DOOM TRIGGER [DEAD]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sinael

Re: DOOM TRIGGER v1.9 Available!

Post by Sinael »

LivingWithGames
Actually those are mine.
Hellstorm Archon wrote:Well, this is quite a bump, but I do have something to contribute:
If you want to point out to someone stuff that is not yours and in another thread, you should Link that thread, not quote it.
LivingWithGames

Post by LivingWithGames »

Sinael wrote:LivingWithGames
Actually those are mine.
Hellstorm Archon wrote:Well, this is quite a bump, but I do have something to contribute:
If you want to point out to someone stuff that is not yours and in another thread, you should Link that thread, not quote it.
You have quite the talent. Once again, nicely done.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Why has no one told kaos_2211 to use the edit button? Like, there's 7 posts by him in a row :\ ...
Welp, since no one did, I guess I can do it...
kaos_2211, please use the edit button.
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

phantombeta wrote:Why has no one told kaos_2211 to use the edit button? Like, there's 7 posts by him in a row :\ ...
Welp, since no one did, I guess I can do it...
kaos_2211, please use the edit button.
sorry to miss so many posts I am new to the forum :cry:
Last edited by kaos_2211 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

LivingWithGames wrote:
Sinael wrote:LivingWithGames
Actually those are mine.
You have quite the talent. Once again, nicely done.
Thank you! :3: friend! expected the next version is spectacular! :mrgreen:
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

Spoiler:
Hope that helps. :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Looks fun but i have one tiny problem ... my old monitor - which supports only resolutions up to 1024x768 - can't display the in-game graphics. I guess if i had a newer monitor i'd just have to increase the resolution but since i can't do that is there a way to play your mod with a non-hd monitor?
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

Endless123 wrote:Looks fun but i have one tiny problem ... my old monitor - which supports only resolutions up to 1024x768 - can't display the in-game graphics. I guess if i had a newer monitor i'd just have to increase the resolution but since i can't do that is there a way to play your mod with a non-hd monitor?

Thank you! I regret the inconvenience I'm doing everything possible to solve will be ready in a few days just bear with me :roll: :mrgreen:
ArmanAhmadi

Post by ArmanAhmadi »

Whoa, you made this all by yourself or you have a team? Overall, it's a great mod.
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

ArmanAhmadi wrote:Whoa, you made this all by yourself or you have a team? Overall, it's a great mod.
Thank you very much! This project was done myself. :3: :3: if I had a team would be more updates fast and flawless. :cry: :(
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Very good mod! just one question i was wondering if you was gonna do the same thing in Blzut3 ecwolf port? It would be interesting going on nazi killing rampage in a similar style :twisted:
Hoodlook

Post by Hoodlook »

LOVE IT. I love the use of an objective/goal system. Also the weapons(only got as far as level 2 of doom 2 and already love the mod)are well scripted and everything. I like how you have implemented gore... as one of the main things I hate when playing doom mods is killing monsters with awesome guns and seeing the boring old vanilla death animations.
The things that make this mod awesome are:
-Objective/Mission System
-Lots(not A LOT but more than 10 or 15) of new weapons that are fun to use
-Gore! NOT some crappy, unsatisfying minimalist gore either!
-Rank/Level/Point System! You are rewarded with new weapons each level!
-Not all toxic waste barrels are explosive, some are non-explosive and break open to drop health,armor and ammo bonuses.
-Smooth level transitions(fade in/fade out)
-Weapon spread system
I can see a LOT of potential in this already awesome project and I have a few suggestions on how you could improve it and make it EVEN BETTER.
-Make smoother and more realistic reload animation
-Since you have implemented a weapon spread system, you should add ironsights to the guns.
-Have varying death&gore animations for enemies
-Player speed should be cranked down a bit, I seem to walk at the speed if I was running and when I am running I am going lightning speed! I think most doom maps are far too small for such a high speed, so I think walking and running so fast just doesn't fit very well. Besides, I really like the running animation and how it shows your hands moving as you run and I think that most people won't be able to see that due to running being so unnecessary(at the super high speed that it is).
-Blast damage for explosives like the grenade and rocket launcher MUST BE INCREASED. One grenade or rocket should be able to kill 2-3 even 4 nearby enemies
I'll use a picture as an example of how explosives should work(in my opinion of course, but I'm sure most people can agree with me on this.)For example, if i threw a grenade or shot a rocket launcher in the middle of that room it should take out everyone within the radius shown(the circle of zombies)and badly damage anybody in that whole room.(Screenshot Taken From Doom 2's Level 3 Where The Chaingun Is Found)Image
Last edited by Hoodlook on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I agree, explosives could use a bit of a buff so they're good against groups. If you fired into that crowd you'd probably kill 3-4 of them per shot, depending on how close they get.

I think you should spend some time working on balance and polish before adding anything big. Enemy balance is mostly okay, but some enemies like the pinkies are way too aggressive and powerful. I've gotten killed by them by being too close a ledge and getting bitten from way below, dying in a few instantaneous bites. I also agree that the player speed should be turned down a bit, walking is too fast, and sprinting is way too fast to be useful; you can't really control where you're going when you sprint. Switching to the pistol randomly while sprinting is kind of annoying too.

For other suggestions, it'd be cool if we could gain other things from leveling up, like maybe a higher health/armor cap, more carrying capacity, etc.
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

Hoodlook wrote:LOVE IT. I love the use of an objective/goal system. Also the weapons(only got as far as level 2 of doom 2 and already love the mod)are well scripted and everything. I like how you have implemented gore... as one of the main things I hate when playing doom mods is killing monsters with awesome guns and seeing the boring old vanilla death animations.
The things that make this mod awesome are:
-Objective/Mission System
-Lots(not A LOT but more than 10 or 15) of new weapons that are fun to use
-Gore! NOT some crappy, unsatisfying minimalist gore either!
-Rank/Level/Point System! You are rewarded with new weapons each level!
-Not all toxic waste barrels are explosive, some are non-explosive and break open to drop health,armor and ammo bonuses.
-Smooth level transitions(fade in/fade out)
-Weapon spread system
Spoiler:
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions for the entire DT v1.9 opinon is very important to me. thank you very much for playing my project and wait for 2.0 to be fantastic! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :3:
Last edited by kaos_2211 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

-Ghost- wrote:I agree, explosives could use a bit of a buff so they're good against groups. If you fired into that crowd you'd probably kill 3-4 of them per shot, depending on how close they get.

I think you should spend some time working on balance and polish before adding anything big. Enemy balance is mostly okay, but some enemies like the pinkies are way too aggressive and powerful. I've gotten killed by them by being too close a ledge and getting bitten from way below, dying in a few instantaneous bites. I also agree that the player speed should be turned down a bit, walking is too fast, and sprinting is way too fast to be useful; you can't really control where you're going when you sprint. Switching to the pistol randomly while sprinting is kind of annoying too.

For other suggestions, it'd be cool if we could gain other things from leveling up, like maybe a higher health/armor cap, more carrying capacity, etc.
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions for the entire DT v1.9 opinon is very important to me. thank you very much for playing my project and wait for 2.0 to be fantastic! :3: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by kaos_2211 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”