[Finished] PSX Quake 2 deathmatch maps and weapons v2.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hfc2x

Re: PSX Quake 2 project (QuakeW)

Post by hfc2x »

And why would you want to extract it? It is supposed to be played, but well, nevermind.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Bump! Just so you notice that a new version is up, so you might want to check the first post.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

tested, not working in gzdoom (fatal error) and have a problem in skulltag =/
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Honestly, bro? Try to stick to Skulltag. Right, GZDoom is great and all, but the problem is: No OpenGL, No Graphics Card, No Service. Meanwhile, Skulltag welcomes both. And the version 98e features 3D Floors, what I bet you are using. Effects? With a lot of patience, trial and error, you can get many effects to come out well.

If you want to keep going for GZDoom, go ahead.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Um, Skulltag's OpenGl mode is based on GZDoom, I'm pretty sure...

Although if it's for multiplayer then yeah Skulltag is your best option. I think it's getting 3d floor support but I've been away from there so long I couldn't tell you for certain.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

ibm5155 wrote:tested, not working in gzdoom (fatal error) and have a problem in skulltag =/
Weird... what version of GZDoom are you using? It runs fine on GZDoom 1.5.6. Also, don't try Skulltag, as it is way outdated, and won't support any of the features the weapons have.
tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Honestly, bro? Try to stick to Skulltag. Right, GZDoom is great and all, but the problem is: No OpenGL, No Graphics Card, No Service. Meanwhile, Skulltag welcomes both. And the version 98e features 3D Floors, what I bet you are using. Effects? With a lot of patience, trial and error, you can get many effects to come out well.

Can't tell if trolling, or just outrageosly ignorant.
In case of troll, go away, the Off-Topic forum isn't here.
In case of ignorant, I will TRY and cure yours. Skulltag doesn't allow 3D floors while playing multiplayer, so, what's the point? Also, you obviously cannot tell that Skulltag is based on an ANCIENT version of ZDoom (2.3.1). This of course makes Skulltag horribly crippled compared to GZDoom (which is based on ZDoom 2.5.0 (r3010)), not to mention the mediocre renderer Skulltag uses for OpenGL. Sure, you can say you get the same effects by trial and error, but you obviously haven't tried even once. If you want to keep using a mediocre port like Skulltag, go ahead and try redoing all this for Skulltag. I guarantee 100% failure.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

hfc2x wrote:
tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Honestly, bro? Try to stick to Skulltag. Right, GZDoom is great and all, but the problem is: No OpenGL, No Graphics Card, No Service. Meanwhile, Skulltag welcomes both. And the version 98e features 3D Floors, what I bet you are using. Effects? With a lot of patience, trial and error, you can get many effects to come out well.

Can't tell if trolling, or just outrageosly ignorant.
In case of troll, go away, the Off-Topic forum isn't here.
In case of ignorant, I will TRY and cure yours. Skulltag doesn't allow 3D floors while playing multiplayer, so, what's the point? Also, you obviously cannot tell that Skulltag is based on an ANCIENT version of ZDoom (2.3.1). This of course makes Skulltag horribly crippled compared to GZDoom (which is based on ZDoom 2.5.0 (r3010)), not to mention the mediocre renderer Skulltag uses for OpenGL. Sure, you can say you get the same effects by trial and error, but you obviously haven't tried even once. If you want to keep using a mediocre port like Skulltag, go ahead and try redoing all this for Skulltag. I guarantee 100% failure.
Now I'm SURE you haven't laid your hands on Skulltag 98e. Specially considering it isn't "stable" yet (or so they say, but who am I to judge? I can only play 98e in MM8BDM servers ¬¬).
Skulltag, as of 98e, supports 3D floors for both Hardware (OpenGL) and Software (Direct X/3D, dunno which) renderers. I do know because I have played in maps with 3D floors with this version and it works fine.

So, turns out, you were the misinformed one

PS.: No, I'm not a troll. Just informing you the truth. I know of a great GZDoom mod that is, sadly, underplayed.

PSS.:No, you aren't ignorant. You are misinformed.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Now I'm SURE you haven't laid your hands on Skulltag 98e. Specially considering it isn't "stable" yet (or so they say, but who am I to judge? I can only play 98e in MM8BDM servers ¬¬).
Skulltag, as of 98e, supports 3D floors for both Hardware (OpenGL) and Software (Direct X/3D, dunno which) renderers. I do know because I have played in maps with 3D floors with this version and it works fine.

So, turns out, you were the misinformed one
I noticed that when he said Skulltag doesn't support 3D Floors in Multiplayer (not competitive modes but still works in MP) and the Skulltag's OpenGL sucks.

If that was true, then, Hunter's Moon wasn't to be a "nice" OpenGL mod for ST, but well, who am i to judge his opinion about Skulltag :|
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:So, turns out, you were the misinformed one
Revilution wrote:I noticed that when he said Skulltag doesn't support 3D Floors in Multiplayer (not competitive modes but still works in MP) and the Skulltag's OpenGL sucks.
1.- I never said Skulltag doesn't support 3D floors at all. I said that it doesn't support them in multiplayer, and by that I'm referring to competitive modes. Of course, it doesn't take a genius to notice that this mod is for competitive-play only. If you say that the rendering is great, then you clearly don't care about 32-bit textures being lowered to 16-colour paletted.
2.- Yes, I've "laid my hands" over Skulltag 98e, and (I don't care if it's updated and stuff) rendering still sucks and it doesn't launch because the features used for this mod are far too advanced for it's codebase.
3.- I don't really care if this mod is underplayed. I made it just for fun, so it's the same for me if 3 people or 1 million play it.
blingbling

Post by blingbling »

This looks interesting. I loved playing Quake 2 DM with my friends back in the 90's, I'm glad to see others that like the PSX level set.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

ignore the counterproductive engine preaching and move forward.

BROSKI U NEED TO USE RISEN3*shot*
hfc2x

Re: [Finished] PSX Quake 2 deathmatch maps and weapons

Post by hfc2x »

Bumping this thread so you know the first post has been updated, since this mod is finished. Please report any bug you find.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

I really liked this and i would like to make the weapon MD2s work with this.
Could someone help me on how the frames work/how the naming works?
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Matsilagi wrote:I really liked this and i would like to make the weapon MD2s work with this.
Could someone help me on how the frames work/how the naming works?
I don't understand MODELDEF all too well, so I'm not really sure if this would actually work. I know you need to associate each sprite frame to one model animation frame. The problem with this is that the way I made the sprites animate would break the model animations (I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't tried).

I took the frames directly from a model viewer, but picking the corresponding model animation frames would make the weapon animations look jerky, since models are interpolated in-game. Sprite animations are not, unless you provide extra frames in-between. So, I had to make and insert extra frames to make the animations look smooth. This will, of course, leave some model frames un-linked from their sprite counterparts, so I don't know what could the in-game consequences be.
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Why didnt you make the Doom64 weapons
since they are the only ones with muzzleflashes?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”