ORO-RANDOM-DOOM version 3.0

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

should i do another randomizer for another iwad before moving on?

Yes strife
8%
Yes Heretic
4%
Yes hexen
No votes
Yes Chex quest
4%
YES ALL OF THEM!
60%
No move on to another project
24%

Total votes: 25

orosa

ORO-RANDOM-DOOM version 3.0

Post by orosa »

Hey there and welcome to my 1st mod, so what dose it do, it randomizes all the monsters and items in doom 1 and 2 but keep in mind its is only randomizing the stuff that is in the base code, so no double arm cyber-demons and flying master minds, and no red Armour, yes it may be really underwhelming Due to most mods, But hey, this is my 1st mod so please give me a break, Now i know what you may be thinking theres going to be a lot of Cyber-demons aren't there, NO! i have try to balance this mod and make it beatable while still fun, if you want a video demo station
here you go:

Download link
Verison 3.0

https://www.mediafire.com/file/blqw6xm1 ... 20V3.0.zip

so why no version 2.0
there is one out, but i felt it wasn't different enough to upload at the time, version 2.0 was just more randomization balances. now version 3.0 has inventory, all item and enemies now have a spawn chance, (meaning sometimes something won't spawn at all, and new difficulties. pushable barrels. so yeah i won't be uploading version 2.0 instead i will just be uploading version 3.0, after this i think i may work on a simple heretic randmizer patch. i will say more when it devlopes.

Version 1.0

https://www.mediafire.com/?amp0rrlejak1ly9

SPECIAL THANKS!
Yholl - for helping me fix picking up weapons
Shreddin' - for noticing my majour spelling mistakes and seeing that part of my code was reapeting causing it to break

Mega SPECIAL THANKS!
Blue shadow - for leading me to the basic of the code, and helping me out along the way

If i miss you and you help out please let me know with a link to where you help me out and have fun! and give me feed back!
Last edited by orosa on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
Endless123

Re: ORO-RANDOM-DOOM

Post by Endless123 »

Great idea :) I'll try it right away :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i hope you can use the youtube url next time...like this!
orosa

Post by orosa »

Captain J wrote: i hope you can use the youtube url next time...like this!
Yeah i fix it, thanks for posting this though, You see i use the quote reply and just toke the YouTube code and paste it over mine, so yeah..
Sorry i am more of a lurker on these forums, and not really a participator so i just now learning these things.
Lifeform

Re: ORO-RANDOM-DOOM version 3.0

Post by Lifeform »

I recently started to play Old School Doom again, and the having a Fuck Ton of fun with your randomizer...

Thank You soo much for making this, its very nice indeed good sir...

Im having a ball :D

It could be improved though. would love to see Pain Elementals added to the spawn pool chance, and i wish your randomizer would have an equal chance of spawning higher tier enemies, ( Barons, Arch Viles, Revenants, Mancubi, Arachnotrons )
in ANY MAP.... most of the time im only seeing Shotgunners and Chaingunners, imps, and demons... when a real GOOD randomizer, will throw Anything at you...

Still i appreciate the effort for this man... Im Loving it !!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”