[Alpha] Error: Doom

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Alpha] Error: Doom

Post by rollingcrow »

Really fun. :D
But there's a few issues I've found in the alpha so far:
- One of the powerups (I think the Berserker one) sometimes causes you to be invincible after it expires.
- The same powerup's altfire effect isn't widescreen friendly.
- The Lost Soul's bowling ball cannon corpses stay suspended in midair.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

NuroGL wrote:Brutal doom lite should be more compatible with this!
Why? Would it kill you to play it like it was made? :?
Project_Hellbane

Post by Project_Hellbane »

Lol, it is hilarious to play through doom 2 iwad, I did with every monster replaced with skittles and 25x monsters. Is it a glitch or a feature that ayou can run through the monsters?
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Feature.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Se7eNytes wrote:- One of the powerups (I think the Berserker one) sometimes causes you to be invincible after it expires.
Running out of Nyan Power while you are Berserk results in your invulnerability not being reset on your original player actor, meaning you'll still be (permanently) invulnerable when you morph back. Might be a ZDoom bug. This is very prone to happening since Nyan Power does not last as long as the Berserker powerup does.

I know it wasn't directly mentioned, but the other Khorne Berserker bug of your health being reset to the wrong value when it wears off if you increase your health above 200% is apparently "not a bug". In that case, nothing I can do about it. Oh well.
Se7eNytes wrote:- The same powerup's altfire effect isn't widescreen friendly.
Ah, thanks for finding that one. Easy fix.
Se7eNytes wrote:- The Lost Soul's bowling ball cannon corpses stay suspended in midair.
Intentional, but since it looks like a bug normally, I think I'll make a new sprite for it which has the pool of random guts flying sideways =p
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Oh god this is awesome.

[discord_approved_by_ambris-d4ivln4.png]
Last edited by Jimmy on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Somehow, I would be insulted if my work was approved by an omnipotent jackass

heh
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

InsanityBringer wrote:Somehow, I would be insulted if my work was approved by an omnipotent jackass

heh
I am insulted, but for a different reason. How dare you compare me to My Little Pony.

But I'm glad to see that people enjoy my mod♥ Thanks for the feedback thus far, I'll be sure to fix some things when I pick it up again.

While there's downtime, I do still need ideas for an Icon of Sin replacement end boss...
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Pink Silver wrote:
InsanityBringer wrote:Somehow, I would be insulted if my work was approved by an omnipotent jackass

heh
I am insulted, but for a different reason. How dare you compare me to My Little Pony.
My apologies - I thought you were indifferent to the show. :P Was simply implying that the spirit of Chaos might enjoy this mod were he to play it. :lol:

Gotta say I'm having a lot of fun with this - love the customizability. It seems that however I configure the game at the start, the balance never seems too broken. Haven't tried anything too ridiculous yet, mind you. :P

/me fires up a game with 2000% speed with 200% damage multiplier and 25x monster spawns
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Jimmy wrote:My apologies - I thought you were indifferent to the show. :P
I was joking around. =p
Jimmy wrote:/me fires up a game with 2000% speed with 200% damage multiplier and 25x monster spawns
YES. Well, actually, the player speeds above like 500% are incredibly difficult if not impossible to control, so I might need to readjust the player speeds eventually.
Big C

Post by Big C »

TRIPLE CHAINGUN SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS.

IT ALSO PROPELS ME OFF CLIFFS.

I APPROVE.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Pink Silver wrote:
Jimmy wrote:/me fires up a game with 2000% speed with 200% damage multiplier and 25x monster spawns
YES. Well, actually, the player speeds above like 500% are incredibly difficult if not impossible to control, so I might need to readjust the player speeds eventually.
Yeah, it's barely playable but oh god is it fun. :lol:
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Updated link slightly. Multiplayer scoreboard now updates properly, and all of the weapon slots now have proper name tags. Will update again once I can come up with more monster ideas for the replacements menu.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”