New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Devianteist

New Member Introductions

Post by Devianteist »

Hello ZDoom community!

This topic aims to give new members a place to introduce themselves and, through this, be introduced to various aspects of the community they will enjoy. To make this as easy as possible, it would be ideal if the new members simply post about how they were introduced to DOOM/ZDoom and a little about themselves.

I encourage senior members to check out this topic as well, so that they can be introduced to new members, as well as point them in the proper directions to various other threads they may be interested in.

As advice to all new members, I suggest you take a stop at the Official ZDoom Community Rules page to get acquainted with the rules (bookmark it too, for future reference).

Due to various incidents that have arisen in the past, a new rules page, Regarding Brutal DOOM, was added, and I encourage new members familiar with BD to look at this page so as to avoid unnecessary conflict over a trivial thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I, myself, was a new member when I made this thread, and my introduction is below in Spoiler tags, if you would like to know more about me.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Devianteist on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chopkinsca

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by chopkinsca »

Hello, I'm new here! I like this place, it's nice :)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

You're a bloody liar too, chopkinsca :P

8-)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You know what? This is a good idea. I'm going to sticky this for the benefit of any other new users.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

wildweasel wrote:You know what? This is a good idea. I'm going to sticky this for the benefit of any other new users.
Thank you WildWeasel! I'm glad a moderator approves of this!
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

New... Members? What are these new forum members of which you speak?
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Apothem wrote:New... Members? What are these new forum members of which you speak?
Sarcasm aside (I think), this thread was created for recently joining/brand new to the forum that need a place to make their first post and introduce themselves. The secondary goal of the thread is to direct said new members to things that reflect their interests, if they so divulge.

There have been several new members that have joined since I created this thread, but it seems they have missed it. All is well, though, as they seem well enough off. Most of them.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Greetings, I'm Mazmon, also known as Queen Monster. I joined this forum to be a little more involved in the Doom-modding community. I don't produce much stuff at this time, due to the fact that I normally don't have any incentive to make anything, but hopefully as my skills increase I'll feel like making more stuff.
Some of my main goals in Doom modding are: making badass female characters who look awesome and womanly rather than frail and slutty, making WADs which are inventive and/or a little weird, creating new enemies and weapons, and also just trying to stay positive :D
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

mazmon wrote:Some of my main goals in Doom modding are: making badass female characters who look awesome and womanly rather than frail and slutty, making WADs which are inventive and/or a little weird, creating new enemies and weapons, and also just trying to stay positive :D
I see you joined in August, but better late than never!

I'm glad to see someone who has their priorities straight. I'm also curious to see what you'll cook up in terms of female characters, seeing your Hulkmania sprites over in the Spriting Carnival. :D
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I'd better let you know those were sprite edits, I didn't do that much to the originals. I'm just covering myself in case I produce something and have everyone say "hey, why isn't this as good as your other ones?"
I made the account a while ago, but I kinda forgot about it ._.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

At least they look good. :P And yeah, I did that with another website. Can't remember which one though, so...
Phantom Allies

Post by Phantom Allies »

Well, despite being here for awhile, I don't believe I ever introduced myself. I literally popped out of nowhere and I'm just..well here.

Anywho, the name's Phantom Allies. I've been around for some odd months and have slowly gotten my feet wet. Although in reality, I'm familiar all too much with Brutal Doom and that mod helped me got back into the whole gory, violent FPS gaming scene that seemed to fade due to me playing a lot of military shooters among other games, and not a lot of ludicrous gore and Gibbing was involved in those games (Basically, none at all). I believe I came across this website about last year, but never made an account until this year and jumped into the fray to see what I was capable of. However, when I first jumped in to this site, I was extremely skeptical of what was going on with some mods here, taking into account how people acted around SgtMarkIV and what not. Although as I was more aware of what was going on with him, and his history (Real Gore, the Halloween Release, etc.), it made more sense.

Then there's Russian Overkill, the second mod I played. That mod was just too explosive, and that's what I wanted. I enjoyed the fancy particles, powerups and overall Ruski insanity that was produced in that mod as well.

Anywho, I do browse the Project Forums frequently, but I wonder where the Tutorials and what not are located, so that way I can figure out how a lot of the modding works with doom. One day at time, heh heh.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Phantom Allies wrote:Well, despite being here for awhile, I don't believe I ever introduced myself. I literally popped out of nowhere and I'm just..well here.

Anywho, the name's Phantom Allies. I've been around for some odd months and have slowly gotten my feet wet. Although in reality, I'm familiar all too much with Brutal Doom and that mod helped me got back into the whole gory, violent FPS gaming scene that seemed to fade due to me playing a lot of military shooters among other games, and not a lot of ludicrous gore and Gibbing was involved in those games (Basically, none at all). I believe I came across this website about last year, but never made an account until this year and jumped into the fray to see what I was capable of. However, when I first jumped in to this site, I was extremely skeptical of what was going on with some mods here, taking into account how people acted around SgtMarkIV and what not. Although as I was more aware of what was going on with him, and his history (Real Gore, the Halloween Release, etc.), it made more sense.

Then there's Russian Overkill, the second mod I played. That mod was just too explosive, and that's what I wanted. I enjoyed the fancy particles, powerups and overall Ruski insanity that was produced in that mod as well.

Anywho, I do browse the Project Forums frequently, but I wonder where the Tutorials and what not are located, so that way I can figure out how a lot of the modding works with doom. One day at time, heh heh.
Glad to see some traffic coming through here. :) Greetings fellow ZDoomer! I'm pretty sure you can find the tutorials in the Resources or Editing threads or within the General subforum. It's good to meet someone who likes Russian Overkill; that mod is a bit too much for me.
Phantom Allies

Post by Phantom Allies »

Yes, RO really captivated me, along with DoomRPG, DoomRL, and Guncaster. These mods have surely come a long way, from when I first saw them.
jmickle

Post by jmickle »

hello i make textures and maps mainly

Return to “Off-Topic”