GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Triple S

Re: GMOTA: A fantasy themed, arcade inspired, weapon set [V

Post by Triple S »

This is looking better and better every day. I'd totally beta-test this, lololol

Seriously though, can't wait to dick around with this once it's done.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Triple S wrote:This is looking better and better every day. I'd totally beta-test this, lololol

Seriously though, can't wait to dick around with this once it's done.
Same for me :D

I have played the previous versions and i liked them a lot. of course there is some maps to avoid but come to think of it it helps to develop an other strategy instead of just "hit and run" or "rambo style" the map. And from what i saw in the last updates some great stuff will make this mod even more enjoyable. I can't wait to play the next playable beta :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Combine_Kegan wrote:If I could, I would.
hell, it should be.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Captain J wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:If I could, I would.
hell, it should be.
Sure you can, just rename the MOD and the Thread. Unless you were talking about that Arthur skin for Doomguy, that can wait til later. :lol:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

yes, i was talking about doomguy with an arthur's armour. but too bad these's no medival armour sprites it seems.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Captain J wrote:yes, i was talking about doomguy with an arthur's armour. but too bad these's no medival armour sprites it seems.
In all seriousness, I already have a character for GMOTA: Lord Blaskowicz, the great great etc. granddaddy of Doomguy and BJ, I'd love to get someone to make some edits to the Baratus player sprite to match up what I envision he looks like. But for now we'll all have to make due with the standard Baratus player sprite.
Combine_Kegan

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy themed, arcade inspired, gameplay mod [V0

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Big changes in V0.8, not all of the subweapons are in but I've been too damned hyped about this to keep it to myself, so go give v0.8 a shot!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Combine_Kegan wrote:Big changes in V0.8, not all of the subweapons are in but I've been too damned hyped about this to keep it to myself, so go give v0.8 a shot!
It's about time you release something and quit teasing us ;)

Just kidding :P Great job and massive improvements you've done :D Not the previous versions wasn't good, on the contrary they were great but this one is what i'd call a cornerstone in your mod development. No kidding, i recommend this mod to anyone who'd like to try something new in doom gameplay.

I gave it a try already and i like it :D

Keep it up:)

Note : I'm starting to feel like Link in Zelda when i use the sword :D
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

That's some sexy topic image right there :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i hope you can add even more variant of weapons from SGNG. well, i can't think about more magical attacks but from dungeons and dragons, though.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Yeah, would be nice
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

It's already a good quality mod and something tells me he has lots of great ideas for the future of his mod and i think he will amazes us again in the future.

This one will be great i can feel it :D

Note : Did i mentioned i really like this mod? I think i forgot to say it :P
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Captain J wrote:i hope you can add even more variant of weapons from SGNG. well, i can't think about more magical attacks but from dungeons and dragons, though.
Oh don't you worry, I got another three subweapons planned, two of them are from Super GnG, and who knows? I can always add more subweapons.

I'm also toying with the idea of new powerups, like something that gives increased sword rage or sword/wand mana generation for the duration of the map, as well as a pickup that could replace one of the weapons temporarily as well, I could always implement Timon's Axe and the wicked hammer in some way.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I dunno if this's a bug or not but when I press Reload while using my sword and trying to swing it, it returns to its normal state and nothing more's happening.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

LostSkull wrote:I dunno if this's a bug or not but when I press Reload while using my sword and trying to swing it, it returns to its normal state and nothing more's happening.
This happens if you don't have enough sword power. Try smacking some enemies with it and picking up sword crystals.

BUG REPORT: Changing weapon modes removes powerups like Invulnerability (though the screen overlay remains for the normal duration - don't be fooled).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”