Since NMN has taken M6 which I was scheduled for in week 3, I will be finishing the intermap in week 3. I do believe I can finish the intermap as originally planned by the end of the time allotted for week 3. While I am very happy with the outcome of this so far, I really wanted to work on other maps again. If I have to spend more time on this, I fear that I won't touch any of the actual gameplay again!Tormentor667 wrote:tell me, why it is that much more work for you, what you have to do and how we can help you with that at all.
Things that still need finished in the intermap:
- Multiplayer testing yesterday (Thanks Bio/Destroyer!) revealed a few bugs to be fixed. I do not expect changes to affect the import code again.
- Sound issue, caused by cameras (and perhaps something else?) Hopefully this will be resolved in the related bug thread.
- Revised exteriors. Currently M1-M5, M7 are built. I have to finish M6 and build M8 and M9. I also need to build the terrain, it is very basic right now.
- Revise camera work. Current camera sequences are not at all up to par.
- Develop commendation system. I have good ideas for this.
- Create interface for other maps (specifically CREDIT) to access useful stat information.
- Develop final interface
- Add skyboxes, atmospheric effects, lighting...
- Testing, testing testing...
Things that will need rebuilt is a new map is added:
- Add map exterior
- Add camera sequences (2 required)
- Modify MAPINFO
- Modify elements for extended capacity:
- local/global variables
- dimensional converters
- cumulative stat reporting (including graphic modifications)
- map selectors
- Develop method for specifying a second secret map
- Review report screens to determine spacing
- Reposition graphics
- Modify report screens to accept variable placement based on map completion
Note for all mappers: please finalize your skyboxes! I need these by Friday so I can build the atmospheric effects for the intermap.