Friday the 13th: Make a map-set based on the NES game.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Friday The 13th: Jason's Doom [New Difficulties & Graph

Post by Kontra Kommando »

here is a redone version of Jason Vorhees that I edited earlier. I recolored him, and blurred the gradient.

I want to make a second version of Friday the 13th that looks more realistic; not a homage to LJN.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

NICE!

That looks awesome.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

D'aww. Needs... two things.

A zombie Jason variant. (One eye, cracked mask, battle damage)
Bloodied/Gored up death sprites.
Kontra Kommando

http://www.doomwadstation.net/2014/Friday/

Check out the review for this WAD at the doomwadstation.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Too bad they misspelled your name. You are now Kobra Kommando :P
Kontra Kommando

hahahah, I actually thought that sounded cool
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

How they dared to misspell your name !!! At least they made a nice review :P
Kontra Kommando

I was really happy about the 10 for design.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Oh man, I'm a massive Friday the 13th fan, so I'm definitely interested to see how this turns out in the future. That said, my big suggestion here is to make the NES-version level a 'secret level' or additional game-mode and go with a more Doom-like aesthetic for another map - it'll make stylistic consistency much, much easier if you're working with doom-quality textures/levels, especially when it comes to making weapons and sprites fit in.

That, and a mode to play as Jason - few people have ever gone to see a Friday the 13th movie to root for the victims :P.
Kontra Kommando

Mike12 wrote:Oh man, I'm a massive Friday the 13th fan, so I'm definitely interested to see how this turns out in the future. That said, my big suggestion here is to make the NES-version level a 'secret level' or additional game-mode and go with a more Doom-like aesthetic for another map - it'll make stylistic consistency much, much easier if you're working with doom-quality textures/levels, especially when it comes to making weapons and sprites fit in.

That, and a mode to play as Jason - few people have ever gone to see a Friday the 13th movie to root for the victims :P.
I'm glad you like the WAD, I'm planning on expanding on this in the future
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

It's definitely intense, if for no other reason than Jason is insanely fast, enough to put the movie Jason to shame with his almost zombie-like shuffling. Overall, short but brutal, and it had my heart racing. Good WAD. As for expansion, maybe you could make it a little like the NES Friday the 13th you got the material from where you look around in houses and caves and may or may not run into Jason.
Mike12 wrote: That, and a mode to play as Jason - few people have ever gone to see a Friday the 13th movie to root for the victims :P.
Sounds like this;

Kontra Kommando

MetroidJunkie wrote:It's definitely intense, if for no other reason than Jason is insanely fast, enough to put the movie Jason to shame with his almost zombie-like shuffling. Overall, short but brutal, and it had my heart racing. Good WAD. As for expansion, maybe you could make it a little like the NES Friday the 13th you got the material from where you look around in houses and caves and may or may not run into Jason.
Thanks man! I'm looking forward to making more progress with this WAD's development

Here is an excellent play through video by Larzuk.

He was able to defeat Jason on Nightmare! I'm astounded by his skill.
Kontra Kommando

Youtube user, Slashbane has made a playthrough of Friday the 13th: Jason's Doom. Enjoy!
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

it's great idea, i'd make the weapon sprites cartoonie though, I know you like them how they are now.
Kontra Kommando

Peter Bark wrote:it's great idea, i'd make the weapon sprites cartoonie though, I know you like them how they are now.

Actually, I'm not opposed to that idea, I just need to get around to it. Right now, I'm investing all my time into Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (TC). Afterwards, I plan to take this project a lot further.

In the future, I think it would make sense if I were to implement a stealth mechanic into this WAD.

Basically, you will face only jason throughout the entire map of Crystal Lake. Weapons will be lightly scattered throughout the entire map. Jason will wander around the map, looking for the player, but then eventually forgetting about them after a certain amount of time; reverting to the wander state. Like in this version, and in the films; he will return from the dead. In this map, he has about 2000 HP for each time he returns. Since the next version will be on a much grander scale, I'll probably boost it to 10,000 HP, for each time. Thus he will be 5 times harder to kill, but in a map which is 5 times larger.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”