Widescreen statusbars (v2401)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Widescreen HUDs for Doom II PWADs

Post by NightFright »

New version uploaded.

Changelog:
- Added HUDs for Eternal Doom III (with MAPINFO), Speed of Doom, Vanguard
- Also added: HUDs for DWANGO5, GothicDM 1+2, Odessa 14, Polygon Base, The Sky May Be and STRAIN (made by PSTrooper)
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

Nice. I sure wasn't dedicated enough to go and make ones for every PWAD out there. I did make one for PSX Doom though, but you've already covered that

(I did also do Final Doom PSX though so I might as well include that here)

EDIT: Whoops, this PK3 is actually more robust than just the wide Final Doom PSX hud. It makes PSX Doom auto-select the right status bar depending on whether it's Doom/Doom 2 or one of the Final Doom episodes. Also makes the intro fire cover the widescreen areas too. And it also changes the SBARINFO so the HUD isn't so vertically squished. I understand not wanting all of that, but you can get the graphics from it anyways.
PSXFDHUD.PK3
-Selects Final Doom HUD if on Final Doom
-Selects Final Doom SSG if on Final Doom
-Widescreen status bars
-Widescreen intro fire
(36.39 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
EDIT: Whoops, the file was broken. It's not now.
EDIT2: Added selecting the Final Doom SSG sprite if on Final Doom. (Note: won't work if you have PSXSSG.pk3)

I noticed that you noticed that Plutonia 2 had the extra 1px row at the bottom. I think I know why it's there, it gets rid of the 1px-yellow line of HOM on the bottom many resolutions get in ZDoom. The 1px line of black instead is a lot harder to notice.
Last edited by MG_Man on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
francis247uk

Post by francis247uk »

Many thanks for those MG_Man, is there any way of integrating them into the PSX Doom for PC TC Wads?

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/5 ... -released/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/6 ... available/
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

Just load it at the end of all the other WADs. Or just rename it to PSXFDHUD.PK3 if you don't want to edit any config files to load it. Just be careful though that it removes the Williams intro (I made the wad for personal use and I decided the fire was a lot cooler than the Williams intro)

If you want to actually add it to the main PSXDOOM.PK3 just copy all the files from the HUD pk3 and make sure they overwrite the old ones. But if you just name it PSXFDHUD.pk3 it will autoload without altering the file.

I posted it in the main doomworld thread in case the dev wanted to add it for real (for more authenticity) but I guess it got ignored.

EDIT: The file I linked in the old post was broken. I fixed it.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

Here are 10 more that I did, as well as fixes for odessa and skymaybe.

Some of them used an unmodified doom hud, so it was real easy to just place over the existing widescreen hud.

I'm just trying to get the easy ones knocked out of the way.
hikari47

Post by hikari47 »

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but is it possible for a widescreen HUD to be made for Batman Doom?
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

I actually made one for Batman Doom, but never released it, but yeah here you go. I held off on releasing more of these I've made because I wanted to see how these would look on a 21:9 screen, but I never got around to getting it. I'll release the rest I've made when I finish doing them for all the "top 100 wads of all time" that use custom HUDs.
hikari47

Post by hikari47 »

Thanks, it works though I did had an issue using the autoload function on ZDoom but it could be my settings. Also, can we do something about the link to the HUD pack on the first page? The Rapidshare link for the pack is dead.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

Luckily I sill had all the zip's contents saved, even though I'm not the curator for this project. Note this doesn't include 10 huds i did a few posts up, since NightFright I guess stopped working on this after I posted those.
Last edited by PSTrooper on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hikari47

Post by hikari47 »

Thanks for re-uping these.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Sorry for the long absence. I have integrated all the missing HUDs and reuploaded the file over at Mega.

Changelog v1.7:
- Added: Action Doom, Aliens TC, Army of Darkness TC, Batman Doom, Chosen, Fava Beans, Hell Revealed, Herian 2, Jarjar's Last Pineapple Fritter, RTC3057, The Trooper's Playground (made by PSTrooper)
- Updated: Odessa 14, The Sky May Be
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

Hey Nightfright is there any chance you could please upload those on another site,I always have trouble with Mega.Thanks
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Fair enough. I have added two mirrors. Dunno how good these providers are, but hopefully you'll manage to get the file at least from one of them.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

The Vanguard bar is identical to the one used by Deus Vult II, fyi.
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

NightFright wrote:Fair enough. I have added two mirrors. Dunno how good these providers are, but hopefully you'll manage to get the file at least from one of them.
Thanks for doing this for me Nightfright I am looking foward to using these,is there any possible way you please do a wide screen hud for ultimate torment and torture.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”