[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cortlong50

Re: [Fun] The Jimmy Jukebox!

Post by cortlong50 »

Jimmy wrote:
I've had it with ACS's constant attempts to thwart whatever I try to implement into this mod. With frightening consistency that borders on it having gained sentience, this mod has repeatedly deceived, deluded and defeated me. I've worked solidly at it for the last three days - a process which has deftly removed the very last minuscule trace of my own sanity. My brain has slowly melted into a strange pudding-like substance. My fingers have been whittled to the very marrow, and can scarcely amount the energy required to type this post. I'm a withered shell of a man. I have tried every workaround, trick and exploit I know of to make this thing work properly, time and time again, but it always manages to find something obscure and utterly unpredictable to throw at terminal velocity right back at my unsuspecting face. I am not just fed up with this mod, I am stuffed almost to the point of bursting with it.

jimmy, this is the funniest, and also the most relatable thing ive ever seen in my life.

that being said, this mod sounds awesome and im late to downloading it, and also you can include all the songs i have uploaded in resources if youd like, theyre all super metal and doom tastic. just so thats out there.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... ce#p729486
heres a link to the files, most of it is made by merkulon, but crediting isnt needed for use. you can just include it in your music files if youd like.
jbb666999

Re: [Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v10 in the works

Post by jbb666999 »

First off let me just say that I really love this mod. As much as i love the original D2 music, i do get sick of hearing the same tracks again and again. The problem is that I like to pistol start every level and that makes this mod pretty much unusable. Is there any workaround for this problem?
doomjoshuaboy
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by doomjoshuaboy »

:shock: Holy molly. This is going to be so awesome can't freaking wait for this!!!!!!! *gives Jimmy an thumbs up* awesome work mate and it's marvelous!! I'm going NUTS with this Jukebox Mod!!!!! LOL :D :)
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

jbb666999 wrote:First off let me just say that I really love this mod. As much as i love the original D2 music, i do get sick of hearing the same tracks again and again. The problem is that I like to pistol start every level and that makes this mod pretty much unusable. Is there any workaround for this problem?
I would see if loading a MAPINFO patch that has the "resethealth" and "resetinventory" flags set under an adddefaultmap section will work. I'm afraid I don't think I can do anything to Jukebox to alleviate this.
doomjoshuaboy wrote::shock: Holy molly. This is going to be so awesome can't freaking wait for this!!!!!!! *gives Jimmy an thumbs up* awesome work mate and it's marvelous!! I'm going NUTS with this Jukebox Mod!!!!! LOL :D :)
Hehe, thanks. :D
jbb666999

Post by jbb666999 »

Okay, I played around with ACS for a while and I think I was able to fix this. I made a pistol start patch for vanilla Doom and for Brutal Doom SE. If anyone wants to download it, I have posted them both in a zip file in the Brutal Doom SE thread. Thank you for the help and keep up the great work with Jimmy's jukebox.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Great mod. My only complaint is now I have to type "changemap" instead of "map" when changing levels. :wink:
Last edited by Rowsol on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

jbb666999 wrote:Okay, I played around with ACS for a while and I think I was able to fix this. I made a pistol start patch for vanilla Doom and for Brutal Doom SE. If anyone wants to download it, I have posted them both in a zip file in the Brutal Doom SE thread. Thank you for the help and keep up the great work with Jimmy's jukebox.
No problem, glad it worked out for you. Thanks. :D
Rowsol wrote:Great mod. My only complaint is now I have to type "changemap" instead of "map" when changing levels. :wink:
Can't be helped, I'm afraid, heh. "changemap" is a preferable command anyway, I feel.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Well I guess I have another one but this could be just an issue I have. The level is extremely choppy on my frame rate until the entire thing is buffered at which point it's fine, obviously.

Also, I see you can save the playlist but I'd like to be able to save the music pool. If I could load up a wad, open the jukebox menu and choose load saved pool and have it randomly pick 32 from it that would be perfect. I wouldn't have to lag in the music room and I wouldn't have to go around picking all the things I want to hear.

Oh, and one more thing. Switching songs requires 2 key presses and I would prefer 1.

And yet again one more thing. I think it would be ideal if the first spot you see after picking new game is the music room. I mean, it's not like someone's gonna load the mod up if they don't intend to use it and this saves the trouble of using the console. Plus, you can get rid of the text on the main menu, which I hate personally.

And... something else. Even though no repeat is on if I skip the track on the current level it will replay the track I skipped to on the next level.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Does this only work with midi tracks? Or would it be possible to use with the more ambient aubry hodges tracks like for psx doom, doom 64, and quake 64?

Sorry if it was already stated in the thread and I missed it.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I can work with anything that is in a supported [wiki]music format[/wiki].

Jimmy only provided MIDI because 1.) MIDI are cool, and 2.) you can have 1600 MIDI file in a zip without it weighing over a gigabyte.
Legend

Post by Legend »

ok thanks.

What's the difference between the regular download and the user download? I didn't see the difference listed.

Also, is it possible to make it work just randomly without having to go into the music selection level?
Gez

Post by Gez »

The user download is "build your own", so it has no music in it.

And AFAIK no.
Legend

Post by Legend »

ok. Thanks Gez.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Jimmy wrote:Can't be helped, I'm afraid, heh. "changemap" is a preferable command anyway, I feel.
Too bad you don't have Jukebox on a numbered map - I prefer idclev to changemap simply because it's more convenient.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

I wonder what is the best player for .MUS files?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”