[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/ - 0.72 N

Post by Captain J »

That's really amore work, shivers.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

This is exactly what we've been needing this whole time.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Shit, I was trying to quote Shivers' post to report some bugs and accidentally edited it. I wasn't able to recover most of the post, but I managed to keep the link intact. I am very, very, very sorry for this grave error and I hope it doesn't ruin anybody's day.
ArmanAhmadi

Post by ArmanAhmadi »

Scout approves.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

One thing I'd like to have in there is at least one more weapon. It's a little depressing for me if you know a place were you would find a weapon in a normal game, but here, it's just a powerup.

Another thing:
Could it be that this mod is not suitable for slaughterfests like Hell Revealed? Or do I just suck?
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

Are you talking about the Iron Maiden armor when you mention the powerup?
Because that is basically it's own weapon when you turn it on.
It gives super punches, a new projectile attack(Which is a bit weak) and all special moves cost less meter to use.

Demonsteele is also very very compatible with slaughterfests thanks to the special moves and how the ranking meter works.
Hae-Lin gets really powerful when there's more enemies to fight.

I've been playing this mod with pretty much anything I could and it works really really good with something like Sunder.
It also works well on smaller scale levels like Scythe 1 or Unloved.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I know about the Iron Saviour. I meant things like armor and Soul-Prisons. Or sometimes you get nothing at all, when the game originally had a weapon placed there.

Well, the special moves might help me out. If they don't help, then it's literally impossible for me to beat this map, since I can't even get close to my enemies to hit them with the sword without taking hits...
Last edited by TheBadHustlex on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it IS a bit hard though, with the arcade-ish style of gameplay that makes every hit against you count all the more. it can be a bit stressful to play in longer rounds, and some of the monsters are kind of unfair, demonic spiders (i don't know if they've been tweaked in 0.72 or not, but the Arch-Vile, Arachnotron, and Pain Elemental are all hell to deal with and can drain your power meter and life very quickly.)
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

I think Armor pickups are normal.

Now that I think about it, there's nothing really in the shotgun slot so nothing important comes from shotgun spawns. That might need to be fixed.
Also Special moves are incredibly powerful, especially the back special(Down > Down > Fire).
That blocks projectiles and pierces through enemies so it's pretty much the go-to special move for slaughtermaps.

For the Archviles I use a lot of grenades or back special to get close. Or if they're at the same height as the player a forward special kills them instantly.
For the Arachnotron replacement you can use the SMG to stunlock them to get close.
Pain Elementals can be stunlocked with the SMG too, back special also gets rid of all the ghosts really easily but it won't kill the spectre guy.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

About the shotgun and chaingun spawn, i hope he can replace 'em into a shellbox and bulletbox, through. With extra large amount would be so useful.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

It's weird that it's just this one map. The rest was hard, but beatable. But this Map16 is just plain aggrevating: I have no chance of ganining any power for special moves, since killing barons and Knights is not easy when there are like 20 of each around there, spread all over the huge area and three Arch-Viles spamming shittons of projectiles all over the place at tower where you can hardly reach them. I have some grenades which are enough for like 3, 4 barons or some Archies, but I can't attack the Archies because whenever I'm in the right position, I'm exposed to the barons. Whenever I try to find a save place, I just end up finding more enemies. And since barons are gonna go fast, you cant really hide from them so easily.
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

What difficulty are you on?
You could give up some life tokens to kill Hell Knights then use forward specials to kill the Barons then shoot grenades are the Archviles.

For levels where I get completely swarmed I try to basically push through everything and keep them all on one side.
Side specials would also work if you dash into a group.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I play on Facing Hell with 3 Tokens out of 4. So it will be quite hard to give up some, but I might try it.
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

I always play on Facing Hell, it feels like the right balance of difficulty for every mapset I've ran Demonsteele with.
Although sometimes it's a little too easy since you can do a lot with 4 tokens and the invincibility period.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Any chance of making it so that the Zandronum coop player display doesn't say that the player's health is 99999999999 when they have life tokens?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”