Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Xenomorph Drone(v1.3) & Warrior(1.1)/Starship Konrad MAP

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Endless123 wrote:
Kontra Kommando wrote:Check out the review for Starship Konrad at the Doomwadstation!

http://www.doomwadstation.net/2014/starship/
I'm agree with him for the most part but i think he was a bit too severe with a playability at 5(i'd give at least a 7). I'm also agree with him about the difficulty to navigate the map without the automap but once it's found it's not that difficult.

I also have a review lined-up with Major Arlene on Youtube. I can't wait to see her playthrought it.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Let me know when she is done, i surely would like to see a playthrought of your map :)
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

This pleases me heavily, For one who had a project idea a long time ago but no means to go about it, this is sufficient enough.
Kontra Kommando

SAraisXenoQueen wrote:This pleases me heavily, For one who had a project idea a long time ago but no means to go about it, this is sufficient enough.
Thanks!

This was mainly my goal; to provide a diverse amount of xenomorph custom monsters so others could create Alien-themed WADs.

Today I should receive my Revoltech model of the Xenomorph Queen in the mail. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb15 ... G_1511.jpg

Once I have it, I will use it as a reference, for when I create the Queen sprites.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Xenomorph Queen WIP/ Xeno Drone and Warrior/ MAP01

New:

Here is the first sprite I have created for the Queen Xenomorph custom monster. I just resumed work on my sprite art today, I had to take a break to deal with personal matters. But now I will get back to work, double-time.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Looking good :D

Keep it up :)
SAraisXenoQueen

Intresting, very much so indeed. Enough to make me consider something...

But first, before I make the decision, I would like to see one of these as an example: A Xeno-Demon/Demon-Xeno, whatever have you, OR a Xenoborg Praetorian
Last edited by SAraisXenoQueen on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Your aliens stuff + Mike's Terminator stuff + some predator stuff would be perfect for a good AvPvT Total Conversion!
Kontra Kommando

SAraisXenoQueen wrote:Intresting, very much so indeed. Enough to make me consider something...

But first, before I make the decision, I would like to see one of these as an example: A Xeno-Demon/Demon-Xeno, whatever have you, OR a Xenoborg Praetorian
I did make a concept for a Demon Alien, but I'm going to get to that much later (http://i.imgur.com/ROTNGU6.png). After I complete the Queen, I will move on to creating the Runner. After that, I have plans on making a flying Drone, and flying Warrior; the Praetorian, some W-Y androids, and a few others. I'm aiming to create replacements for all of the Doom enemies.

Looks like I've got a lot of work to do :lol: But I'll do it gladly.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kontra Kommando

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Your aliens stuff + Mike's Terminator stuff + some predator stuff would be perfect for a good AvPvT Total Conversion!
I would totally love to see something like that! It is my hope that this project could spawn a ton of Aliens-themed and/or Related to Aliens themed WADs.
ObsessedWithMODs

Post by ObsessedWithMODs »

These are hands down the best up to date sprites for enemy replacement sprites in an Aliens themed mod in doom I've ever seen:mrgreen: .

Finally we might see a new and fully revised TC of some kind in the future, or so I hope.

Any chance or plans for new weapon sprites and gameplay mechanics?

I did ask for some new Sentry Gun sprites on Deimos Colonial Marines Mod, so who knows? Maybe you could do that, you have more than enough skills and experience judging by the details and effort you put into creating these new Alien Queen and Alien Warrior sprites.

Also would you ever consider full replacement of sprites, patches, flats, graphics and all sounds?

Or eventually create enough resources replaced for full "total" conversion rather than a "partial" conversion? I remember how most if not all mods and "TCs" back in the early 90s didn't exactly replace every sprite, graphic, sound, etc., they did replace a lot but not totally everything.
SAraisXenoQueen

ObsessedWithMODs wrote:These are hands down the best up to date sprites for enemy replacement sprites in an Aliens themed mod in doom I've ever seen:mrgreen: .

Finally we might see a new and fully revised TC of some kind in the future, or so I hope.

Any chance or plans for new weapon sprites and gameplay mechanics?

I did ask for some new Sentry Gun sprites on Deimos Colonial Marines Mod, so who knows? Maybe you could do that, you have more than enough skills and experience judging by the details and effort you put into creating these new Alien Queen and Alien Warrior sprites.

Also would you ever consider full replacement of sprites, patches, flats, graphics and all sounds?

Or eventually create enough resources replaced for full "total" conversion rather than a "partial" conversion? I remember how most if not all mods and "TCs" back in the early 90s didn't exactly replace every sprite, graphic, sound, etc., they did replace a lot but not totally everything.
Heh... heh... You might be in for a treat..

That design, whilst I initially didn't like it, acctually fits what i'm looking for. Looks less facehugged and more "turned into a xeno"

This is, again, fine for what I'm looking for.
Kontra Kommando

ObsessedWithMODs wrote:These are hands down the best up to date sprites for enemy replacement sprites in an Aliens themed mod in doom I've ever seen:mrgreen: .
Thanks a lot dude!
ObsessedWithMODs wrote:Finally we might see a new and fully revised TC of some kind in the future, or so I hope.
I hope so too, but for right now, I certainly have my work cut out for me.[/quote]
ObsessedWithMODs wrote:Any chance or plans for new weapon sprites and gameplay mechanics?
I haven't considered it, right now I a lot of xenomorphs to make. Perhaps after I create a full set of them, I would venture to do other things related to the aliens universe.
ObsessedWithMODs wrote:I did ask for some new Sentry Gun sprites on Deimos Colonial Marines Mod, so who knows? Maybe you could do that, you have more than enough skills and experience judging by the details and effort you put into creating these new Alien Queen and Alien Warrior sprites.
Again, I would have to see after I'm done with the xenomorphs.
ObsessedWithMODs wrote:Also would you ever consider full replacement of sprites, patches, flats, graphics and all sounds?
My friend is a sound engineer, I am actually going to colaborate with him, to rip some xeno sounds; replacing the ones made by Justin Fisher 20 years ago.
ObsessedWithMODs wrote:Or eventually create enough resources replaced for full "total" conversion rather than a "partial" conversion? I remember how most if not all mods and "TCs" back in the early 90s didn't exactly replace every sprite, graphic, sound, etc., they did replace a lot but not totally everything.
I was actually thinking about creating some new textures of my own, i.e. the xenomorph hive.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

A xeno hive !!! That would make me really crazy playing with my predator into a xeno hive ! That is implying you are working (or about to start working) on a map with a hive somewhere in it or a map that is a big hive. No matter which one you are going to choose be sure to let us know when you are done because the Doom world really needs more Aliens-themed maps :D

I'm sure i'm not the only one craving for new Aliens-theme maps :D
SAraisXenoQueen

Heh... If my project can start [I literally have no skills, I appologise, but I have big plans for this thing, been working it over in my mind for a bit] you'll be seeing a lot of that.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”