[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Most likely not. They are probably far too complex for it.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yeah I thought so :(

Someone should start a deathmatch map project thingy
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Why? There are enough good Deathmatch maps out there - even for ZDoom. In terms of mapping Deathmatch has quite limited appeal because you can't do much aside from providing some room to allow players blasting themself into oblivion.
Risen

Post by Risen »

No Deathmatch support is planned.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Graf Zahl wrote:Why? There are enough good Deathmatch maps out there - even for ZDoom. In terms of mapping Deathmatch has quite limited appeal because you can't do much aside from providing some room to allow players blasting themself into oblivion.
I mean one with super zdoom features. For an example, look at the dam
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Well, I am very sorry for that, I would have fixed this on my own but as I said, reallife catched me once again :( I have to work for my job now about 80% more hours then I usually had to do few weeks before and this makes it very hard to find enough time for doom, sleep and lunch :(
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

cutmanmike wrote:I am not a dumbass who quotes images
Is that Your momma? :lol:
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

No, this is:
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Check it out! Big momma! :D
Risen

Post by Risen »

Please do not spam this thread. I was rightfully annoyed because that particular question has been asked and answered multiple times. In fact, I think you asked it before.

I'm adding the following to the defaultmap with mapinfo. Any reasons why it should not be like this?

evenlighting - with high-res, I don't think this is necessary and it makes sloped areas look better.

strictmonsteractivation - As suggested for all new projects.

forcefallingdamage - I think it fits our definition of the project to include this. You won't notice it often, there aren't a lot of places in E1 to fall very far.

filterstarts - allows multiple start points based on skill settings
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

If strictmonsteractivation is set all maps should at least be checked for proper door triggers so that monsters still can open selected doors (and activate lifts)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yes yes, sorry for teh spamming
In fact, I think you asked it before.
I did, and was answered "Give it a month" which is passed
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Risen wrote:For now I will not use a library because each map needs to be done separately, we would have 9 library lumps floating around and that would not be very helpful either.
Hmm? I thought you posted a single file that was to be pasted into each map's scripts code? Does it need to be customized for each map now? If not, you only need the one library, and you can make any changes you want to it without needing to recompile the scripts for any maps. In fact, if you're not providing any functions, the mappers could just use the following as the library code:

Code: Select all

#library "intermis"
(Yes, one line!) As long as your version of the library is what's in the wad, it will all magically work as long as the maps #imports it.
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

cutmanmike wrote:I mean one with super zdoom features. For an example, look at the dam
Risen

Post by Risen »

randy wrote:...you can make any changes you want to it without needing to recompile the scripts for any maps.
Oh? Then what's the deal with people saying you need the library source to compile the map scripts? Is that only necessary when functions are present?

If that's the case, this would make it much more flexible for me.

Return to “Levels”