Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update!

Post by wildweasel »

Zaratul wrote:@Weasel If You are adding no weapon leveling as option maybe You should concider adding leveling speed option? Three level option:fast,normal and slow.
I shall do this later. I'll figure out what the optimal settings will be for megawads.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

So would removal of the level system mean that you'd only be able to get weapon upgrades from hostages or what? Upgrade pickups? Complete removal/Always max level?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Slax wrote:So would removal of the level system mean that you'd only be able to get weapon upgrades from hostages or what? Upgrade pickups? Complete removal/Always max level?
It means that weapons will not gain experience on their own, and only via IBEX Upgrade Kits from hostages, Spiritual Enlightenment scrolls, or the (extremely rare) Thunderbolt batteries from taser men.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

With the inclusion of the super-battery, does this mean the hand grenade is the only tool that doesn't have an instant-upgrade pickup available?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Question: How do I download the Github version as a single, ready-to-go pk3? All I see are the subfiles in their component parts and I'm not that familiar with software hub stuff, just end user things.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Big C wrote:Question: How do I download the Github version as a single, ready-to-go pk3? All I see are the subfiles in their component parts and I'm not that familiar with software hub stuff, just end user things.
If you hit the "Download ZIP" button, you'll get the master repository; the subfolder called "pk3" is the game. You'd simply need to package that into a .pk3 (or .zip or .7z, if you would prefer) and there's the game.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:With the inclusion of the super-battery, does this mean the hand grenade is the only tool that doesn't have an instant-upgrade pickup available?
I think so. I can't think of a reasonable way for grenades to get upgraded...one idea that comes to mind is that, if you're full of grenades and continue picking them up, you'd get grenade experience instead, but that's dumb and would ruin ammo piles.
Big C wrote:Question: How do I download the Github version as a single, ready-to-go pk3? All I see are the subfiles in their component parts and I'm not that familiar with software hub stuff, just end user things.
Download the Master ZIP file (on the right-side bar), extract it somewhere, then run the _zip.bat file and tell the resulting window whether you want a PK3 or PK7 file. It'll generate a runnable file for you.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

wildweasel wrote:I think so. I can't think of a reasonable way for grenades to get upgraded...
What immediately came to mind for me were Fallout-style schematics for new bomb designs.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:
wildweasel wrote:I think so. I can't think of a reasonable way for grenades to get upgraded...
What immediately came to mind for me were Fallout-style schematics for new bomb designs.
Hmm. And I could make either the convicts or the apron guys drop them on rare occasions. Perhaps! That's getting filed into the "stuff to do tomorrow" category though.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Exactly what I was thinkin'! They don't have to be especially common, either; could be as rare as the super battery is from the stungun enemies.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I was happy to see the taser battery - tasering really only works well in situations where you've got one or two people to deal with and/or you've got a good excuse to use a tasered target as a human shield; nonetheless, I'd find my taser not getting upgraded at all. Now, grenades, grenades wipe out a whole series of people in one go and get a ton of experience for - it's nowhere near as annoying to level those up. Same goes for 40mmGs, but only if you use them correctly. Still, I appreciate these efforts for well-rounded completionism!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now grenades and stungun can be upgraded in a simple way; picking 'em up from thier bodies. Never thought that way before!

Anyway minor question; what kind of the sprite would be fit with grenade upgrading item? Pile of grenade parts and scrap metal or just a simple crate?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

A pile of junk (perhaps gears and a fork for some reason) and a PostIt note, probably.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

wildweasel wrote:a fork for some reason
Here is the reason why there is a fork:
Its because is you need MRE! (MRE means Meal Ready to Eat)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And the meal for 'em are hot potatoes, i get it! :laff:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”