[wip] Doom Launcher

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zereb

[wip] Doom Launcher

Post by zereb »

Just simple GUI launcher for doom ports. Written in Java .
If you can not start with a double-click, read this: Troubleshooting JAR File Associations
This is a personal project, I just decided to share. Have any suggestions?

Updated
Now the program can save the path to different engines, just click add new.
And fix a bug when the program has not seen iwads.
https://github.com/zereb/DoomLauncher/b ... creen4.png
Updated
Now you can save/load your launch configuration. There are recorded: selected engine selected IWADS all compatibility flags and all selected PWADS.
It may be buggy, please report me about founded bugs.

download
Page on github (if someone is interested in the source code)
previous versions:
Spoiler:
Sreens:
Spoiler:

Last edited by zereb on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Endless123

Re: [wip] Doom Launcher

Post by Endless123 »

Looks like you are on a Linux my friend, i think i recon the window's design(looks like a Debian distro you have, maybe Ubuntu or a derivative :) )

After that random though here comes the stupid question ... is it working on both Linux and Windows or it was just program on Linux for Windows?

Looks like a well made laucher, i'll give it a try :)

EDIT : It's starting fine but doesn't seem to see my IWADs so my guess is it can only sees zandronum IWADs and not the zdoom/gzdoom IWADs.
zereb

Post by zereb »

Yes its work on linux and windows. What u mean doesn't see IWADs? In first launch you need manually specify the folder with your IWAD.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

zereb wrote:Yes its work on linux and windows. What u mean doesn't see IWADs? In first launch you need manually specify the folder with your IWAD.
That's the problem, even with the folder specified it doesn't see my IWADs
zereb

Post by zereb »

Endless123 wrote:
zereb wrote:Yes its work on linux and windows. What u mean doesn't see IWADs? In first launch you need manually specify the folder with your IWAD.
That's the problem, even with the folder specified it doesn't see my IWADs
oh, I know why, I'll fix it.
abrawlica

Post by abrawlica »

Just a suggestion, can you make a profiling system for differnt wad configurations, so I can save multiple wad configs and maybe allow us to name the Configs, in like a drop down menu so as long as the wads are still in the folder it will load up say, brutal doom configuration or whatever. I think this would be most helpful as not even ZDL has any such feature. Its really annoying to switch out wads everytime you want to play a differnt wad and configure the load order etc.

Just a thought.
zereb

Post by zereb »

abrawlica wrote:Just a suggestion, can you make a profiling system for differnt wad configurations, so I can save multiple wad configs and maybe allow us to name the Configs, in like a drop down menu so as long as the wads are still in the folder it will load up say, brutal doom configuration or whatever. I think this would be most helpful as not even ZDL has any such feature. Its really annoying to switch out wads everytime you want to play a differnt wad and configure the load order etc.

Just a thought.
Done :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

I'm happy to say it's working well :D My only (personal) complain is it's starting a new game by default and bypass the main menu to jump right at the beginning of a level. It's no big deal though because the launcher is working flawlessly :)

Good work :)
zereb

Post by zereb »

Endless123 wrote:I'm happy to say it's working well :D My only (personal) complain is it's starting a new game by default and bypass the main menu to jump right at the beginning of a level. It's no big deal though because the launcher is working flawlessly :)

Good work :)
Ok, i fix that, now you need select this Image.
zereb

Post by zereb »

Little update. You can now select look and feel, just press switch LAF.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Hey hey, cool! Been hoping for something to replace ZDL for a while now.
Could you perhaps mix together a compact (ZDL small) window option?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I've been looking for some sort of Doom launcher frontend for a while - is there any chance you could look into giving it update capabilities? Basically, allow the launcher to download or access updated versions of WADs you have from an update server of some sort (perhaps from idgames?).
zereb

Post by zereb »

Slax wrote:Hey hey, cool! Been hoping for something to replace ZDL for a while now.
Could you perhaps mix together a compact (ZDL small) window option?
I'll think about how to do it.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Thanks for the changes :D

Great work again :)
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Java scares me.

Return to “Launchers”