[Sound] revo794's stash - Doing work on requests!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
revo794

[Sound] revo794's stash - Doing work on requests!

Post by revo794 »

This thread was created so I could publish all of my sound projects here for use and avoid making a separate thread each time, which would definitely save some space in Resources subforum and make navigation more convenient.

Equipment rustling sounds
Made with military backpack and a pair of pants, these suit fine to inventory actions or player jumping, vaulting and running. Equalizing and noise reduction were kept minimal so you could edit them in any way you want. Jogging sounds have to be merged.

Sounds for menu design: set №1 and set №2
Used, apparently, for decorating your menus. But be advised, while set №2 is a WAD file and includes the defined SNDINFO, set №1 is an archive with sounds only, so you'll have to define them yourselves.

Radio noise sounds: set v1.0
These sounds were created to help simulating a simple radio. Technically, they're just modelled noise. You can use them if your mod involves radio objects or if you need to decorate your voice with these effects.

Gunshots!: set v2.0
This is, quite obviously, a growing collection of various gun sounds. Most of these sounds are heavily edited samples from Battlefield Play4Free, so I shall give 95% of the credit to the person who designed that game's delicious soundscapes. You will hear gunshots of different distances and, for some, additional stuff like reloading or pump clicking.

Weapon pickups: set v1.0
As per Dynamo's request, weapon pickups pack is here for use. Actual bolt/pump sliding sounds are not present right now (that's not what you do immediately after picking the weapon up), but I'll include them in later versions if so somebody asks. This version focuses on clothes-y rustling instead.

Starship Troopers game sound extract. The sound content is not particularly interesting or just even well done to my taste, but has incredible use in the monster sounds area, especially since the game is such a dark horse and hasn't been mined for SFX a lot.

Bloodline game sound extract. Again, the game is a darkhorse so much that hardly anybody knows it anymore, and the sound content is what you call Lo-fi, but nevertheless could be of interest when looking for unusual monster sounds or intentionally lo-fi content.

Original Call of Duty and CoD: United Offensive sound extracts. Both archives contain the essential assets for a neat, old school sound design. I especially recommend the ambients, which are a gem in their own rights.

*More to come here*

In case the downloading page is not in English for some reason, the button you have to click is marked with a downwards arrow.

Feel free to request things! Most of my work is request-based, and by doing so you might also do a favor for others.
Last edited by revo794 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
revo794

Re: [Sound] revo794's stash

Post by revo794 »

Updated with radio noises and gunshots.
revo794

Post by revo794 »

Update: gun sounds set, version 2
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Definitely useful stuff :) Can't believe it's been almost a year without comments. Hope to see more.

Any chance you could make weapon pickup sounds?
revo794

Post by revo794 »

Now I should apologize for the ungodly delay and finally supply people with some weapon pickups.
revo794

Re: [Sound] revo794's stash - Doing work on requests!

Post by revo794 »

Updated with Starship Troopers game sound extract, all notes above.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Many apologies for interrupting, but do voice act or anything? I need a voice for a Thief enemy type.

[CREDITS GO TO: HorrorMovieGuy for the idea.]
revo794

Post by revo794 »

Is it for your/his project? Depends, since unless the mod is not very serious in intent or if you just plain don't prefer it, it's often much easier to simply use voices from other games. If that's impossible, feel free to send me the specifications and I'll throw together an example. Otherwise, I don't do stock voice effects for the sheer lack of situations where they really do fit within the sound design already formulated for a project.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

revo794 wrote:Is it for your/his project? Depends, since unless the mod is not very serious in intent or if you just plain don't prefer it, it's often much easier to simply use voices from other games. If that's impossible, feel free to send me the specifications and I'll throw together an example. Otherwise, I don't do stock voice effects for the sheer lack of situations where they really do fit within the sound design already formulated for a project.
It's for a project I'm working on. It's supposed to be (I don't want to speak for everyone here) a serious mod. And I'll fill you in on the details in PM. K?
revo794

Post by revo794 »

Updated with Bloodline game sound extract, all notes above.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

revo794 wrote:Updated with Bloodline game sound extract, all notes above.
Are the voices from the Czech version?
revo794

Post by revo794 »

No, the voices are in Russian.
revo794

Post by revo794 »

Updated with more sound extracts.

Return to “Resources”