ZBloodX

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: ZBloodX

Post by Nash »

Average

Post by Average »

Yeah. Welcome to the Doom "community" Thai-low. They're a warm, embracing bunch and not hung up on pedantries at all... ;)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Thai-low, I did already warn you about insulting people who are trying to give you advice. Even if he is being a little snide about it, Edward's advice is very useful to keep in mind, especially the bit about posting a bunch of times in a row, and even more so, the bit about taking actual screenshots instead of photographing your monitor.
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

The maps are really cool!! Have you planned to make new enemies?
And those textures are from Blood or do you make those by yourself?
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Average wrote:Yeah. Welcome to the Doom "community" Thai-low. They're a warm, embracing bunch and not hung up on pedantries at all... ;)
You shouldn't encourage ignoring project posting guidelines by insinuating everyone asking for real screenshots is being pedantic and hung up on something not important while OP is stuck in his "haters gonna hate" spiel. :roll:
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Everybody, chill yo shit. Thai-low, if you're getting your info about Edward from 4chan, I suggest to stuff that away faster than a Pizza in a Weight Lost Convention. Sure, Edward CAN be an asshole at times, but he's OUR asshole. We love him. Now that the information has been shared about how to take screenshots has been distributed, can we now move onto the mod?
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

lol well the mod is coming along with one fact that is kind of a set back :( I don't know what happened last night after I shut off my computer but now every time I load this mod into Zdoom it has returned everything that I coded back to its original Zblood+ mod even in doom builder :x I'm working hard to fix what has happened to the Zbloodx coding and I will not longer be posting anymore pictures of this build. It caused so much of a shit storm that it almost made me want to just abandon this project do to the fact that I felt (still feeling by the way) as tho no one really wants to see this finished :( and with this return to Zblood+ everything I spend just about two weeks on re-molding has gone to hell! the cultists are back doing there dumb "gliding glitch", all the gore has been removed from blowing up the cultists, some weapons "stick" when you get the guns akimbo that locks the current weapon till it runs out of ammo... list goes on and on for crap that has to be weeded out again so if you guys don't hear from me its because I got to do everything from scratch again :/ and if I do decide to abandon this wad I will let everyone here know about rather then have you all sit on the edge of your seats waiting for this to finally be released. :(
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Does anyone else think this entire thread is one giant cock tease ?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Thai-Low wrote:lol well the mod is coming along with one fact that is kind of a set back :( I don't know what happened last night after I shut off my computer but now every time I load this mod into Zdoom it has returned everything that I coded back to its original Zblood+ mod even in doom builder :x
I don't suppose you're accidentally loading zblood+ instead? Or perhaps an accidental overwrite of your file?
I'm working hard to fix what has happened to the Zbloodx coding and I will not longer be posting anymore pictures of this build. It caused so much of a shit storm that it almost made me want to just abandon this project do to the fact that I felt (still feeling by the way) as tho no one really wants to see this finished :(
I don't see where anybody ever said that they didn't want to see the mod finished. Don't be discouraged by a lack of excitement. And I wouldn't exactly call the screenshots a "shit storm"; I just feel like the pictures would tell us more if we could see them more clearly, i.e. from actual screenshots (like Printscreen or ZDoom's screenshot function) instead of the slightly blurry camera photos posted above.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

you may be right on the over saving of the ZBloodX folder I been back tracking all my work and thats how its lookin so I will just take the second back up file I have. and thank you all on the support to get this done :) the trolling of "we want pics" was becoming a tad bit overwhelming I mean I'm sorry that I fixed my zdoom to work with a controller rather then the old hot keys. I only used my shitty camera just to prove that this is being worked on and that its not just a "cock tease" like Skrell was saying. but its back to the grind now for this Un-dead cowboy. have a great day/night everyone! I will keep everyone up to date with the build I mean its been under work for 4 years now
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I sort of understand the reasoning behind camera pics, but now that it's established feel free to take much better pics on your comp. Use that little print screen button on your keyboard (or better yet, Zdoom's screenshot function) for your pics from now on, so we can see the detail of what you're trying to show. I hope the best for your project, keep up the good work! Especially since I don't see Atari ever letting their fingers off of the source code.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Hey Hey Everone! so this may be a bit off topic but I have found a source port for Blood!!!!!!! now mind you this ain't the full source code its just a port on DOSBOX that allows you to play blood without having to set up that stupid dosbox. but I knew this was too good to be true then it hit me... you must actually own the cd of blood for it to work I mean it has a shareware version built in to it and I did my best to try and get it to read my downloaded copy of it (which it clearly stated in the manual that it can read a downloaded version) with no luck... :( I don't think I'm going to keep pissing around with it due to the fact that it takes all the fun away from re-creating it :) but if you guys like I could post this "source imposter" here but when I think about it this is a DOOM form not a blood one so maybe the guys at transfusion or one of those other Blood sights may have some time to put into this to make it accessible to play blood via download like Eduke and what not. thats all from me today... Oh also almost forgot a beta of ZbloodX will be up soon :D so far I just removed all the over powered stuff from all the early levels also put original enemies and sprites back to the way they were in the original blood :) I need to release this beta soon too because I don't have time to do both modding and testing on it. I mean theres a few bugs that I was able to spot out right quick but I had no idea how to fix them because they have this odd "Happening" like a once in a blue moon type glitch. any ways I just thought this was a cool find because Atari won't release the real code so to see someone go out of his or her way to use that old crappy dosbox as a free base for a source code for blood was pretty cool.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

My eyes!

Paragraphs, please.
Tux

Post by Tux »

please it doesn't hurt
plus noone wants to read not formatted walls of text
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

Thai-Low wrote:Hey Hey Everone! so this may be a bit off topic but I have found a source port for Blood!!!!!!! now mind you this ain't the full source code its just a port on DOSBOX that allows you to play blood without having to set up that stupid dosbox. but I knew this was too good to be true then it hit me... you must actually own the cd of blood for it to work I mean it has a shareware version built in to it and I did my best to try and get it to read my downloaded copy of it (which it clearly stated in the manual that it can read a downloaded version) with no luck... :( I don't think I'm going to keep pissing around with it due to the fact that it takes all the fun away from re-creating it :) but if you guys like I could post this "source imposter" here but when I think about it this is a DOOM form not a blood one so maybe the guys at transfusion or one of those other Blood sights may have some time to put into this to make it accessible to play blood via download like Eduke and what not. thats all from me today... Oh also almost forgot a beta of ZbloodX will be up soon :D so far I just removed all the over powered stuff from all the early levels also put original enemies and sprites back to the way they were in the original blood :) I need to release this beta soon too because I don't have time to do both modding and testing on it. I mean theres a few bugs that I was able to spot out right quick but I had no idea how to fix them because they have this odd "Happening" like a once in a blue moon type glitch. any ways I just thought this was a cool find because Atari won't release the real code so to see someone go out of his or her way to use that old crappy dosbox as a free base for a source code for blood was pretty cool.
Where did you find it?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”