Widescreen Hexen Heretic Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kostov

Re: Widescreen Hexen Heretic Doom

Post by Kostov »

Bumping this so I can get this on any computer I need to have it on. It was so damn hard to find.

And to let others know this exists.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Wait wait wait. Does this have extended Hexen melee weapon arms too? I could sure use those. :o
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

@NeuralStunner All Hexen weapons are widescreen,not only meele. :)
And i want to thank author for this mod.This is the best thing since sliced bread.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Mhm.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I hear this is the ultimate widescreen WAD? You should consider adding Strife support using graphics from Strife: Veteran Edition.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Nash wrote:I hear this is the ultimate widescreen WAD? You should consider adding Strife support using graphics from Strife: Veteran Edition.
Strife's status bar is affected by this WAD. Is there anything else needed?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Oh, I didn't know Strife was already covered in the WAD because the thread title doesn't say Strife. I think the one in SVE kinda looks cooler but that's a subjective thing I guess.
Pelle123

Post by Pelle123 »

Oh man this mod is beautiful, and just what I've been looking for! Planning to play some HeXen on Youtube and this makes it look better :3:
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hey Doorhenge, I suggest you update you update your mod's packaging to use [wiki]filters[/wiki] to prevent things like being able to get the super shotgun in Doom 1.

Here, I've gone ahead and done it for you
Attachments
WideID.pk7.txt
Remove .txt from the extension
(195.16 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
masterkark

Post by masterkark »

Thank you Doorhenge and Nash, this mod worked like a charm. This is a must-have improvement to Heretic/Hexen/Strife and should be included with official GZDoom.
Malice

Post by Malice »

Doorhenge wrote:Wanted to get back into Hexen recently and am still amazed there not a Widescreen wad for it. So I made one! - using rotsprite and a lot of cutting and pasting.

The reason there's blank sprites in there is so there wont be seams in GL mode. Like how there's a seam in the top of the Hexen lifebar, and one in the Heretic skullcaps.
Is there a way to make this mod compatible with the High Resolution pack listed here?:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ture-pack/

Currently the hud breaks when the two are loaded together:

https://i.postimg.cc/m2xjLpCK/Screensho ... 230447.png

Cheers.
Malice

Post by Malice »

Malice wrote:
Doorhenge wrote:Wanted to get back into Hexen recently and am still amazed there not a Widescreen wad for it. So I made one! - using rotsprite and a lot of cutting and pasting.

The reason there's blank sprites in there is so there wont be seams in GL mode. Like how there's a seam in the top of the Hexen lifebar, and one in the Heretic skullcaps.
Is there a way to make this mod compatible with the High Resolution pack listed here?:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ture-pack/

Currently the hud breaks when the two are loaded together:

https://i.postimg.cc/m2xjLpCK/Screensho ... 230447.png

Cheers.
Proper link for bottom image:

https://i.postimg.cc/8s8txtmQ/Screensho ... 235037.png
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

The background textures aside the status bar, with default HUD scaling at 1920x1080, are ugly green stone in DOOM. In HeXen, the texture used matches well with the enhanced status bar and in Heretic, the skulls cover the join so it fits rather well. I realise this is a choice down to GDZoom's defaults; however, I would really like a simple grey texture that fits in, like the HeXen ones do.

So I have created an STBAR graphic for DOOM & DOOM2 that does just this; it's just the standard one with stuff from GRAY7 mixed in:
STBAR.png
STBAR.png 1920x1080.

This displays fine even as a DOOM format graphic in GZDoom, but it might be better left as a PNG for other source ports.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”