[Released] Wrath of Cronos with heXercise

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Triple S

Re: [Released] Wrath of Cronos with heXercise

Post by Triple S »

LostSkull wrote:Sweet! Thanks for the info. :)

EDIT: Should be noted that WoC breaks some mods that requires the player to shoot a switch in order to proceed.
Take Hell Ground for example, you need to shoot two switches in the beginning to lower a gate and so early in the game you don't have any projectile weapon in WoC.
I think the mdk console command will trigger those. Just make sure you're aiming right at 'em and type it in!
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I had no idea about that at all. Many thanks indeed :D
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

ARG rotating the sword is killing me! i wish eriance would have made full versions of the vorpal for this sort of editing. its looking like id have to recreate a large portion of the sword and arm just on frame one :(
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Crudux Cruo wrote:ARG rotating the sword is killing me! i wish eriance would have made full versions of the vorpal for this sort of editing. its looking like id have to recreate a large portion of the sword and arm just on frame one
One question regarding that: Couldn't you mirror the sprites and use them as a left-sided slash? I know you intend to add new and different forms of attack (which is awesome) but maybe that could also work as an extra attack. Quietus actually has a mirrored attack, swinging from the right with primary fire and from the left with secondary.

The one problem with that, and it happens with Quietus too, is that since it mirrors the hand too, it looks like the Fighter changes hands when holding the sword. But let's think he's incredibly skilled and is able to juggle his blade from hand to hand.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Well that easy, but its cheap. i guess that will have to do, and he will have to do some coordinate work to make it work.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Well, here are some shiny new sprites, enjoy.
Attachments
SWRDM0.png
SWRDM0.png (50.62 KiB) Viewed 772 times
SWRDL0.png
SWRDL0.png (58.2 KiB) Viewed 772 times
SWRDK0.png
SWRDK0.png (36.9 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Here they are, continued. i made these all extra long on purpose because i intend to tilt them sideways in a bit, so that you can program horizontal slashes. with positional orientation i imagine you can get these quite smooth :)
Attachments
SWRDO0.png
SWRDO0.png (3.28 KiB) Viewed 773 times
SWRDN0.png
SWRDN0.png (35.17 KiB) Viewed 773 times
CrazyEyes

Post by CrazyEyes »

Sorry I haven't said much for about a week, classes started about two weeks ago so I occasionally forget to continue working on this project. It's probably one of my busiest semesters (I have a gamification project for a client company as my thesis, and a game I'm coding for with a team in a different class). I am glad to return to see Cruo's new sprites, however. Here's a short list of what I plan on putting in the next version:

- Different alternate for Arc of Death
- The changes to the Vorpal Blade I mentioned a few pages ago
Valharran wrote:Few things:

1. Firestorm for the Cleric needs a buff, putting points into Willpower doesn't increase the damage enough.

2. Shield bash is a little wonky, it works when it decides to work. 1 out 3 swings will activate it seems.

3. Using the alt fire of the Hammer of Retribution while standing on a tall monster like a Hell Knight will get you frozen in place unless you "noclip". After putting the cheat in the attack will complete like it is supposed to.
Well, shit. I just knew there had to be a reason that Lloyd used velocity changes and checks instead of checking for the ground when using the Hammer's alt-fire, and that was it. Now I feel silly. I will change that back and it should fix that issue, while also retaining the fix for not having ammo getting you stuck.

The shield bash issue is fixed on the version I have right now, and I will try to figure out a sweeter spot for Firestorm.
Crudux Cruo wrote:with positional orientation i imagine you can get these quite smooth
Oh yeah. Most of HeXercise's animations use only one or two different frames. This swing should look quite nice when I implement it.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

You know, i'm looking at the frames, and it seems like it would work doing a strait horizontal slash, with the right positioning. i'm going to hold my work on the vorpal blade until a test version comes out.

BTW... i'm out of ideas for new sprites for the 3 hexercize classes so...

How about a ritual dagger for the necromancer instead of that silly scythe? i feel it would fit better with his character... ill do a mock up of it soonish, and then from there we can get some yea's or nay's.
Attachments
Ritualknife.png
Ritualknife.png (14.54 KiB) Viewed 729 times
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Crudux Cruo wrote:You know, i'm looking at the frames, and it seems like it would work doing a strait horizontal slash, with the right positioning. i'm going to hold my work on the vorpal blade until a test version comes out.

How about a ritual dagger for the necromancer instead of that silly scythe? i feel it would fit better with his character... ill do a mock up of it soonish, and then from there we can get some yea's or nay's.
Kriss Knife with a shrunken head would be cool. lol
acidhoez

Post by acidhoez »

Crudux Cruo wrote: How about a ritual dagger for the necromancer instead of that silly scythe? i feel it would fit better with his character... ill do a mock up of it soonish, and then from there we can get some yea's or nay's.
that looks like the dagger that the mage should be able to use thats attatched to his robe, i like it.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Crudux Cruo wrote:You know, i'm looking at the frames, and it seems like it would work doing a strait horizontal slash, with the right positioning. i'm going to hold my work on the vorpal blade until a test version comes out.

thats funny, i was thinking about a kriss dagger originally, but i thought this one was cooler. I might just work one up as an alternate.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

How about changing the uppercut into a "hookercut" instead? It looks like the arm already moves WAY too much to be a boxer's uppercut... I'd like to see it slide more from the side of the screen into the center.
Biosyn

Post by Biosyn »

Hexercise is being worked on? Sounds cool. And the above sprites look pretty darn good too.

But would this be workable with new map sets though? I've tried hexercise before but not Wrath of Cronos so if it has new maps, that'd be great.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Biosyn wrote:Hexercise is being worked on? Sounds cool. And the above sprites look pretty darn good too.

But would this be workable with new map sets though? I've tried hexercise before but not Wrath of Cronos so if it has new maps, that'd be great.
keep in mind this is just a weapons set, though im with you on the map thing. also, this isn't an official collaboration with lloyd or thetis, though hopefully they'll both jump in to it too eventually.

Here is a new mockup for the ritual dagger. i like my original one better.
Attachments
Ritualknife2.png
Ritualknife2.png (15.92 KiB) Viewed 661 times

Return to “Gameplay Mods”