The Mansion (AKA Ao Oni Doom)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HiHiCyclyn

The Mansion (AKA Ao Oni Doom)

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

UPDATE! 11/28/2014

Greetings fellow doomers, users etc.

I will announce my latest project I've been working on for the last two years. It's an project called Mansion(Ao Oni Doom) and it recreates the original game in 3d.
It also adds some extra features that weren't in the original.

It contains 9 playable classes with each his/her own unique weapons and playstyle. I might add some more classes in the future if enough anticipation is given to that.

It has 2 maps including an secret level. (From which the first 2 maps are based of the original Ao Oni)

Please note that this isn't the final version of this project, meaning that there's still room for improvement and extra content. The final release date is currently
scheduled for January 2015, since the game is close to its final build. Please give proper criticism and opinions because I will use that to improve the game.

(OpenGL only)
Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!b5RVxS4B!Xi5rNv6GA ... -IPJMHm6t8

This wad is optimized for GZDoom, but works fine pretty much the same on Zandronum. The only thing that looks bad when playing it on Zandronum are the menu's
due Zandronum not supporting the MENUDEF lump.

I really hope most of you will enjoy the wad!

There are a few gameplay preview images below.

Last edited by HiHiCyclyn on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Mansion (Aka Ao Oni Doom)

Post by Ed the Bat »

Could I ask that weapons be defined either with Weapon.SlotNumber or Player.WeaponSlot, and not KEYCONF? This would help compatibility with external weapon mods. I'd also prefer playerclasses be defined in MAPINFO instead of KEYCONF, but if Zandronum compatibility is important, that could be a roadblock.
HiHiCyclyn

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

Ed the Bat wrote:Could I ask that weapons be defined either with Weapon.SlotNumber or Player.WeaponSlot, and not KEYCONF? This would help compatibility with external weapon mods. I'd also prefer playerclasses be defined in MAPINFO instead of KEYCONF, but if Zandronum compatibility is important, that could be a roadblock.
What version of Zandronum are you using? Because it only works with Zandronum 2.0 or higher.

Anyway it's a little bit on the buggy side. But this isn't made to be played with additional wads.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I don't use Zandronum, because it's so embarrassingly out of date. It doesn't even support class declaration by MAPINFO.

But very well, I suppose I'll just edit it on my own end, then, as I did with V3.5
Last edited by Ed the Bat on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HiHiCyclyn

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

Ed the Bat wrote:I don't use Zandronum, because it's so embarrassingly out of date. It doesn't even support class declaration by MAPINFO.

But very well, I suppose I'll just edit it on my own end, then, as I did with V3.5
Yeah, well the only reason I find it important to be functional with Zandronum is only because of Multiplayer. Other than that I don't have a reason to make it compatible with Zandronum.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

I have played some and there is a lack of creepy ambient, it should be more dark and with some sound to create tension, the meeting with the IDUNNOWHATTHEHELLISTHAT is not random :/

the foopstep become very annoying if walk and stop there is still walk sounds, the rat sound need a good sound lol

i also found some bugs..

playing as marine and having the lighter on cause this... a little yellow dot apears close and over the player
Spoiler:
and playing as luigi when close to walls the vacuum cant shoot or the shoot are blocked
Spoiler: close and far from wall
also as luigi after grab the lighter cant return to use the vacuum

that is all for now ;)
HiHiCyclyn

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

Mav3rick wrote:I have played some and there is a lack of creepy ambient, it should be more dark and with some sound to create tension, the meeting with the IDUNNOWHATTHEHELLISTHAT is not random :/

the foopstep become very annoying if walk and stop there is still walk sounds, the rat sound need a good sound lol

i also found some bugs..

playing as marine and having the lighter on cause this... a little yellow dot apears close and over the player
Spoiler:
and playing as luigi when close to walls the vacuum cant shoot or the shoot are blocked
Spoiler: close and far from wall
also as luigi after grab the lighter cant return to use the vacuum

that is all for now ;)
The Luigi weapon "Bug" isn't actually a bug, it's something I done on purpose to prevent spamming projectiles against Ao Oni.

The lighter bug is as far as my knowledge goes impossible to fix at the moment. Removing the yellow dot causes the lightning effect to dissapear as well.

I do however didn't notice there was something wrong with the footsteps. Thanks for the feedback! I will try my best fixing these bugs. :)
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

HiHiCyclyn wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:crap i said
The Luigi weapon "Bug" isn't actually a bug, it's something I done on purpose to prevent spamming projectiles against Ao Oni.

The lighter bug is as far as my knowledge goes impossible to fix at the moment. Removing the yellow dot causes the lightning effect to dissapear as well.

I do however didn't notice there was something wrong with the footsteps. Thanks for the feedback! I will try my best fixing these bugs. :)
also, i get to this part... i have all the 4 keys and i dunno what else to do :? all rooms where check a there is no more keys to see, help?
Spoiler:
HiHiCyclyn

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

Mav3rick wrote:
HiHiCyclyn wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:crap i said

also, i get to this part... i have all the 4 keys and i dunno what else to do :? all rooms where check a there is no more keys to see, help?
Spoiler:
Hmm... Tell me at what part of the mansion you are stuck. And what the last key was that you picked up (Gold key, brown key etc.)
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

pass the bars, next room, i got ruby, brown, weird and gold keys and the next room there is a door that ask me for emerald key
Last edited by Mav3rick on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiHiCyclyn

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

Mav3rick wrote:pass the bars, next room, i got ruby, brown, weird and gold keys
You need press a bookshelf in the piano room. :D I hope that helps.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

He needs to attack a wall close to the portrait of Codename V, to reveal a door.
HiHiCyclyn

Post by HiHiCyclyn »

Ed the Bat wrote:He needs to attack a wall close to the portrait of Codename V, to reveal a door.
He isn't there yet.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Mav3rick wrote:also, i get to this part... i have all the 4 keys and i dunno what else to do :? all rooms where check a there is no more keys to see, help?
Spoiler:
Yes he is.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

if you mean this...
Spoiler:
already done and that switch is the one that lower the bars... :?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”