Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 12-24

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:20 am

Captain J wrote:anyway if you merge it with classic doom items or decoartions voxel replacement wad together, if would be superior.

i don't see the need for that... you could just download zdoom_vox.zip and autoload it. it'll run alongside this replacement wad just fine. edit: err, actually, no it doesn't.

mighty fine voxels, by the way! just one thing, though, perhaps you could make the clips the zombiemen drop to spin around (like zdoom_vox does it)?
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby Captain J » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:41 am

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:edit: err, actually, no it doesn't.
then i hope he can merge with zdoom_vox.zip sometime, somehow. without pushing around him.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Voxelbro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Waiting on aproval to merge the packs. It can happen in 2 days or 2 semesters.

Accessories to Voxel1.1 is here! http://www.mediafire.com/download/q336x ... xel1.1.pk3

- Pistol now in proper size
- Casings, all of them
- Bfg cells
- Pistol clips now rotate
Last edited by Voxelbro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voxelbro
If it's possible to get lost in a given map, I will

Postby LostSkull » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Awesome man!
LostSkull
Banned User

Postby Captain J » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 pm

i hope some of dropped ammos or weapons can rotate like a pistol clip and those casings were more roundy in next version, also every casing's primer part is penetrated or missing too.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm

some things i found out about the new version of the voxels pack:

the magnum box seems wholly out of scale. likewise, the assault-rifle clips look a bit too fat. at least, when you compare it to this tiny mini-rocket box.

perhaps have all the items dropped by enemies to be spinning around? it could give a bit of clarification on whether or not this sawed-off was dropped by a zombie, for example.

other than that, all the voxel replacements look pretty slick. i think the only ones i thought looked odd was the assault rifle and shotgun, mainly because of them standing up. but they don't look bad in design, so maybe that's just me.

edit: oh yeah, i also found out that the GL-defs for the Pain Elemental replacement are still green, instead of the orange-ish colour it is now.

edit 2: also, the large rocket box seems to only give 1 to your clip of ammo now, whereas before it gave 2.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby wildweasel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I like the work being done here, but if I am going to import it into the mod itself, I'll probably disable the spinning models.

The pain elemental thing is intentional, though. Or at least that's what I recall it being. Crap, I'm going to have to check that when I get home today.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Voxelbro » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:08 pm

the magnum box was missing in the voxeldef.
The rifle clip IS fat, compare it with the original sprite.
Found a better way to round the casings ( rounding in a cube based world is no trivial matter)
Fixed the Rocket box
Voxelbro

Postby USSRBear » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 pm

hmm, the voxel test, is it designed for a specific build of GZDoom? I'm getting an Decorating Error when I try to boot it up.
USSRBear

Postby Captain J » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:36 pm

latest gzdoom works fine, still don't work, make sure you drag ww-doomnukem.pk3 first to voxel pack to start.
Spoiler: if you mind on weapons, i hope you can polish their front, backside.
specially bfg. it was used to be a double barrel-ish shaped on weapon sprite.

oh, also did i mentioned rocket launcher's magazine is kinda flat too?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby DoomNukem » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:43 am

well it was meant to be a box magazine, maybe a bit thin, my only concern is the pistol's world model is green like the old sprite, I must've forgotten to give the nickel version to WW it would probably be easier to just greyscale the voxel model i guess but I do have a newer sprite for it somewhere , these are quite awesome very cool stuff Voxelbro they remind me of shadow warrior's voxel world guns.
you have brought my sprites to life, you have my many thanks.
DoomNukem
That messed up noise when you run over a cat, like stepping on a juice box.

Postby Voxelbro » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:53 am

The BFG may look double barrel-ish but it fires like a single barreled, and from the size of the projectile it's one huge barrel
The rocket launcher took some time because it's supposed to be consistent with reloading sprites and ammo box sprites.
In the animation, doomguy detaches the box sideways, while in the world sprite the box is under.
Voxelbro

Postby Captain J » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33 am

Voxelbro wrote:The BFG may look double barrel-ish but it fires like a single barreled, and from the size of the projectile it's one huge barrel
i know it is single-barreled even it does looks like a double-barreled also fires only one big plasma ball, but the shape doesn't look so same to compared with weapon sprite to me, also not flat enough too.

The rocket launcher took some time because it's supposed to be consistent with reloading sprites and ammo box sprites.
In the animation, doomguy detaches the box sideways, while in the world sprite the box is under.
it's just nothihg at all but you're caring about more of weapon polishing, i just want that magazine more bulkier also flatter...well, i mean in a graphical way. not a gameplay.

oh, also i don't see any of voxelized small minigun ammo(you know, that replaces cell.) but bigger one. i hope you can do about it, and i apologize for my unnecessary wishlists.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby wildweasel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:56 am

DoomNukem wrote:my only concern is the pistol's world model is green like the old sprite, I must've forgotten to give the nickel version to WW

I think you did...
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Undead » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:17 am

Hey WW, the HUD for this is kinda broken when standalone (as was released over at ModDB)

You may or may not know of attempts to make the HUD more compatible with vanilla/Brutal Doom which have been largely successful in my opinion, but I tweaked it a little bit and with my results I think it's pretty much identical to a vanilla equivalent of the Accessories to Murder HUD.

Link for my tweak can be found here, just thought I'd let you know. I think it'd be great if the links were put in the OP, the HUD is really damn nice on its own.
Undead
RUS/SRB translator

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods