Here! HD Titles for Doom 1, 2, TNT, Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
noonecares

Re: Here! HD Titles for Doom 1, 2, TNT, Plutonia, Heretic, H

Post by noonecares »

Nickelbawker wrote: Is that font referenced from a DooM III or another id game?

I feel its a little off of the original font. The 2009 font is closer but has no detail to it.
Nope, that font is pulled straight out of the zdoom_commons_gui, and the numbers (I think) are from Impy Hi-Res Fonts, but I took them out of the zdoom_commons_gui thinking they were originally created by Cataflexia. I just used paint to arrange them to resemble the original graphics :|

I also think it's a bit off the original font, but I don't really mind the steel-like letters. If you want, I can make them resemble the original fonts more closely.
BarneyTheDinosaur

Post by BarneyTheDinosaur »

Awesome! What a great job!
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Nickelbawker wrote:
I deleted the GUI and one of the fonts because it conflicted with mine, you can replace them by combining the original OP wad with just the images out of this wad
If you are referring to the ingame GUI then can you please release your version(s) of this MOD as that was the ONLY issue i really had with it as the new GUI looked awful and prevented me from using just the default Zandronum one.
Nickelbawker

Post by Nickelbawker »

Skrell wrote:
Nickelbawker wrote:
I deleted the GUI and one of the fonts because it conflicted with mine, you can replace them by combining the original OP wad with just the images out of this wad
If you are referring to the ingame GUI then can you please release your version(s) of this MOD as that was the ONLY issue i really had with it as the new GUI looked awful and prevented me from using just the default Zandronum one.
It's released look back last page. This is extremely easy to mod took me almost as long as it did for you to search this thread up. Slade is basically a file explorer for DooM with many features beyond file exploring. Open, delete, save, boot game that easy.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Nickelbawker wrote:
Skrell wrote:
Nickelbawker wrote:
It's released look back last page. This is extremely easy to mod took me almost as long as it did for you to search this thread up. Slade is basically a file explorer for DooM with many features beyond file exploring. Open, delete, save, boot game that easy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/enkcbg61crm4w ... i.pk3?dl=0? I assume this simply replaces the one in the original post?
noonecares

Post by noonecares »

Skrell wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/enkcbg61crm4w ... i.pk3?dl=0? I assume this simply replaces the one in the original post?
It kinda does, but not completely. The one in the original post won't even load because Doom uses textures for menu/intermission font displays. I made one for TNT (I made it for myself, but I later decided to share it) since it's my favourite doom game; it's a tad bit more complicated if you've never used a Doom editor before. I might do more for Doom 2 and Plutonia soon if I have the time. It does work for all Doom 2 games but every MAP02 level will be named Human BBQ (e.g. Underhalls will be Human BBQ in the HD font).
Nickelbawker

Post by Nickelbawker »

Skrell wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/enkcbg61crm4w ... i.pk3?dl=0? I assume this simply replaces the one in the original post?
that's noonecare's mod, mines back a page. His has a detailed font for the main menu, mine has a scaled original font. Both appear to have deleted the GUI.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Nickelbawker wrote:
that's noonecare's mod, mines back a page. His has a detailed font for the main menu, mine has a scaled original font. Both appear to have deleted the GUI.
Ah ok! Thank you for the clarification!! :)
noonecares

Post by noonecares »

Nickelbawker wrote: Both appear to have deleted the GUI.
What a coincidence, I have also deleted the GUI because it was conflicting with another custom HUD I am using. (If you're wondering it's the UltimateDoomVisor, can be found on ModDB here. It's a pretty awesome custom HUD.)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

noonecares wrote:
Nickelbawker wrote: Both appear to have deleted the GUI.
What a coincidence, I have also deleted the GUI because it was conflicting with another custom HUD I am using. (If you're wondering it's the UltimateDoomVisor, can be found on ModDB here. It's a pretty awesome custom HUD.)
Great minds think alike!! Plus the GUI was TRULY awful and intrusive! ;)
Nickelbawker

Post by Nickelbawker »

noonecares wrote: What a coincidence, I have also deleted the GUI because it was conflicting with another custom HUD I am using. (If you're wondering it's the UltimateDoomVisor, can be found on ModDB here. It's a pretty awesome custom HUD.)
I'm using a custom GUI, modified version of sgr mk IV's gui.... I'm having issues with the HD sprite* pack though I haven't decided how to address the issue once I release shotgun ammo pickup and clip they will also become giant like the helmet.
Last edited by Nickelbawker on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”