Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
romancochi94

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Post by romancochi94 »

Is there a way to disable those Voxels?
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Either enter r_drawvoxels 0 in the console, or enter +r_drawvoxels 0 in a shortcut.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I played XWeapon before I even knew this mod, so I expected it to be just as relentless, but it seems to be the right difficulty for me. With this, I can beat Doom2 at UV. With XWeapon, I definitly can't.

Weapons are nice, enemies to. The only thing I more or less want in there are ricochet-sounds for the bulletpuffs, but maybe I'm just too used to them.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it's very finely balanced, i agree, and each weapon actually serves a useful purpose, with the possible exception of the Sawed-Off (i feel its job of firing off a few quick rounds can easily be replicated with the Dualies or Revolver.) and the Sledgehammer is ironically the best weapon to deal with bosses in certain circumstances.
User160971235

Post by User160971235 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:it's very finely balanced, i agree, and each weapon actually serves a useful purpose, with the possible exception of the Sawed-Off (i feel its job of firing off a few quick rounds can easily be replicated with the Dualies or Revolver.) and the Sledgehammer is ironically the best weapon to deal with bosses in certain circumstances.
I believe wildweasel said himself that the primary function of the Sawed-Off is to push monsters back when they get too close. Regardless, I usually find use in it for quickly picking off two successive zombies/imps at mid-range, minimizing the longevity of hitscans/fireballs coming your way (compared to the pump-action of Trench Gun maybe allowing one of the enemies to start firing in the meantime)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, I actually didn't like the sawn off being the regular shotgun at first, but I see its purpose now. It's good for that one-two shot to take out weaker enemies like you said, or knock back pinkies getting too close so you can get a followup shot in. Though once I find the regular shotgun I usually stick with that.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I like the Sawed-Off/Trench Shotgun setup for, if nothing else, shaking up player expectations. :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

NeuralStunner wrote:I like the Sawed-Off/Trench Shotgun setup for, if nothing else, shaking up player expectations. :P
And that's pretty much what I do in all of my mods. =P
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i think i dislike the Sawed-Off because of its somewhat unreliability to kill a Imp in one shot. of course, that makes it more like the regular Doom shotgun, but i found the Trench to be much more useful overall.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Well, i thought sawed off was least useful to be a sidearm when trench gun out of ammo in a mean business.

Oh, also it's something different and opposite, after all.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

The SawedOff is my favourite, actually. I love the gameplay-style of it. The Trenchgun isn't bad, but I enjoy playing with the SawedOff way more.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I played all the way through Ultimate Doom with this mod *because* I like the feel of the Sawed-Off in place of the normal shotgun. A reason not to use the Trenchgun (e.g. not having it) makes you appreciate the alternative all that much more.
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

Lovely mod! A really great mod, and I like to play it with Doom. I'm just curious though, do you have any plans for any new mods? Or any new features or additions to this mod? If so, well I'm just so giddy thinking about new features!

Dual-wielding pistols.... or dual-wielding revolvers... or dual wielding sawed-off shotguns! :D Oh boy, that just makes me feel extremely excited at that thought!
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

So I realized why the Sledgehammer was useless for me, turns out I had an older version of the mod...
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

This mod is very balanced, that's one of the things I like about it so much. One thing I notice whether I'm playing with voxels or not, is that the ammo pickups are inconsistent with the casings the weapons eject. It would be cool to see higher definition for them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”