[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

I get an error when compiling the script using Risen's ACS, gotten from here:

Code: Select all

Line 221 in file "script.acs" ...
 script.acs:221: levelinfo_start_time : Identifier has not been declared.
 >    mapstat[6] = (Timer() - GetLevelInfo(LEVELINFO_START_TIME))
 >                                                             ^

The ACS compiler did not compile your script.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Sounds like you're not using the most recent version of ACC, v1.33.

Grab it here: http://www.zdoom.org/files/utils/
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Since I was away for some time, I did happen to check for an updated ACC because I recalled something being said about new functions that Randy coded in, so I do in fact have 1.33.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

LEVELINFO_START_TIME has been removed due to uselessness. Remove

- GetLevelInfo(LEVELINFO_START_TIME)
to make it work.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

lan party in 16 hours, where are the most recent maps?

i have so far:

M5 (~9 pages old)
M7 (~7 pages old)
M9 (i think i have the most current version of this that can be had :) )
Intermap (okay, so its not co-op compatible yet...)
Last edited by Bio Hazard on Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

No-one seems to have submitted any week two maps yet. I'll try to have M4 ready within 16 hours, but I'm not guaranteeing it, since at least eight of those will consist of sleep :P.

IIRC only four maps were being worked on in week two, so you if you browse back through the thread to the end of week one you'll find the most recent versions of several of the levels.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Graf Zahl wrote:LEVELINFO_START_TIME has been removed due to uselessness. Remove

- GetLevelInfo(LEVELINFO_START_TIME)
to make it work.
So it's gonna be just this then?

mapstat[6] = (Timer())
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

It's 4:00 AM here and I think I can safely assume that no one is expecting E1M1 right about now?.. Good, then I shall go to sleep and upload it tomorrow (today) after a few finishing touches.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

NiGHTMARE wrote:My ideas in brief:

- Reward codes and new level to use them in, as already discussed.

- Real objectives. Some specific goals other than "find the key to open the door, then find another key to open another door" would help to spice up both gameplay and the storyline a bit.

- More gore. I was playing (well, with an average framerate of about 1 fps even at 320x200, more like watching) Cold As Hell today, and all the blood splats and dripping blood everywhere looks cool. Sick but cool. Same with the corpse variations in RTC-3057 hub 1.

- A few (emphasis on few) surviors in strategic locations. Maybe the odd scientist or a small group of marines (who of course die soon after you meet them).

- A super secret level. Possibly only accessed using a reward code. I just think it would be nice to add something *really* new... and who knows, maybe this prospect could attract dochist to help with the level design ;).

As you can see there's quite a lot of work there, and implenting it into "Phase I" would create a larger delay than many people would deem acceptable. Also, if we stick with the current work schedule, KDIZD should be ready around a week before Doom 1's 11th birthday on December 10th - which would make a great release date!

I personally wouldn't be contributing to a hypothetical "Shores of ZDoom" due to a conflict of interest with a similar project, so any work I did on "KDIZD Contributor's Cut" won't interfere with that in any way :).
Actually ... I like all those ideas and that's why I consider, adding some more weeks to this project, the question is just, if all of the persons in Round 2 have time for this, so what do you guys think?

And by the way, can you guys give me a list of latest map downloads and also a list of progress for week 2 (so far, it is over since yesterday, so I want to have a small report on that!)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, okay, I have time, so I did a progress list on the maps myself:

E1M1 - [missing?]
E1M2 - [missing?]
E1M3 - [missing?]
E1M4 - (for week 2) http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/Ze1m4.zip22
E1M5 - (for week 2) http://uk.geocities.com/nb_nmare/ze1m5.ZIP
E1M6 - [missing?]
E1M7 - (for week 3) http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... -ze1m7.zip
E1M8 - [missing?]
E1M9 - [missing?]
These are the only maps I found which have a "latest" status (could be under developement right now) but I am really not sure for the rest, so could EVERYBODY upload a "after week2" version of their map? I want all the episode's maps be placed in this list, and all for week 3 status!!!

Week Progressing List

WEEK1     WEEK2     WEEK3
E1M1    cccp_leha cccp_leha --------
E1M2    Tormentor --------  cccp_leha
E1M3    ellmo     ellmo    ellmo   
E1M4    Risen     Nightmare --------
E1M5    Nightmare --------  --------
E1M6    --------  cccp_leha Risen   
E1M7    --------  Tormentor Nightmare
E1M8    NMN        --------  Tormentor
E1M9    BioHazard NMN          --------
Is this the latest version?

Times:
Week 1: October 22th, till November 5th
Week 2: November 5th, till November 19th
Week 3: November 19th, till December 3rd

Link to latest Resource:
http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... zd1res.zip

@Risen - Could you be so kind and post the code for our maps once more and also the info on how to work with it in our maps? Unfirtunately I don't find it anymore, but I want to put it on the first page so it can be found easier!

Tormentor667's .plans Update
Okay, here we go: On December 3rd, all the maps must be finished concerning design, detail, gameplay, ammo/monster balance and everything else. So if you start working on week 3, consider this. Focus your power on these aspects and don't start adding new features for now!
After round 3 has been finished, we will immediately start with the "OOAK" phase ("One-Of-A-Kind" Phase) in which we will add those special things, requested in the last few pages, but I will write this down in some later stages of our round 2 developement. So hold on and get your work done till December 3rd!
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

E1M4 is coming soon, I promise :). I've almost finished fixing all the misalingnments, and the gameplay has been spruced up a bit too. However, since I don't know how to do some of the things that still need doing, someone else will need to add the finishing touches. Specifically:

- Add haze to the starting monorail ride
- Make the fans silent

Also, the gameplay wasn't really tested, so better balancing is almost certainly going to be needed.
Risen

Post by Risen »

I am working on the import code again today, it will be changing since I will be implementing the new .94 features that Randy implemented. I'll post as soon as I can. I'm on for M6 next week but until it shows up here I will keep working on the intermission.

Nightmare: Try using the silent sector thing. I know it works well for monsters, as I put it in a cache in M7.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Okay, but how do you actually use it? There doesn't seem to be anything on the Wiki about it.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Put it in the sector.
That's all.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

I did that, and it didn't seem to have any affect. It is thing type 9082, right?

Return to “Levels”