[WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: [WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Post by Endless123 »

"Sorry man, but I'm an incredible Doom lover and I would hate Doom to change that much. From me you have a thumbs down."
Sorry to tell you that be a real Doom lover will play many mods and won't judge other Doom players by the mod types they made or play. it's sooooooooo easy to say that a mod sucks but it's a lot harder to make a mod everyone will like. That's why this forum exists. Here you can find a mod for every tastes from joke wads to really odd ones to the most enjoyable ones. You don't like a mod? Well no worry i'm sure if you search this forum a bit you will find mods that will suit your likings.

I play this mod for a long time and even if it's not like any other Doom mod it's still one of these mods i will never get tired of it. Yeah it's like a Halo-clone and yes it's a hard mod and yes the enemies are moving incredibly fast but it's no big deal though. There is many mods based on other popular games for Doom and it's one of the reason why old timers like me still enjoy playing Doom even if it's a really old game. The diversity of the Doom mods is what's make the game so fun to play.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

But I do not understand why I can't share my opinion about this mod even when I don't like it. I would just like to highlight a few things because in the future we (may) see a simplistic, real Doom mod. If I don't like a mod I'm rude? Now someone would ask what the heck I'm saying, but with what I saw here, it's exactly this. If you don't like a mod you are rude and you need to get your ass out of here. I agree with the second part, but not with the first. I'm just another human that has different opinions like everyone else. What's exactly wrong with that? Even if I dislike something at least someone would found it funny, nice, excellent or whatever. The gameplay style of this mod is just not me. There's no need to start calling me a newbie or whatever. I would appreciate if someone could at least be nice with me and explain why with kind words he disagrees, but no, the answers are: "You know nothing about modding. Get outta here. Don't play my mods then."

Okay, you disagree, so I do. I don't like this. There's no need to start this discussion again, alright? :)

I just want to be kind and nice with everyone. I hope this explains what I'm trying to say. :D
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Onar4241 wrote:I really doubt you know in what game you are modding.
Onar4241 wrote:but no, the answers are: "You know nothing about modding. Get outta here. Don't play my mods then."
Because that's EXACTLY what YOU said. Don't be a hypocrite, and don't bash another author's work because you disagree with their vision. Critique them if there are ways they can improve their vision. Otherwise make your own and leave the others alone.

Or even simpler: Until you've got a few years and some mods under your belt, don't presume you have clout to tell anyone how they should go about their own work.

8-)
MagSigmaX

Post by MagSigmaX »

Onar4241 wrote:Hey man.

I played your mod for a few hours and I have to say it wasn't quite what I expected. I saw all those aggressive comments in here and decided to download this when I realized it was a Halo clone, with inspirations from modern game design, uber-realistic particle effects and other stuff like this.

I really doubt you know in what game you are modding, and because I don't know what's going here and everyone is that aggressive, but this is Doom. Doom should be simple, ridiculous and gory, but this mod just removes everything from Doom and makes me feel I'm playing a different game. I played some other mods too like, Real Guns Advanced, Brutal Doom, and a few others and all of them just remove all of Doom's signs and taking Doom into a way too serious level with uber-realistic, futuristic effects, over-powered levels and incredible annoyance of reloads etc.

Get all mad you want, but this is just completely ridiculous.

I would like to note what can change here and make this into a real Doom mod, but because I'm not a modder myself and because it will also take this mod into a completely different level, I will not.

Sorry man, but I'm an incredible Doom lover and I would hate Doom to change that much. From me you have a thumbs down.
The whole point of the mod is mixing some modern FPS gameplay features with Doom's fast paced combat. If you don't like that, I can't do anything about it.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

But I do not understand why I can't share my opinion
Having an opinion is good, forcing it onto others is not.

Please don't do the same mistake i made when i released my first mod here because things got a bit out of controls and i had to learn that the opinions of others are as good as mine and i had to accept the fact that i'm not always right and the others aren't always wrong. If an old timer like me can learn that i'm sure you can too. There are great modders on this forum and if you take the time to calmly listen to them i'm sure you will enjoy this forum a lot more than you do now.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

So the download link doesn't work anymore. I get a "File Blocked for Violation" error.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Yutrzenika wrote:So the download link doesn't work anymore. I get a "File Blocked for Violation" error.
if you are talking about PMSX download link it's still working but the download speed is kinda low for mediafire. If you want it i could upload it to Google Cloud and send you the link. This mod is really good and challenging it would be a shame if no one can download it anymore.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Endless123 wrote:
Yutrzenika wrote:So the download link doesn't work anymore. I get a "File Blocked for Violation" error.
if you are talking about PMSX download link it's still working but the download speed is kinda low for mediafire. If you want it i could upload it to Google Cloud and send you the link. This mod is really good and challenging it would be a shame if no one can download it anymore.
It's working again, actually. Weird.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Not that weird ... it's MediaFire after all :P
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I've been playing this mod for a little while with the brutalized doom maps, And i must say its actually quite good and challenging it puts me in the mind of crysis, from me it's
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

This mod is amazing. I usually dont like the new FPS features, but this is so great. The only thing I miss... be able to turn invisible!!!
sycspysycspy

Post by sycspysycspy »

Naitguolf wrote:This mod is amazing. I usually dont like the new FPS features, but this is so great. The only thing I miss... be able to turn invisible!!!
Crysis is epic and it is just another "milestone" in RTS history like doom like wolf 3d, it demonstrate us real-time PC game graphic can be so close to the reality.
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

I really like Crysis gameplay. Only I wish more aliens enemies and more proyectile to dogde. Hehe, maybe a addon to tweack the mod to resemble more and more to Crysis (+sounds, voices from suit, etc..)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I just have to say... this is one of the most epic mods in the history of EVER! The animations are so smooth, the weapons are kickass, and the creatures are quite balanced (well, mostly...)!

I just have a few questions/suggestions...

- Will you release an expansion pack for Project MSX that will add more weapons for us to use? It'd be really cool if we could use weapons like some of the creatures from the extra badass expansion pack (like the gatling shotgun the Berserker has, or the standard chaingun that the Shock Trooper has, and maybe a grenade launcher and more BFGs/explosive weapons/energy guns), but just about any new weapon would be really awesome to have! I have an idea for a small arm blaster that runs on aux power...

- Could you slow Kabro movement speed by about 30% and reduce their firing/melee attack speed by about 20% (I heard someone reduced their movement speed by 15% and it didn't work out so well...)? I've been able to deal with them in hordes, but if the hordes are too big, I get murdered in about two seconds flat.

- Would it be possible to remove the pentagram image from the title screen? I know... this is Doom, and people feel it necessary to put satanic imagery on the front page... but, to me, Project MSX is more like a technologically advanced version of Doom... and seeing that pentagram there kind of takes away from the overall feel of the game. It'd be cool if there were some gameplay screenshots or a technological backsplash (maybe like a circuit chip surface animation?) to view...

- It'd be awesome if the MORPH S-10 armor could use cloaking... it'd be cool if it could be an ability that runs on aux power (like sprint, mega punch, grenade fastball, evade, high jump...). Debuffs would be that aux-power abilities and weapon firing (NOT standard melee) would each automatically disable cloaking. Maybe it can consume up to 3 aux power per second?

Other than that, this mod is PERFECT! I heard that aux-powered night vision and an arm blade were probably going to be implemented in Project MSX... please keep those!

Thank you for this wonderfully awesome mod! Keep up the awesomeness!

- DoomKrakken

EDIT 11/16/14: Can you make it so that Health Stims and Shield Boosters don't count toward the "items collected" count, since the player can only hold a limited amount at a time? I'm playing this with KDIZD, and there is a secret level that can only be accessed after I get a cumulative total of 90% kills, 90% items, and 90% secrets for every level preceding it. I've gotten so good at Project MSX (well, Easy mode, that is... XD) that I rarely need to use Health Stims and Shield Boosters, but what sucks is that once I'm at full capacity, I can't achieve the full items count. It gets really annoying going around to find Health Stims and Health Packs and Shield Boosters, to then hurt myself in order to collect every one of them.
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nrmlfishrwhalespum

Post by nrmlfishrwhalespum »

download link is not working re upload plox

Return to “Gameplay Mods”