[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - Explode along with me!

Post by DoomKrakken »

I find it amusing that you think I'm complaining about balance, Princess.

My big point is that it would be lots of fun seeing creatures using your weapons, similarly to some of the creatures from Brutal Doom: Derp Edition (yet another overkill mod). In Brutal Doom: Derp Edition, you're still the overkill marine crushing hellspawn underfoot, but some of the creatures use some of the weapons you have (which is how you get some of them). It'd be cool if the same thing applied in Russian Overkill.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Well, DoomKrakken, arguing isn't going to make it so, so I think your first and easiest goal would be to download SLADE or something else and make an equivalent zombieman from a player weapon. (maybe using Brutal Doom's monsters as a basis, though I can tell you first hand that Mark's decorate is a big mess of spaghetti.) Use the Tarpan or whatever else's decorate as the basis for the zombieman's attacks. You don't need graphics for that. Just try to make placeholders and learn a bit about decorate.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'm not trying to argue... people just seem to misunderstand what I have to say. I'm only bringing this up because I've no idea how to do this on my own, nor do I believe I have the time (I joined merely as a suggester). Now that you bring this up, I might consider this.

Thanks for your suggestion. Would you happen to know how to have monsters trigger an alt-fire function (for example, Zombies triggering the healing function of the Tarpan/Libra/Power Overwhelming, or the Libra's plasma ball)?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Sorry, I didn't mean to say you were arguing, just that it'd be more productive to experiment and try it for yourself. As for alt-fire, I don't know if you could make the AI check to see if there are friendlies near it, let alone wounded ones. You might, with some ACS wizardry, but that's way beyond my scope of knowledge. An easier starting point might be something more simple like a shotgun guy with a leviathan.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alright, thank you. :)
Aaroman1

Post by Aaroman1 »

I cant get this to run correctly with strife or heretic, how can i do that?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, this mod is pretend to be run with doom, i don't think running it with those games are ain't a good idea. instead, i can recommend his another mod for heretic and hexen called the guncaster.

oh, btw, welcome to the forum. partner.
Boreas249

Post by Boreas249 »

Aaroman1 wrote:I cant get this to run correctly with strife or heretic, how can i do that?
The mod is only for DooM and DooM II I believe.

Not sure where it went, but I remember seeing an addon that makes this playable with Heretic. Not so sure about Strife.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

amv2k9 had something in the works, but it probably died with the difficulty of Strife support. :P

Officially, I don't think there are plans for Raven support unless Pillow gets really bored and determined one day. Ranging ammo pickups across six different types of spawns for Heretic might take a little thought, but doing a mana equivalent for Hexen would be downright horrendous...
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Zhs2 wrote:amv2k9 had something in the works, but it probably died with the difficulty of Strife support. :P
I just never released it. I'll need to polish it up, but I should be able to put it out soon.
...but doing a mana equivalent for Hexen would be downright horrendous...
This would be the primary annoyance with Hexen support; that and armor. What I'm probably going to have to do is have the pickup check player inventory for weapons, then drops a few ammos for those, then a few randomly chosen ones besides. Problem is, that's no good for multiplayer support.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.3? 2.3.

Post by PillowBlaster »

I supposed to work on it for a lil bit longer, but recent events made me change my mind, as there's no point in holding this update up, as it will take another forever. Will it be the last one? Most likely, even if there are still two things I'd like to do... well, time will tell, I hope this one was worth it. Did some on-the-fly changes just now, aaand I hope I didn't forget anything important.

Changelog!
Spoiler:
Download, plus new loadout patch. OP links updated of course. In case of things not working, obviously update your gzdoom.

And it's KeksDose's birthday, so consider it my way to say to him happy birthday, heh!
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Cool. Also Happy Birthday KeksDose!
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Today is a good day!
magmus

Post by magmus »

Good job on the update, the pill cannon is my new favourite weapon!
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

Comrades. Today is great day! Drink for great Motherland! Update brings great warm to heart like vodka in Russian house.
PillowBlaster, tovarish, today I shall wrestle bear in your honor.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”