Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated June 1, 2014]

Post by Abba Zabba »

I suppose, though the semi auto needs a bit of a nerf for manual pump to truly shine.

EDIT: Maybe a chance for a live round to be ejected when you try and clear a jam...
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Is the alt reload (zoom) for Pistol only supposed to give one mag and no spare bullets? I just think it's odd, considering you can vaporize all of your ammo by changing the mags back and forth between pistol and SMG.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Somagu wrote:Is the alt reload (zoom) for Pistol only supposed to give one mag and no spare bullets? I just think it's odd, considering you can vaporize all of your ammo by changing the mags back and forth between pistol and SMG.
I noticed that too.

The changes to the chaingun made it even better. It seems to be ideal now. But there's a couple of warnings on startup of a "chaingun slow" entry in sbar.

The DERP could use it's own official controls under the HD controls listing. And maybe a remote control mode with an increasingly bloody screen overlay for display.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That was a spectacular failure to think that one through.

Will fix next update.

EDIT: As for the "ChaingunSlow" missing item, I notice that somehow the sbarinfo.bak.txt I had for the old HUD-less April Fool's joke last year somehow got slipped in to the pk7 file. Do you still get the error if you remove it? (I'd test this myself but this is one of those nights where I've ended up sleeping in the office due to a combination of poor planning and obsessive-compulsive reading about an area of law that will earn me exactly fuck-all dollars over the entire course of my career)

EDIT: Back home, implemented all fixes, I don't see any error but I can't be bothered to check if there had been an error before. Oh well, consider it fixed.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I apologize for the late response but yeah, removing it did clear it up. Also, about the SMG, do you think it can get the mystery mag ability the pistol has? I often find myself having to make fresh new mags when all I need is a few shots.
Spoiler: Off-topic
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated June 9, 2014]

Post by Matt »

Spoiler:
NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: You were only getting one pistol mag from converting one SMG mag, not two.
  • Bugfix: Accidentally moved some old backup and development files into the pk7.
  • Added small chance of spontanous jam in auto shotgun, to reflect unpredictable ammo.
  • Reduced chance of jamming on ZM66.
  • Added a little display on the HUD showing SMG mags next to your pistol mags, mirroring the SMG function.
  • Added a little display on the HUD showing side saddle ammo for the shotgun you are not using.
  • Zombies and imps wander more now.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Good stuff. I was about to say that it seemed the ZM66 jammed a bit often, glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

There's still one animation the SMG has that's missing a split second frame; I think it's the "no mags" animation when you remove a partially filled magazine and have no others to load.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Even worse, that reload doesn't even work. D:

(to fix on your local copy pending next update, go into dcpistol.txt and replace

Code: Select all

SMGG E 1 offset(0,39) ACS_NamedExecuteAlways("Reload",0,8,random(1,24))
with

Code: Select all

SMGG B 1 offset(32,50) ACS_NamedExecuteAlways("Reload",0,11,random(1,24))
)
marble

Post by marble »

I have been playing this a lot, and thought maybe i post some ideas.
So how about a fire extinguisher for the DERPbot?
also maybe being a way to stealth trough some enemies by killing them with the pulse rifle without triggering the chain reaction? killing zombies with it seems pretty silent, and being able to move unheard for a couple of rooms in a doom map would be both awesome and useful.
Arek_PL

Post by Arek_PL »

marble wrote:I have been playing this a lot, and thought maybe i post some ideas.
So how about a fire extinguisher for the DERPbot?
also maybe being a way to stealth trough some enemies by killing them with the pulse rifle without triggering the chain reaction? killing zombies with it seems pretty silent, and being able to move unheard for a couple of rooms in a doom map would be both awesome and useful.
something to allow player fight in more stealth way is good idea maybe mele atack at enemy what is not avare of player presence will instantly kill them (only small enemy like zombies and imps bigger will be still alive)
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I really don't think a stealth weapon is feasible in HD, especially not the thunder buster. Monsters wander too much, and the thunder buster, well...

Besides, the pistol won't alert things in some areas, which will help you for all of about 2 seconds before they crack off their retaliation.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Also note that in Real Life nothing dies instantly from a fractured neck unless it sends vertebrae fragments into, or contorts, the brain-stem in such a way as to shut down all lower brain functions. A broken neck is no guarantee of a "silent kill" either as, if the aforementioned brain-stem damage is not inflicted, all you are left with is a quadriplegic victim, dying, but not yet dead, and still able to speak and scream.
(trigger warning: TVTropes link)

That said, there's actually a bug in the zombie code that I really should have fixed years ago. Once fixed, stealth-killing those guys on Map01 will actually be possible.
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated June 16, 2014]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: SMG referred to nonexistent frame when reloading only from abstracted loose ammo/partial mags.
  • Bugfix: Above shitty reload did not actually even work.
  • Bugfix: Zombies would often completely skip their pain state animations.
  • Bugfix: Raised little-spectres didn't return to fuzzy renderstyle.
  • Ghost marines, archangels and friendly marines now draw attention to themselves.
  • Archangels now heal one hit whenever they heal. They are now virtually invincible.
  • Given that the SMG is not a bullpup, I've upgraded its bulk handling to be equal to a ZM66 with grenade launcher rather than without.
  • Added a separate check to see if the NullWeapon had been called for any reason, to remove the delay in switching weapons when you were just holding the weapon down for a moment.
  • Doubled chance of shotgun auto failure.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I'm not able to damage monsters with the pistol when I'm right next to them. I haven't tried any other weps but the zombie kept punching me while I fired every shot to no effect.

Bug: The burning barrel has this weird frame during it's explosion that's out of place; it's there with or without the sprite fix. It's a sprite of the regular barrel that's seen for a split second (or by destroying it while in freeze mode) that's also a bit too far to the right.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Fixed the first, can't notice the second.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”