[Textures] Animated monitors & switches

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [Textures] Animated monitors & switches

Postby X-DOOM » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Reactor wrote:The work is done. X-DOOM wanted me to create 10 animated monitors which involve or are about Doom/Doom 2 monsters. It was not easy, as I had no clear monster animations, but eventually I managed to put together decent monitors with various Doom monsters. Here is the archive:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123 ... nitorz.zip

HOLY MACARONI !!!!!!!!
WOW this is exactly what i wanted and i didn't expected you could make these that so much perfect. OMG.
This was a hell of a good job. Nicely done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks
X-DOOM
Imp monger

Postby Enjay » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:30 am

Reactor wrote:Yes, the monitor frame, too. The first one is actually was a microwave oven... :D

He he. Cunning. :D
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Reactor » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:24 am

I'm glad I could help :) I will upload the radars & rest of them animated switches shortly :)
Reactor
The militarist

Postby Reactor » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:48 pm

UPDATE: Archive moved to Google Drive, added new computer/monitor animations, the total number of frames are now above 1800 alltogether.
Animated switches archive is not yet updated, 5 more switches need to be created to complete the archive.
Reactor
The militarist

Postby Reactor » Tue May 23, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm almost done with all animated switches, so expect an update soon. Here are some previews for ya. 85% of them will be electronic and computer-themed switches, I guess gothic and medieval-themed switches will be 3D-lever models, if possible. More information is required. Also, some of the switches were not meant to be deactivated - I shall include a TXT in the archive, which'll designate, which switches have two or more states, and which switches have active state only, and cannot be deactivated (storywise, these will be switches for machines whose activation is a primary objective, deactivating them would mess up the level). I have sound effects for them as well, tho I don't know if I should submit them along with the graphics. You decide it! Also I have no coding for either of the switches, so you shall need a competent coder for the small activation delays and other programming stuff.

Reactor
The militarist

Postby Dynamo » Sat May 27, 2017 10:07 am

Nice! Looking forward to the rest.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby Reactor » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:34 pm

UPDATE: Animated switch archive has been uploaded, first post is updated. Phew! Dag-nabbit, it was some work...
Reactor
The militarist

Previous

Return to Resources