Doom: The Golden Souls ["Even More Definitive Edition" OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta 1.6.5][THE END IS NEAR]

Post by Batandy »

Testing some new assets
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

looking hella good so far, also i really like those details on trees 'n plants(well, also BG, too. but i don't wanna tell about it, though.)!
Average

Post by Average »

Great stuff as always. Between this project and Hocus it's a great time to like colour in your WADs!

Will this be an IWAD once it's finished? I'd be interested to see if others could make maps in this style... :)
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

It cant be an IWAD because it uses modified doom resources.
EDIT: I mean, legally.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

hey about the secret or special levels, they will be available from start or they will be unlock after end the main campain? i do hope they no come as DLC :P
Batandy

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Pre-Release is Out!!!]

Post by Batandy »

Pre-Release version is out!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ha8r6 ... ase_v2.pk3
Gez

Post by Gez »

Pre-release avaiable now!
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Question: why does every gun have the NOAUTOAIM flag? Shouldn't it be the user's choice whether or not to use autoaim?

I also noticed the map for Jolly Jungle gives it the title of "Creepy Chateau". Surely, this is an error?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Got a crash to desktop when attempting to save in Starry Night. I was playing this on GZDoom 1-8-06.

The console showed this btw.
Spoiler:
Saving outside the level is fine, but not inside it.

Also, I sometimes get this while playing.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Cryomundus on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Could be an engine error. Try something newer and see if the problem persists.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Yep. It was a engine error. Used the newest build and I could save within the level just fine. Dunno yet about the 2nd thing I added to my post yet, though time will tell with that one.

Edit: And I got the same crash to desktop. This time while making a new save. I could save over existing files, but apparently I cannot make new saves.

Played with gzdoom-G1.9pre-790-gc30cfb3 in the level "Lucy In The Sky With Coins"
Spoiler:
Last edited by Cryomundus on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

righteously redical, my bump could be help for anyone who waited for this moment to play it at last! :D
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

And got a different crash this time, though this was after buying a mega armor and re-entering the level "Lucy In The Sky With Coins". It just does not like saving for me.
Spoiler:
Also found some oddities while playing but I'll post those once I'm done.

Edit: For the record, I really, really like this, otherwise I wouldn't keep playing with how often it crashes for me. :D

Edit2: And now a crash with my first save deleted, again with a "Could not realloc bytes" error. Good thing I like multiple saves. This is a weird one tho, never had a save disappear on me. All in "Lucy In The Sky With Coins", btw.
dukenume

Post by dukenume »

Hi there, i must say you tend to crash a lot during saves because that map was really "intensive". May i have a screenshoot of the exact position where you save and the game crashes? Also, what are your PC Specs, i can save in all spots on that map with a dual core, 2 gb of ram and a crappy gpu.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Ed the Bat wrote:Question: why does every gun have the NOAUTOAIM flag? Shouldn't it be the user's choice whether or not to use autoaim?

I also noticed the map for Jolly Jungle gives it the title of "Creepy Chateau". Surely, this is an error?
Weird, i just tested jolly jungle and it works fine... i'll check all the scripts later just to be sure
The game is meant to be played without autoaim, so i enabled that flag

Could not realloc bytes happens with big maps when the engine's out of memory to save the game, load etc.
Please make sure to have the latest Gzdoom dev build from http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

If the problem persists, please tell me what map are you running when it crashes,the dev version of Gzdoom you're using, any particular spot, any particular fps drop, anything could help so i can edit stuff out, optimize all the maps
Cryomundus wrote:And got a different crash this time, though this was after buying a mega armor and re-entering the level "Lucy In The Sky With Coins". It just does not like saving for me.
Please can you tell me your pc specs? i'm expecially talking about ram. I've tested the mod with 16GB of ram, and a friend of mine with a 2GB ram pc,this is a pretty heavy mod, so it could have some errors on lower end pcs

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”