Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Post by Captain J »

Lava Grunt wrote:This mod is very balanced, that's one of the things I like about it so much. One thing I notice whether I'm playing with voxels or not, is that the ammo pickups are inconsistent with the casings the weapons eject. It would be cool to see higher definition for them.
well, i say. if voxelbro is online or other people who talented to voxel spriting can refine them. i always thought it was still not enough, too. anyway i was used to be going to refine 'em, but slab6 just caused my computer a BSoD somehow.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Lava Grunt wrote:One thing I notice whether I'm playing with voxels or not, is that the ammo pickups are inconsistent with the casings the weapons eject. It would be cool to see higher definition for them.
I like this because it allows me to distinguish easily between what I can pick up and what I can't on the fly. Doom can get pretty chaotic.

Also, I finally remembered what it was I wanted to post, so I'm leaving this suggestion here right here right now: IMO, zombiemen should always drop a randomspawner with the clip weighted heavily against the spare pistol (and both have 100% chance to drop). This would prevent such things as a run of zombiemen either dropping both the clip and the pistol at the same time or nothing at all, and definitely guarantee that the player always reaches the middle ground (if not an eventual upgrade) and thus a fair refill from a spate of pistol guys. Not sure if the revolver should be on the same randomspawner since it is much rarer anyway.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Zhs2 wrote:Also, I finally remembered what it was I wanted to post, so I'm leaving this suggestion here right here right now: IMO, zombiemen should always drop a randomspawner with the clip weighted heavily against the spare pistol (and both have 100% chance to drop). This would prevent such things as a run of zombiemen either dropping both the clip and the pistol at the same time or nothing at all, and definitely guarantee that the player always reaches the middle ground (if not an eventual upgrade) and thus a fair refill from a spate of pistol guys. Not sure if the revolver should be on the same randomspawner since it is much rarer anyway.
Hmm. Should I make the zombieman drop two randomspawners at once, or perhaps nest one inside the other, so that if the randomspawner comes up as "revolver" it'd then decide whether to drop ammo or the gun?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

wildweasel wrote:or perhaps nest one inside the other, so that if the randomspawner comes up as "revolver" it'd then decide whether to drop ammo or the gun?
this, doubled taste means doubled refilling goods.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

If the revolver is meant to be that rare, I'd say dropping ammo is a bit of a 'fuck you' when playing wads highly lacking in chainsaws... That's a non-issue though. I'm all for the plan with one randomspawner dropping either a clip, pistol, or revolver.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

I always find myself using the normal shotgun more often than the supershotgun,like its more precise since all bullets are focused in one spot instead of a horizontal line and its quite powerful even when i shoot an ennemy from afar.

The supershotgun on the other hand,feel a bit nerfed,it still has near the same firepower than the vanilla version at close range but the bullets are spread much more widely than the vanilla version which make it less powerful from a longer range.i understand that it was probably made to make the weapon a bit more realistic since a sawed off shotgun does that,but if the point of the supershotgun is originaly supposed to feel stronger than the normal shotgun in firepower then at least increase its firepower a bit,even a single canon shot from the SS feel weaker than a shot from the normal shotgun.

Like that the supershotgun will feel useful again.

I tested the weapons on a cyberdemon to see the differences in firepower/number of shots and i did it at point blank range to make sure every bullets hit him.

(all tested on cyberdemon at point blank range)
vanilla shotgun: near 67 shots
vanilla SuperShotgun: 20-21 shots
wwdn shotgun (with no aim): 27-29 shots
wwdn shotgun (aim):27-29 shots
wwdn SuperShotgun: 21-22 shots

wwdn shotgun with aim from a certain distance : 29 shots
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

When you say "super shotgun," are you referring to the double barrel or the pump action? The pump action is the Super Shotgun's replacement. I switched them.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I think he meant about the one barreled pump action hunting shotgun. obvious, but pretty confuse to hear.

So i always call it as the hunting shotgun, just like i said before.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

I was reffering to the double barreled.

I see so the pump action is the SS now,but i still think that the double barrels feel kinda useless once i get my hand on the pump action.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

But it does useful when your hunting shotgun is out of ammo while you're against with horde of weak monsters. Also, cannot underestimate the fastest fire rate than hunting shotgun, too.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

The normal (double barrel) has really good push-back though.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I hope you don't mind Weasel, but I did something.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20141023_183938.png
Screenshot_Doom_20141023_183938.png (76.44 KiB) Viewed 584 times
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:I hope you don't mind Weasel, but I did something.
What did you do?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Accessories to Murder made compatible for Brutal Doom Lite. BFG catches things on fire, making it quite useful, electric sledge turns things to ash, and for some reason, the revolver likes to make everything splode.

EDIT: Revolver, Why do you like to make Baron's splode? I also would like to add that Chain gun is OP as hell with Brutal Doom, and the Trench gun is like a sniper. Brutal Doom with this mod makes it hard to progress, but it's a lot of fun.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Accessories to Murder made compatible for Brutal Doom Lite. BFG catches things on fire, making it quite useful, electric sledge turns things to ash, and for some reason, the revolver likes to make everything splode.

EDIT: Revolver, Why do you like to make Baron's splode? I also would like to add that Chain gun is OP as hell with Brutal Doom, and the Trench gun is like a sniper. Brutal Doom with this mod makes it hard to progress, but it's a lot of fun.
If you're planning on making that available to download, all I ask is that credit be given to me and Doom Nukem, and that it require the original file(s) to run. Mostly, though, I would kind of prefer that players give the standard mod a chance first, since I've tried my hardest to make it work well on its own.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”