[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PsychoSilverTH
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [RELEASED] Prodoomer [GZDooM]

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

ArchXeno wrote:Currently playing through, that blue mermaid guy on top of the waterfall does an absurd amount of damage.

Other than that, amazing work.
you need to have the ice aura, for that reduces the ice damage.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

I wait for it my whole life... And my dream become a true :D
Thanks you very, very much, PsychoSilverTH. I will never forget you my comrade >:)
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

When you said yesterday that this will be released soon, i did not expect to have it today!
What a good surprise, i've been waiting for this for a long time. Downloading now c:
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

You should rename this to Phantasy Doom, cus damn, it plays A LOT like Phantasy Star Online (PSO). And hearing the Gamecube tracks from that game pretty much made my opinion solid. lol
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

can you post the download in a .zip some people don't use extractors, and slade crashes when I try using it as one
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

demo_the_man wrote:can you post the download in a .zip some people don't use extractors, and slade crashes when I try using it as one
It's not hard to go download and install 7-Zip.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

This seems like you put a lot of effort into it and I haven't gotten very far at all so I can't give any real criticism, but I need to address 2 major irritations and 3 minor ones that I have right off the bat:

Major:
1. The hud is really intrusive, its eating up like 25% of the screen. I thought I had stretch_hud on or hud_scale 1 on but I don't, I shutter to think what i'd look like with those on.

2. The gears of war cog damage effect. Is it really necessary? Its even more intrusive. I think my aim jolting up, flashing red screen, and crys of pain are more then enough indication that I've been hit (I'm assuming the jolting aim may be an upgrade-able rpg thing, idk.).

Minor:
1. Whats up with the hitmarkers? That seems like more a multiplayer thing then a singleplayer thing

2. some enemies produce red opengl lights when they die, I find this a tad odd.

3. The beginning cutscene needs some brushing up. I know I'm not a paragon of spelling, grammar, or punctuation as my previous posts indicate but it it looked somewhat "unprofessional". Also the dude taking like 50 rockets to the face is also a little silly but i'll give that as a benefit of the doubt as doom ai isn't the greatest, honestly I think it'd be much nicer if you had the commander come to face to face with the cyberdemon and just end it there.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I always get rank D / 0 points in the end of ALL levels.
VANDAMVANDAM

Post by VANDAMVANDAM »

On lvl07 there are 4 secrets, one is with armor bonuses (12), was searching for a lever/other trigger, and can't find anything for this secret. (found all of the rings...) how one can open it?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

This mod has some serious issues:
  • That waterfall guy on the first level needs a serious nerf. I don't know what that ice aura thing is, but I couldn't find it.
  • Gears of War logo on pain/death. Why?
  • The Sonic rings are really not fitting with the Doom-style of the mod. Maybe some special spheres or some soul thing?
  • The in-game cutscenes. The beginning scene was skippable, so I think the other ones (i.e. using the detonator to reveal the dynamite cave) should be too.
  • Relating to that, I was frozen in place in the beginning of the third level during the dialogue. Why?
  • The fire and the shadow thing do way too much damage way too fast.
  • The grammar and spelling are horrible.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I also have a problem with the Omen popping up when I get hit, it's unnecessary. And the CoD Style hit markers are also unnecessary, if you could add an option in the game's menu to enable/disable those, that would be awesome.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

En Chileno: La wea wena conchetumare, necesita unos arreglos nomas.

In English: This is awesome, but yeah, i agree that the hit makers and the GoW logo are unnecessary, also, most screen effects aren't widescreen friendly, but that's minor and i don't really mind it.

Si quieres te podría ayudar con los textos.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

I think that both GoW logo and hit markers are switchable in the options. The HUD is unnecessary intrusive though. I'd recommend something like NC-hud in terms of ergonomics+simplicity. Maybe you could make a compatibility patch for NCHud or something?
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

P.S. Its only my personal think and you can not like my words...

What i love in this TC:
+ Big Arcenal. Pistol, Shotgun, Super-Shotgun, Grenade-Launcher, Rocket-Launcher and more!
+ Many cool locations. Yes, detalisation made for 4/5, but it's really rare! I mean all locations made with good fantasy and soul! Caves, Rocks, Cliffs, Bases, Dungeons with cool GZDoom feathures!
+ Big bestiary. I like RPG-Styled enemies and new feathure (monsters enciclopedy).
+ Cutscenes. In's not very important, but maded really good.
+ Good RPG system. I not like auras, but attacking spells (like a Vortex, FireBall, Unleashing and more) make me scream like a little girl!

What i hate in this TC:
+ Many puzzles with JUMP. Doom created without JUMPing. I do not hate JUMPing feauthre, but its really bothering me!
+ Sometimes i loss all shells and uzi-bullets and in big action i need to fire with lossy-pistols. It's not big minus, but give gameplay some balance.
+ Many times i uses all mana and more times i wait of her regeniration. It's not big munus, because level-designers drop some mana-bottles on every level.

In end i want to sorry for my bad english and say some good words for all team, who make this greatful mod!
In future you can make good game on UE2 or higher, because you all guys have good brains and phantasies! Really its best mod of mods in 2014!
PsychoSilverTH
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Toberone wrote:This seems like you put a lot of effort into it and I haven't gotten very far at all so I can't give any real criticism, but I need to address 2 major irritations and 3 minor ones that I have right off the bat:

Major:
1. The hud is really intrusive, its eating up like 25% of the screen. I thought I had stretch_hud on or hud_scale 1 on but I don't, I shutter to think what i'd look like with those on.

2. The gears of war cog damage effect. Is it really necessary? Its even more intrusive. I think my aim jolting up, flashing red screen, and crys of pain are more then enough indication that I've been hit (I'm assuming the jolting aim may be an upgrade-able rpg thing, idk.).

Minor:
1. Whats up with the hitmarkers? That seems like more a multiplayer thing then a singleplayer thing

2. some enemies produce red opengl lights when they die, I find this a tad odd.

3. The beginning cutscene needs some brushing up. I know I'm not a paragon of spelling, grammar, or punctuation as my previous posts indicate but it it looked somewhat "unprofessional". Also the dude taking like 50 rockets to the face is also a little silly but i'll give that as a benefit of the doubt as doom ai isn't the greatest, honestly I think it'd be much nicer if you had the commander come to face to face with the cyberdemon and just end it there.

Major:

2. the critical state can deactivate by doing this: options > prodoomer options > critical state off, there's an hability that decreases the recoil.

Minor:

1. the hitmaker is useful because it helps you to know if you hit an enemy or something.

there are 3 types of hitmaker:

white, green and blue:

white: when YOU hit something

green: when YOUR allies hit something

blue: when YOU hit something with your abilites

2. hmm, maybe you're confusing with the damage counter's lights.

3. I like your idea of commander vs cyberdemon, BTW, my english is not perfect.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”