Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update!

Post by Abba Zabba »

Weasel, do you think there can be a version that removes experience leveling? I really like the mod but I've never dug the leveling. I feel the IBEX (I think that's what they're called anyway) upgrade kits are pretty solid though. If not, then could you tell me how to remove it myself?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Lava Grunt wrote:Weasel, do you think there can be a version that removes experience leveling? I really like the mod but I've never dug the leveling. I feel the IBEX (I think that's what they're called anyway) upgrade kits are pretty solid though. If not, then could you tell me how to remove it myself?
I might consider that for the next version as an option for the Mod Options menu. Should be easy enough to implement.

[edit] My, that didn't take long at all! After a couple of misfires on my CallACS and my completely forgetting to make it a server bool instead of a user bool, there is now a weapon experience toggle that can be changed mid-game.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ed the Bat wrote:weasel has told me this is, indeed, intended between enemies who can throw grenades.
huh, i never realized that enforcers don't take any damages when they're attacking each other. Unlike the pipe bomb throwers. Least they can damage themselves.

Anyway that would tedious to wait the infight ends and do everything with yourself.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

If you're in a slaughter(ish) mapset in which Enforcers do end up shooting each other for prolonged periods of time, the number of casing actors they spawn is guaranteed to kill your framerate. Best feature ever! (One great offender of this is Memento Mori MAP23, but I'm sure there are further examples of Baron cages elsewhere.)
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Casings should probably vanish after a few seconds, yes. Combined with [wiki]A_SetTics[/wiki] you could even make this a configurable time frame.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

NeuralStunner wrote:Casings should probably vanish after a few seconds, yes. Combined with [wiki]A_SetTics[/wiki] you could even make this a configurable time frame.
Hmm, that's a thought. I'll look into it today.

[edit] Done! That's due for the next version as well.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Glad someone else said it. I kept forgetting that I wanted to do that, for the exact reasons stated above.

Also, before I forget again (I swear I forget more things than I ever even know), can I request that the civilians be given the FRIENDLY flag? I'm really tired of my autoaim targeting and killing them when trying to fight bad guys around them.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Does FRIENDLY actually prevent autoaim? I know NOTAUTOAIMED was specifically created for that purpose.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

NeuralStunner wrote:Does FRIENDLY actually prevent autoaim? I know NOTAUTOAIMED was specifically created for that purpose.
Not necessarily, but having the Smart Autoaim set to 'Never Friends' will do what I'm after.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:Also, before I forget again (I swear I forget more things than I ever even know), can I request that the civilians be given the FRIENDLY flag? I'm really tired of my autoaim targeting and killing them when trying to fight bad guys around them.
I'm trying to remember why I didn't do this; I seem to recall it causing problems with them not waking up (and thus beginning to spawn the "Use" icon) when seeing the player.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Ah, that might be an issue... well, I'd be happy with NOTAUTOAIMED, too. I just thought maybe folks who preferred to have their autoaim let them shoot everything INCLUDING friends would be bothered by the civies being protected. Not that I would agree with them, but I'm all about making everyone's preferred options available when possible...

And yes, I know autoaim has a few other problems in this mod (such as the shotgun, and... ugh, hand grenades...!), but there's less that can be done about those.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:Ah, that might be an issue... well, I'd be happy with NOTAUTOAIMED, too.
Well, I've added that to the base WWTCivilian class in the current Git build, so hopefully this won't cause issues (though the shotgun is a thing I wish I could fix; though perhaps setting NoAutoaim on the shotgun would cause too many other problems).
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

The shotgun-with-autoaim thing, I consider to be a begrudging concession; it doesn't completely destroy the game, it just sorta... looks silly (and gives the player an extra slight advantage). The fact that it's multiple A_FireCustomMissile calls, each with their own individual aim, means we can't get the nice spread effect that's possible with A_FireBullets when autoaim is active. This is certainly not a new issue; as I remember, Xaser and crew were hoping for a good solution to this issue with the Hacx Cryogun when switching from hitscans to projectiles. As far as I'm aware, no real answer has been found yet.

I'm more bugged about the hand grenades. Since they're not a weapon, the engine won't allow WEAPON.NOAUTOAIM to be applied... I've exploded myself more than a few times when trying to throw grenades while an enemy is higher or lower than I am. This issue is one of the main reasons I tried to suggest an engine feature to let autoaim be controlled by individual action codepointers instead of by that flag, and yet here I am almost two years later...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I suppose, then, that the only thing I really can do at this point is to say that, while I'm not against the use of autoaim as a feature, you should know that it does not represent the mod as I intended it.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I am fully aware it is not intended. That's not going to stop me from using the options I choose to use. In fact, I believe that is the entire point of options. I do express appreciation that you don't actively stop it for no good reason, like Golden Souls does. Forcing a user not to use certain options is terrible form; a point I believe you agreed with me on previously (specifically regarding disabling freelook).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”