Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

Post by CeeJay »

A faithful reinterpretation of the classic Wolfenstein 3D for the DOOM sourceport EDGE-Classic (https://edge-classic.github.io/index.html) complete with all six original episodes plus Spear of Destiny and the console port levels known as the First/Second Encounter. Comes with a "standard" version mimicking the PC original and a HD version mimicking the Macintosh-family of ports. Get psyched!

Gameplay footage:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD: (soon)

CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:47 am, edited 59 times in total.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Wolfenstein 3D for 3DGE

Post by armymen12002003 »

Any idea when this will be available? it looks promising.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Interesting, so are the episodes recreations of the originals or what?

I've never finished wolf3d :-/
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Looks awesome!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

armymen12002003 wrote:Any idea when this will be available? it looks promising.
I just got some final touches to do, so probably within a matter of days
VGA wrote:Interesting, so are the episodes recreations of the originals or what?
Yes, converted using the MapToWad utility.
CeeJay

Re: Wolfenstein 3D for 3DGE (released)

Post by CeeJay »

Now available for download 8-)
VGA

Post by VGA »

I extracted the zip in a folder and loaded the wad with the latest stable 3DGE with my Ult Doom IWAD. But I must have done something wrong, episodes are wrong, music and textures are missing. Why is the data in a separate "Wolf3d data" folder?

I did try to rename the zip to pl3 and load it :cry:
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:I extracted the zip in a folder and loaded the wad with the latest stable 3DGE with my Ult Doom IWAD. But I must have done something wrong, episodes are wrong, music and textures are missing. Why is the data in a separate "Wolf3d data" folder?

I did try to rename the zip to pl3 and load it :cry:
The "Wolf3d data" folder is where all the resources are held and as such is vital for the game to work properly and you probably need a DOOM2 IWAD for it. Just extract the entire contents of wolf3dge.zip into the same folder as 3DGE 1.36 and your DOOM 2 IWAD. Load WOLF3DGE.WAD.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Seems to work very nicely. Shame those hi-res sprites are only available from one angle (but that's not the mod's fault).
VGA

Post by VGA »

Ah, ok, I was loading it from a different folder using ZDL.

It's very good, this may be the time when I actually play through Wolf3D. ECWolf's Vsync doesn't work, I can't move with the minimap open. Wolfendoom TC replicates the atrocious player movement of the original and the ridiculous door open/close sounds.

But your mod has doom-like movement and some conservative bobbing, much better :-)

But why doesn't it have bullet puffs? Maybe when 3DGE adds them you can also have decals. And it's gonna be even better with uncapped framerate!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:But why doesn't it have bullet puffs? Maybe when 3DGE adds them you can also have decals. And it's gonna be even better with uncapped framerate!
Wolf3D didn't have bullet puffs or blood splats and neither did any of the official ports of the game. Besides, the bullet puff I did put in just didn't look right so I scrapped it. The goal of this mod is, after all, to try and emulate the original game(s) as closely as possible but with DOOM-like movement as opposed to the blocky and bulky Wolf3D-movement.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I actually think that it's harder to play wolfenstein with doom movement. Feels nicer though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hey, i had no idea you could realease the another version of your EDGE wolf3d mod, And i hope my Mac-fied rest of wolf3d bosses included to this!
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

This is awesome, i always had a bad time playing classic wolf because of movement, but now i feel more "at home".
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Wolfenstein 3DGE (released)

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Played through Episode 1, really great! It's cool to play through a mac port styled TC.
Just ran through Episode 3, now I'm wondering if you're planning on tackling the alternate levels from the First and Second Encounter on the mac? It'd be cool to play through those with the added strafing and movement of the 3dge port.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”