[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

*teh winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone*
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

I just noticed that the brown with blood edge texture (used after E1M8 starts going hellish) seems to missing from the latest version of the resource wad.
Risen

Post by Risen »

TheDarkArchon wrote:change the "Cells fired" and "Cells collected" names to "Rifle bullets fired" and "Rifle bullets colleted" (Since cells are replaced by rifle bullets.)
If the final version of the rifle is going to stay like this, then I will make the change. We also need a modified status bar.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nightmare - Really? Did you really download the latest version? Because on the one on my HD - which I though, I uploaded - it is! :|

@Risen - Exactly!
Risen

Post by Risen »

As per music discussion a few pages ago:
I don't have any music to give you now, what I meant was that I would load in the music straight from Doom. Anyway, I spoke with Lexus about remixing the intermission and he is open to doing that if he has time. Right now he is waiting on upgrading his system in order to be able to do music, and then he will work on this for us. I estimate we are a month out from release (2 weeks of week 3, then testing) and he said that should be enough time. So for now I say we wait and see how that turns out.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Fine, I am okay with that!
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

alright, i'm getting tired of waiting for C-M, so i'm going to start tearing apart his part of the map now

@Tormentor: i seriously hope you dont really think M8 is done yet. destroyer, risen and i played through it just now and it has got to be the most horrible co-op experience i have had in a while. nothing unfixable, it just needs a lot of work
Risen

Post by Risen »

Intermission progress:
- Fixed a number of outstanding bugs. Thanks again to Bio and Destroyer for testing. Stat reporting from the maps is now confirmed to work properly.
- M6 exterior completed. M8 exterior begun.
- Commendations added. Each commendation is named for its specific goal. For instance, 100% kills is named "Extermination."
- Decided to add demerits as well. It is pretty much the same thing: 0% secrets is "Blind."

As for what all the commendations and demerits are, I am not going to reveal this now because trying to find them out by playing through the game adds a lot of replay value.
For now there are 20 possible commendations and 7 possible demerits. Some of them are exclusive, so don't expect to get them all at once. I would like to add more. If you have ideas, feel free to PM me.

I'm going out of town for a few days. This is the last time I will work on this before Saturday at the earliest.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Bio - Well, "Coop-Compatibily" is one of the words, I never got used to. I have absolutely no idea how to make it better because I never got used to those camera-things and stuff. But I think this state will happen to some other maps too and that's why I have already those "betatestweeks" after round 2 in mind, which also serve as coop-fixers.

@Risen - That sounds great :)
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

Bio Hazard wrote:alright, i'm getting tired of waiting for C-M, so i'm going to start tearing apart his part of the map now
Heh, all I would have said was just stick to the standard "theme" of each room and find some way of having a tank in the final area, active or inactive it doesn't matter. The rest is completly your decision. I haven't been on IRC in awhile because I've been busy these last few days.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Any news, screenshots or stuff for today?
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

The E1M1 music is awesome. Can I use it as the music for the first boss in my Crimson Sky project?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Not yet boss. School sucks :cry:

EDIT:
But I say that rusty ol' intermission graphic could use something. I mean c'mon, there's so much You can do on 320x200, and it could be more, well , tech. Here's somethign I created long ago:

:shucks:
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Heh, showoff :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Well, as I said that graphic is going to be dumped in favor of a completely new one. I built it quickly in order to have some components to work with in testing.

The new one will likely be 640x480.

Return to “Levels”