version has been heavily inspired by a different person who made some boss-battles of the characters, giving them actual attacks that replicate the actual Touhou series of games. My project is only known by Touhou fans at the moment, but I might (keyword: might) post some info about it on these forums. You know, community feedback and what-not.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ah, fair enough, then. Still, though, welcome to the forum, and hopefully we'll be of some help to you.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hello. I am working on a TC which I will be posting in the Projects forum. My skills include playing my creations (haha), but occasionally can be persuaded to work on sprite work, mapping and coding (I'm on my own at the moment, so have to multi-task).
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Vostyok wrote:Hello. I am working on a TC which I will be posting in the Projects forum. My skills include playing my creations (haha), but occasionally can be persuaded to work on sprite work, mapping and coding (I'm on my own at the moment, so have to multi-task).
Take your time, and if you have any questions - come to the IRC or post in the editing subforum for help. Usually, there's someone there that'll be glad to help! (Note: Most of us are busy, and it can take a day or two for a reply to be given to you on the forums)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Thank you. Will do.
Lancer1408

Post by Lancer1408 »

Ohai.
I'm Lancer1408, but you can just call me Max.
I have some experience on mapping, as well coding.
I hope we can get along, have fun and work (lol) together.

Return to “Off-Topic”