Pantera MIDI replacers

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kostov

Pantera MIDI replacers

Post by Kostov »

Are MIDI/general music replacers way too common? Okay. Sorry if it is, I'm just a person taking his dumped projects here. This is... obviously a post with links to two WADs that are optimized for both main DOOM games in your face Doom 3 to produce different peaceful digitally strummed, plucked, sung, slapped, punched, kicked, sucked, and licked sounds. Welcome to a new world.

These are unpolished and not fully-tested creations. Mainly, I need the intro delay removed in Cowboys From Hell (the first midis in both WADs for non-fans), and possibly a few others aswell, depending on feedback I may get (if you can give me a good and free piece of software that'll do the trick or do it yourself I'll be glad :)). Not everything will loop seamlessly, but I have heard successful repetitions. As said, these are unpolished, so use what you may have.

Here is a sample of one of the many MIDIs used here if needed.

Credits go to these three sites, and obviously Pantera for all the awesome music and influence from the 90s. :)

Link for (Ultimate) DOOM Pantera replacer
Link for DOOM II Pantera replacer
Last edited by Kostov on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Skunk

Re: Pantera MIDI replacers

Post by Skunk »

I have a project I never released that edits and loops midis for use in Doom. It was never released because I couldn't contact the original midi creators. If you have permission to make edits to these midis I can make them loop for you.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Both of the sites just say that there's free MIDIs for download. I'm assuming it's allowed.
IMX

Post by IMX »

...Here's a list :roll:
Spoiler: Ultimate Doom, from E*M1 to E*M9 and so on
Spoiler: Doom 2
Also I was kind of hoping to keep it as surprise, but I was planning on doing a "metal" fork of Jimmy's Jukebox featuring MIDIs of metal bands, Pantera included. This reminded me of that project I left behind :lol: I think it would be nice to have such thing. Oh, and if you happen to be looking for more Pantera MIDIs, you can try exporting Guitar Pro tabs in MIDI; there's a good bunch of songs that are otherwise unobtainable without looking for GP tabs
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Although if I remember correctly you need to add the drums yourself.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Some Guitar Pro tracks come with drums and the whole set of instruments, if you're lucky enough. Most of them have just the guitar which doesn't really help that much. Anything that goes beyond 30kb of filesize is guaranteed to have more than just the guitar track. I can't remember which Pantera GP songs come with guitars only, but off the top of my head, I can mention The Underground In America only having guitar tracks; the rest of the most well-known songs have been fully tabbed.

I'm confident that the person who made Hellbound used a Guitar Pro tab for MAP31's song since it's hard to find the song in pure MIDI form without converting it first from a GP tab
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

IMX wrote:...Here's a list :roll:

Oh, and if you happen to be looking for more Pantera MIDIs, you can try exporting Guitar Pro tabs in MIDI; there's a good bunch of songs that are otherwise unobtainable without looking for GP tabs
Thanks alot for both the lists and tip, I did not even think about the latter! ...and I left E2M5 unchanged? Gonna fix that when I get back on the computer.

I plan to polish it more by increasing the diversity and distances between repeated songs (I managed to place two Becomings surrounding The Sleep..)
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Doom 1: E2M5 is filled by one of the Becoming tracks. Drag The Waters has been added. Check OP for updated link.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Sorry for bothering again :P but here's a WIP list I compiled last night based on the whole discography (or at least CFH and onwards)

UDoom
Spoiler:
Anything that already has Pantera-inspired songs (E1M4, E2M3 and E3M1) should NOT have changes at all IMO (Yes, I changed E2M9 but there's no point in repeating songs when Pantera has an big set of songs).

I'm torn between putting Floods (which we know it's long and beautiful) in E2M6 or E3M7, because both levels are arguably the longest ones in the classic set of Doom and take the most time to complete (or at least to some people), so I wanted to place long songs in medium/large sized maps.

Needless to say, it's hard to find Pantera songs that replace the ambient music used in the other half of the levels that weren't inspired by metal ones. Any changes/suggestions you want to speak out? I'm all open. Oh, and if you need help getting MIDI tracks just tell me and I'll post some, I have some already and I'll be glad to help

Edit: I went to sleep and this morning I managed to fill almost every slot EXCEPT one (Bunny). STILL debating on E2M6 and E3M7. Songs with a "?" at the end may not be final but are HUGE candidates
Spoiler:
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Hmm... got The Underground in America or Sandblasted Skin?
IMX

Post by IMX »

Underground only has guitar tracks, sadly, and it doesn't sound that good because of that. But I DO have Sandblasted Skin, just give me a second while I upload it

Edit: Here. Sequenced by EvoHksGReddy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s2ivembzlti9 ... _skin2.mid
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Amazing, thanks!
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Update: An invaluable source of Pantera MIDIs which was down at the time of my scavenging has been taken up. I'll update the thing with more songs in time.

EDIT: D1PANTERA.WAD has been updated. Songs have been replaced or re-ordered. Presumably, most MIDIs should loop better, excluding Heresy (E1M4) and 5 Minutes Alone (E3M6).

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”