[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Tention- Someone please playtest e1m2 toroughly. Voices are telling me that there are bugs in this map O-) (me Oracle)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Bio - You need AIM, ICQ, Y!M or MSN, because I almost never use IRC and I often forget about it to start and enter the #NZDR :( So a messenger would be much better!
well then AIM me. my names are at the bottom of my posts...

i would really like it if you showed up in #NZDR anyway casue there are a few people that would like to speak with you also
Risen

Post by Risen »

Updated M1/M2/M5/M8 uploaded. these versions will work with the intermap, there are no other changes.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

It looks like the version of e1m9 on the ftp is old. There's no rain, the clouds don't move, there's no boxes around the main imp pen, there's a bunch of missing textures, and the ending hallway is also less detailed than the last version I tried. Most/all of e1m1's scripts didn't work, either. And e1m4 had a really bad problem of teleporting you out into the void after you do whatever underwater.
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this when I first brought up that I had the files on my server, but I searched through this entire topic in reverse and tried every link to them I found. I have the most recent versions I could download through the topic links, some of which are quite old; whatever files are old versions, they are so because I didn't (and still don't) have access to newer versions.
Risen

Post by Risen »

All of the maps need testing and refinement. I plan to start when I finish the intermission. Recent progress there has been improvements in the terrain.

Why has the M4 teleport bug resurfaced? I fixed that when I worked on it.
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Unless you or another KDiZD dev has a copy of M4 with the bug fixed, it'll likely have to be done again; the version on my server is the most recent one linked to in this topic that I could actually download. Any later links wouldn't work.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Why don't we create a master bugs list? Then when it comes time to squish them we'll have something to work from and nothing will be forgotten.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Good idea. I'll be playtesting the maps thoroughly to find as many bugs as possible.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Nmn wrote:Smart-ass 3d faking (E1m3 Mines Elevator anyone?).
Not to mention that I had to plug in the idiot-proof feature of which you have forgotten :roll: But it works fine right now, could only use some more smoothing, yet I don't know why going down is so sharp and going up goes so smooth...
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

I've already found a few bugs, missing and misaligned textures, and the like in M1; I'll start a bug list on my FTP with those. :D

Edit: The KDiZD Bug List has been started.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Oh, crap, I didn't realize modding the maps to import the intermap library would invalidate them when it was unavailable. I'll provide a dummy INTERMAP lump for the resource WAD as soon as I can. It will still be a little while before the complete intermap is ready, I don't want to release it early.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Krillancello - You become a very great help for us right now :) Good buglist :)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Yes we must Credit this guy. Thanks dude :D
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

I've seen what this community can do together (ZDCMP 1). I'll help as much as I can to see another great community project. :D

I'd also like to join the community as a mapper and (probably) scripter... but first I must develop some skill in those areas.

Return to “Levels”